TDYER63

Rumour of snap GE -announcement 11.15

1,086 posts in this topic

DAs4xpDXoAAd0Ge.jpg

3 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

DAs4xpDXoAAd0Ge.jpg

And notably, fieldwork done *after* the Manchester bomb. 

2 minutes ago, aaid said:

And notably, fieldwork done *after* the Manchester bomb. 

We are now in "Vote SNP get Tory" territory

Just now, Ally Bongo said:

We are now in "Vote SNP get Tory" territory

I think we're more in hung parliament territory but this time it doesn't seem - yet - that England is as scared of the SNP as they were in 2015.   Or at least people are more hacked off at the Tories than they are bothered about the SNP.

Interesting quandary for any Labour voters thinking about voting tactically for a Tory to keep the SNP out though.

That poll is very interesting...
Very quietly Labour are making a notable comeback in the polls.

I would love to see the reaction if SNP became kingmakers as result of Theresa Mays snap election ;)
Though still suspect Corbyn would roll over and let the Tories form a government if the parliament was hung.

2 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

I would love to see the reaction if SNP became kingmakers as result of Theresa Mays snap election ;)
Though still suspect Corbyn would roll over and let the Tories form a government if the parliament was hung.

Sticking those figures into Electoral Calculus still gives the Tories an overall majority of 28 though.

9 hours ago, aaid said:

I think we're more in hung parliament territory

As someone who has backed the Government to be a Tory minority, i do hope so ;) 

7 hours ago, Toepoke said:

Sticking those figures into Electoral Calculus still gives the Tories an overall majority of 28 though.

I got a Tory majority of 10.  Used SNP at 45 and Tories and Labour at 25 and 20 in Scotland respectively. 

Here is the thing : to claim moral victory and justify calling a snap election May needs a big result and large majority.
Winning by just ten seats would somewhat of an embarrassment....

Though I am not sure polling trends are accurate.
However UK needs credible opposition more than ever.

13 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

Then you don't know Corbyn. He has a backbone. The only danger is the treacherous right wing who infect the PLP, not the 600,000 ordinary members.