Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 68 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

4 minutes ago, wembley67lisbon said:

Less concerned about snp losing to labour. Many of these people are switching back because of corbers which is fair enough. They would probably still vote yes in another ref. 

People voting for Tory is a different ball game though.

I agree with that. I'd vote for Corbyn if he was standing in Scotland.  

6 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Are Labour actually over-performing the exit poll?

Agree, as much as I dislike SLAB, I'd love to see Labour second in Scotland over the Tories.

BBC saying that labour in Scotland could take at least 7 seats 

Seemingly Sky News more optimistic about SNP seats (45+)

That is not replicated by anyone else - including the SNP

Regardless of final results - losing Mhairi Black, Robertson and Salmond would not just be a disaster for the SNP but for their constituencies and Scotland 

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You obviously dont care about Scotland that much anyway or you'd actually stay here. 

I'm hoping I'm missing some obvious joke here, otherwise that is an incredibly lazy generalisation Humper!

Love some of this reporting lol

BBC Oxford's Sophie Law is at the count in David Cameron's former Witney constituency in Oxfordshire, and has spotted a "fist bump" between two Lib Dems watching votes being counted.

16 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Are Labour actually over-performing the exit poll?

Agree, as much as I dislike SLAB, I'd love to see Labour second in Scotland over the Tories.

The interesting thing is that Scottish Labour are evidently fighting for, and potentially winning back, Yes voters.

What is their message to these people who still have independence aspirations? While Corbyn is seemingly open on the issue, it seems that Scottish Labour have never been more hardline in their opposition.  

Try as I might I'm really struggling to stomach SNP folk saying that 34 seats would still be a great result and that it's been a disastrous night for Teresa May.

Sometimes a wee bit of honesty and humility goes a long way. 

5 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

The interesting thing is that Scottish Labour are evidently fighting for, and potentially winning back, Yes voters.

What is their message to these people who still have independence aspirations? While Corbyn is seemingly open on the issue, it seems that Scottish Labour have never been more hardline in their opposition.  

They're voting for Corbyn this time, simple as that.