Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 62 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

42 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

I'll be amazed if the SNP get over 50 seats.

The 2015 result was a one-off thanks in part to post referendum No voter guilt.

It was like Leicester winning the EPL.

They probably won't ever do quite aswell again.

Id guess a lot of the newly engaged in politics folk will have lost interest, looked out the window and thought "fukk that!" or gone back to blindly voting labour.

43 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Just voted, the page of the electoral list that I was on looked about 40% scored out, looks like turnout will be low if thats replicated.

Starting to fear the worst about this election.

Aye, low turnout isn't good.

It's surprising the SNP didn't push more what they actually did in Westminster - in terms of the pattern of voting for and against different causes, how pressures was brought to bear as effective opposition, and contrasted with what Labour and the others did. That would be an actual defence of their Westminster record 2015-17, and surely give the best perspective on what to expect next. The fact they were never asked, is not really an excuse/explanation.

7 minutes ago, exile said:

It's surprising the SNP didn't push more what they actually did in Westminster - in terms of the pattern of voting for and against different causes, how pressures was brought to bear as effective opposition, and contrasted with what Labour and the others did. That would be an actual defence of their Westminster record 2015-17, and surely give the best perspective on what to expect next. The fact they were never asked, is not really an excuse/explanation.

The way the campaign worked out - and bearing in mind it was basically three v one all the time meant they were on the back foot most of the time and couldn't really move the argument off of devolved matters or a second referendum.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

Just voted, the page of the electoral list that I was on looked about 40% scored out, looks like turnout will be low if thats replicated.

Starting to fear the worst about this election.

It's a weird one.  I've never seen my polling station as busy as it was when I went in to vote, it was mobbed.  Even more so than the independence referendum, although I only nipped in today for 5 minutes to vote at 4:30pm today, whereas I spent the day at the polling station for the referendum so can't speak for the rest of the day, but the Mrs did say it was mobbed when she went down at 2pm.  However when I got inside there wasn't too many names scored off the electoral list at my table.

1 hour ago, aaid said:

It won't come to that but I have noticed a very different shift in opinion in the last couple of weeks from people I've spoken to which is largely down to how she's personally performed in the campaign.  In the main that's people I know who rarely discuss politics so that in itself is telling.

I drove past the Conservative Club earlier on today and someone had spray-painted SCUM across the front.  

sorry

Just now, thplinth said:

Prediction?

Tory biggest party overall but no majority, I reckon SNP will take 50+ in Scotland.

If I went with my social media and friend bubble it would be Labour majority...  And if I went with my colleagues it would be Tory landslide (khunts are all from Troon).

3 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

Was busy when I went as well. But amazed at the lack of leaflets posters billboards. Most folk fed up with it I think.

I've only had a SNP and Labour leaflet this election.  When I got to the polling station there was only a Tory greeting voters.

1 hour ago, Scunnered said:

Tory biggest party overall but no majority, I reckon SNP will take 50+ in Scotland.

If I went with my social media and friend bubble it would be Labour majority...  And if I went with my colleagues it would be Tory landslide (khunts are all from Troon).

Thats my bet also.

Guest flumax
3 minutes ago, wheres the pies said:

Hung parliament you heard it here first 

That's me sorted off to bed with a skip in my step. What a smashing campaign. Night folks.