Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 57 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

11 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

A hung parliament would be cherry on cake of the constitutional mess the Tories have created

Here is an interesting question : would right wing LAB MPs back a coalition with the SNP and Lib Dems ?
Or would they abstain simply to skewer Corbyn...

I can answer that: they would do ANYTHING to skewer Corbyn. Just ask John McTernan.

8 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

at least he backtracked on the shoot to kill policy

but anyone who votes for a party with diane abbot in it needs help

What a bizarre mindset you must hold. 

Who should people vote for instead? Should they vote for the Tories? A party who cuts and cuts and cuts public services under the guise of clearing the deficit (which they've completely failed at btw...)? A party who was warned that their cuts to policing would result in an increased risk of terror attacks and branded it "scaremongering"? A party who wants women to recount their experience of rape to claim £7/wk in child benefit? A party who wants to open the NHS up to private companies who'll put profits over actually saving lives? A party who wants to abolish free school meals? A party who's leader visits Suadia Arabia's rulers in order to ensure they keep buying UK weapons, weapons used to starve children across Yemen to death and which often end up in the hands of Daesh? A party who allowed the Manchester bomber to travel to and from Libya freely because he was going to fight against Gadaffi? 

Nah, you're right. Dianne Abbot is the big issue in this election. :rolleyes: How the hell can folk actually come out with such utter shite?  

Thank feck you don't get to vote. One less absolute numbskull i have to be concerned about deciding the future of me, my family, my friends, my community and my country. 

14 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

What about a party with Bojo in it? Eh?

Ahhh good old Boris Johnson. The guy who helped his pal try and have a journalist physically assaulted by giving out the journalists address. What a guy. 

55 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I can answer that: they would do ANYTHING to skewer Corbyn. Just ask John McTernan.

McTernan's now saying that "his (Jeremy Corbyn) appeal is too wide and too deep to be ignored".

That basically means according to McTernan's Law, he's screwed.

41 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nah, you're right. Dianne Abbot is the big issue in this election. :rolleyes: How the hell can folk actually come out with such utter shite?  

I'm not a massive fan of her but it sounds like Dianne Abbot is actually pretty ill - taking an indefinite break from front-line politics.  

That might explain some of the "car-crash" interviews and maybe some of her more outrageous critics might want to reflect on that.

14 minutes ago, aaid said:

I'm not a massive fan of her but it sounds like Dianne Abbot is actually pretty ill - taking an indefinite break from front-line politics.  

That might explain some of the "car-crash" interviews and maybe some of her more outrageous critics might want to reflect on that.

Yes despite her mistakes she has not seemed 100% at all.

she has had some shockers, if ill then that explains a lot.

It was a snap poll of course so maybe Labour had little choice to just go with the status quo irrespective of health but really Shadow Home secretary is too important for that. Maybe reflects more on the leadership.  

16 hours ago, Parklife said:

Plus, Corbyn isn't in favouring of slaughtering brown people with chemical weapons, so is clearly superior to Churchill. 

I'm not sure Churchill was too bothered about what colour they were? 

My dream scenario for this election is for the SNP to hold firm and win 50+ seats but 45+ seats I'd be happy enough with. Any losses I'd far sooner they went to Labour or LibDems.

As for the UK obviously it would be just superb if the Tories were turfed out. At present the only realistic scenario I see that happening with is a hung parliament and coalition between Labour and SNP forming the government.

12 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I'm not sure Churchill was too bothered about what colour they were? 

Well it was in Mesopotamia that he was so keen on using them, was it not?  

3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've requested an exact Scottish seats bet from SkyBet. 

SNP: 51
Tories: 5
Lib Dems: 2
Labour: 1

25/1. 

I'm not a betting man, but is that not pretty shit odds for such a difficult prediction.

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

What a bizarre mindset you must hold. 

Who should people vote for instead? Should they vote for the Tories? A party who cuts and cuts and cuts public services under the guise of clearing the deficit (which they've completely failed at btw...)? A party who was warned that their cuts to policing would result in an increased risk of terror attacks and branded it "scaremongering"? A party who wants women to recount their experience of rape to claim £7/wk in child benefit? A party who wants to open the NHS up to private companies who'll put profits over actually saving lives? A party who wants to abolish free school meals? A party who's leader visits Suadia Arabia's rulers in order to ensure they keep buying UK weapons, weapons used to starve children across Yemen to death and which often end up in the hands of Daesh? A party who allowed the Manchester bomber to travel to and from Libya freely because he was going to fight against Gadaffi? 

Thank feck you don't get to vote. One less absolute numbskull i have to be concerned about deciding the future of me, my family, my friends, my community and my country. 

Ive never voted Conservative in my life ; but dont let that stop your ranting

4 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

but dont let that stop your ranting

I won't. Thanks. People coming out with nonsensical shite like you did is always likely to induce a rant :ok: 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I won't. Thanks. People coming out with nonsensical shite like you did is always likely to induce a rant :ok: 

The thought of dianne abbot as home secretary for many would be a turn off and huge vote loser ; just coincidental she pulls out today with mystery illness

utter nonsense of course

Just now, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

The thought of dianne abbot as home secretary for many would be a turn off and huge vote loser 

I'm sure it would. The media have done a wonderful job of demeaning a wonderful, capable, compassionate and immensely intelligent MP. 

Thankfully i don't just rely on the media to tell me what to think of people. Go examine her record, her achievements, her voting record, then come back. Actually, don't bother, as i don't give a flying feck what you think. 

5 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I'm sure it would. The media have done a wonderful job of demeaning a wonderful, capable, compassionate and immensely intelligent MP. 

Thankfully i don't just rely on the media to tell me what to think of people. Go examine her record, her achievements, her voting record, then come back. Actually, don't bother, as i don't give a flying feck what you think. 

Thanks for the reasoned debate princess

3 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Thanks for the reasoned debate princess

I responded with quite a bit more reason and substance than your opening gambit of :

" but anyone who votes for a party with diane abbot in it needs help "

22 minutes ago, FuNsTeR said:

i was polled this morning by Yougov ... obviously a poll will be either released tonight or sometime tomorrow morning/afternoon 

Yes they keep the real ones to last

It's so the BBC can announce at 1 minute past 10pm who has won ....