Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 81 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

27 minutes ago, thplinth said:

And by the way someone above suggested the council tax changes might have played a part in this... could not agree more. I had a very small experience with some of this and it was revolting. I can fully understand if it caused some folk to say go fhuck yourselves. You would not think you would but trust me the treatment I saw was unbelievable.

I am told it was the local councils applying it but it was the SNP that enabled them (but trust me the councils actively blamed the SNP).

The SNP cant trust hostile councils with discretionary power. They just use it to fhuck you. And guess what they fhucked you. 

just found out my mother voted Tory (Gordon) and last time around she voted SNP & Likely Lib Dem before that 

Council Tax was her motivation - told her 100 GBP was fook all when get all free busses, prescriptions, etc etc , 

I think some of the businesses in North had their rates trebled 

1 minute ago, euan2020 said:

just found out my mother voted Tory (Gordon) and last time around she voted SNP & Likely Lib Dem before that 

Council Tax was her motivation - told her 100 GBP was fook all when get all free busses, prescriptions, etc etc , 

I think some of the businesses in North had their rates trebled 

The business community in the north east is seething about the rate hike. Was at a business breakfast up there the other week. Covered half the discussion forum.  

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

They're not going in to coalition. 

Since ive bet on next government to be a Tory minority, they fecking better not!!

Bookies put £130 into my account today. Cheers for the tip by the way!

I don't know where this leaves Labour supporters in Scotland.  Yes, the party inspired by Corbyn had a good night but in the cold light of morning May might have had a bloodied nose but the Tories still won and once more Scotland is at the mercy of a party that it did not vote for and that democratic deficit is for me the crux of the independence cause.

Angus Robertson - a thorn in the side of the Tory front benchers asking the right questions about their policies and making weekly headlines in the National media

Alex Salmond - a thorn in the side of the Tory foreign policy and illegal war machine

John Nicolson - a thorn in the side of the colonial attitude to broadcasting in Scotland

And we got rid of them all

16 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Angus Robertson - a thorn in the side of the Tory front benchers asking the right questions about their policies and making weekly headlines in the National media

Alex Salmond - a thorn in the side of the Tory foreign policy and illegal war machine

John Nicolson - a thorn in the side of the colonial attitude to broadcasting in Scotland

For some Tory nobodies who will be forgotten in good time.

Guest flumax
17 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Well it just means that 20-25 rosette wearers need to get involved instead of leaving it to these few. Do that and parliamentary snp group will be a force 

1 minute ago, Bristolhibby said:

For some Tory nobodies who will be forgotten in good time.

And all because of some twisted self loathing desire to ensure that if Brexit turns out to be an unmitigated disaster for Scotland we do not get a chance to reject it 

i see Sarah Smith wrapping up there, spinning the line that the Scottish government had surely now lost the right to indyref2 because of this result.

But surely they already established the right to do call for it; whether they actually go ahead with it is political judgement, which this result presumably advises against. If Sarah Smith ignores that right already established, she's more or less saying Holyrood is a pretendy parliament (despite making a living out of Scottish politics).

And Ruth Davidson, congratulated for her successful strategy of proclaiming to block a referendum - but surely she never did say that she would block it? The Tories only ever said 'not now'.

So the narrative as usual stitched up to suit the soundbite; you have to conclude that the arguments above are way too nuanced and complex for busy voters to worry about. In this sense the arguments of Trump-like simplicity - Take Back Control - must have never seemed more attractive.

Edited by exile

2 hours ago, Stu101 said:

The business community in the north east is seething about the rate hike. Was at a business breakfast up there the other week. Covered half the discussion forum.  

Yes that they are, for a party who said they would listen we certainly didn't when it came ton the business rate rises

Edited by hampden_loon2878

Regardless of mistakes and misjudgements in the past - The SNP will not now roll back on the people of Scotland being given a choice between an extreme brexit UK and Independence within the EU

The reason ? Because it's not about the SNP - it's about what's best for Scotland

I have highlighted extreme brexit UK because there is a good chance that will not happen now and we might remain in the common market

Thats the only way it will be off the table

On reflection the actual number of WM seats does not matter too much, in a practical sense, unless actually part of the arithmetic of a governing alliance.  For all that the SNP like to have 'won the election' in reality no rival party is acknowledging that as of any significance...; had they won 50 seats the answer would still be 'no'.

Edited by exile

4 hours ago, Stu101 said:

I know someone that is related to one of their MP's. Says they are completely mental. Doesn't know if they hate Catholics or dinosaurs more.

???

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Are you really so dense that you believe the Corbyn IRA sympathiser garbage?

See below

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

There's two options: 

1. Yes he is. 

2. No but he just wants to play the @rsehole, like usual. 

A mixture of both

What we'd give to get David Cameron back on the job

Say what you want about him but he wasn't afraid to put himself in the firing line, gave us the chance of independence and later Brexit which eventually led to his downfall 

I wonder what the bookies would give you on Tony Blair being PM this time next year

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

One might think that youngsters were being turned away and votes were tampered with! :shocked: