Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15 - Page 90 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

4 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

There will be another referendum when the people of Scotland want one.

Yep. It's pretty simple. If the people want a referendum or the people want independence, it will be really quite simple. They'll vote for the party that offers it in election. And that will be SNP. If support for independence hangs around at 40%, that's a massive base the SNP can call on when the time is right.

What they can't afford to do though is tarnish the party or independence by constantly p*ssing people off, whether that's by taking them for granted, f***ing up on the day job or getting above their station. Let brexit run it's course and get back to bread and butter of running Scottish Government for now.

6 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

This time the unionist parties and voters were far more switched on tactically towards beating the SNP.  John Nicholson was on This Week last night and said while campaigning in East Dunbartonshire he never saw any publicity for Labour or the Tories, everything was about Jo Swinson and the LibDems.

There will be another referendum when the people of Scotland want one.

Well as the SNP won most votes in Scotland on a campaign that was if you don't want indy 2(by the Unionist Partys) then I would say they do, What I am saying is as this is the case would Labour and the Torys have voted for indy 2,  NO CHANCE and that's why the parliament is set up the way it is

1 hour ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Indeed. Hold on if there's some of us who don't agree with the SNP's brand of (in)dependence (NATO and EU etc) 

As someone wiser than me said

Whilst the Yes movement is more than the SNP,  the SNP is the only vehicle that will get us there

So in the meantime - when the SNP is attacked the rest of the Yes movement should stick up for them or at the very least not join in ! 

1 minute ago, Ally Bongo said:

So in the meantime - when the SNP is attacked the rest of the Yes movement should stick up for them or at the very least not join in ! 

Stick up or ignore wanting to be a part of NATO? No thanks. 

Left to their own devices the SNP would just morph into any other establishment political party, something independence is supposed to be about rejecting. 

50 minutes ago, Auld_Reekie said:

Yep. It's pretty simple. If the people want a referendum or the people want independence, it will be really quite simple. They'll vote for the party that offers it in election. And that will be SNP. If support for independence hangs around at 40%, that's a massive base the SNP can call on when the time is right.

What they can't afford to do though is tarnish the party or independence by constantly p*ssing people off, whether that's by taking them for granted, f***ing up on the day job or getting above their station. Let brexit run it's course and get back to bread and butter of running Scottish Government for now.

They did that in 2016. How many times do we need to vote for it before we get it? The answer is, "it doesn't matter". The UK PM will decide if and when we get another one. 

It is evident to me though that election results are NOT a direct guide to independence feelings. We know that as in 2014 the vote for independence was a fraction under 45% but the general election in 2015 saw the SNP get just over 50% of the vote share. Just as this time the SNP vote share fell but I would not put that down to a rise in anti-independence sentiment. Professor John Curtees, an expert in election voting patterns agrees and says the SNP fall in vote share could be down to the general rise in support for Labour (seen across the UK) happened in Scotland as well or that it was an apathy towards the SNP's record in government or the rallying of unionists voting tactically.

Personally, and I've said this all along, I'd prefer us to wait until polls are showing the vote for yes consistently in the 50s of % and we have not reached that point yet. Besides Nicola Sturgeon has said herself she won't want to go for it until a winn was guaranteed and I don't think we are at that stage yet.

No doubt Auld Reekie will be raging

However

Remember the lying food bank nurse ?

Caught in another swanky restaurant

https://t.co/354XVVhvWC

And then this

DCf75PnXcAE2yhv.jpg

Now - normally i'd say whats the point as it just gives the Yoons like Daisley more ammo

But quite frankly im glad to see this

If you are going to be part of an audience and lie like fvck on National TV to try and damage someone then if you are found out you deserve it all - if only to try and put a stop to it 

Edited by Ally Bongo

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

No doubt Auld Reekie will be raging

However

Remember the lying food bank nurse ?

Caught in another swanky restaurant

https://t.co/354XVVhvWC

And then this

DCf75PnXcAE2yhv.jpg

Now - normally i'd say whats the point as it just gives the Yoons like Daisley more ammo

But quite frankly im glad to see this

If you are going to be part of an audience and lie like fvck on National TV to try and damage someone then if you are found out you deserve it all - if only to try and put a stop to it 

I've no problem with someone like her being outed but walking up to someone in a restaurant, filming them , and screaming 'Tory scum' achieves absolutely nothing, quite the opposite. The woman isnt even trying to hide despite the media attention, she clearly doesnt give a fook.

And she will probably get out of it by saying a friend was treating her.....again .

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

I've no problem with someone like her being outed but walking up to someone in a restaurant, filming them , and screaming 'Tory scum' achieves absolutely nothing, quite the opposite. The woman isnt even trying to hide despite the media attention, she clearly doesnt give a fook.

And she will probably get out of it by saying a friend was treating her.....again .

This.

I hate that kind of 'doorstepping' that social media has provided a platform for.  In general I've very limited sympathy for that particular person but even I felt a bit sorry for her that occasion.  

The video also adds some weight to the 'cybernat' stereotype.  The guy who filmed the clip may or may not support independence, I don't know, but the knee-jerk reaction will be to link it to the independence movement (as Alan has just demonstrated).

1 hour ago, Alan said:

Harassing someone who questioned the First Minister.  In no way is that menacing whatsoever.  Civic.  Joyous.

Amazing. You have been dancing about this site spunking yourself like the tories won the GE instead of losing it.

Gleeful like an utter whank totally oblivious to the Grenfell disaster and you own parties shame in it. Keep it up Anus. You are godsend.

Edited by thplinth

8 hours ago, Alan said:

Harassing someone who questioned the First Minister. 

Aye cos thats what it was - wasnt it ?

It was an insidious plan carried out twice, after the first attempt failed

But i'm sure in your twisted Unionist idea of democracy that tactic is completely acceptable 

And as for those "appalled" too many of you believe indy will be helped by trying to placate the media and these charlatans, when in fact it's helped by exposing them .. as someone more wiser than me said

Edited by Ally Bongo

31 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

But i'm sure in your twisted Unionist idea of democracy that tactic is completely acceptable 

And as for those "appalled" too many of you believe indy will be helped by trying to placate the media and these charlatans, when in fact it's helped by exposing them .. as someone more wiser than me said

Said by someone who posts articles from the mainstream corporate media when it suits. 

21 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Said by someone who posts articles from the mainstream corporate media when it suits. 

Yawn 

One day you will offer something constructive rather than let your dislike of me get the better of you

Edited by Ally Bongo

It must be quite puzzling times for Labour voters in Scotland. Corbyn was almost on the verge of achieving something quite remarkable and yet Kez and her pals would seem to prefer to have Teresa May as PM rather than Corbyn. It's mental. 

https://wingsoverscotland.com/

Now, I can understand them being very happy about Salmond losing his seat but not if it is going to help stop your own leader having a chance of winning. The folk in charge of Scottish Labour really are Tories in disguise.

It's almost like Scotland football supporters cheering on Slovakia to beat England when they know that that result would knock Scotland out of the competition. Nowt are queer as fowk.

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Who is 'appalled'? I think the word is 'embarrassed'. As I said, I have no problem with people like her being outed and shown up for what she is but that is not the way to do it. She looked like she was thinking 'this guy is making a complete tit of himself' and he was. 

There is no doubt that this will be linked to independence. Most folk are entrenched in their view and will believe whatever side of her story that suits their agenda. Those still sitting on the fence are unlikely to be impressed with that stunt. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

It must be quite puzzling times for Labour voters in Scotland. Corbyn was almost on the verge of achieving something quite remarkable and yet Kez and her pals would seem to prefer to have Teresa May as PM rather than Corbyn. It's mental. 

https://wingsoverscotland.com/

Now, I can understand them being very happy about Salmond losing his seat but not if it is going to help stop your own leader having a chance of winning. The folk in charge of Scottish Labour really are Tories in disguise.

It's almost like Scotland football supporters cheering on Slovakia to beat England when they know that that result would knock Scotland out of the competition. Nowt are queer as fowk.

I read that column in the Herald yesterday, there was another entry in it about Labour's campaign coordinator in Edinburgh admitting she tactically voted for the LibDems!

9 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Yawn 

One day you will offer something constructive rather than let your dislike of me get the better of you

:lol: 

Deliciously ironic.