10th June - Chant of the day - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10th June - Chant of the day

CraigieBrown

Regardless of the result of the Tory snap election on 8th June, I will be very happy with a chant to the England fans on 10th June along the lines of YOU CAN STICK YER F'IN UNION UP YER A*SE. Or something to ask them if they can take Ruth Davidson back where she belongs?? 

There is room for developing a chant as well dedicated to Theresa May along the lines of the David Beckham chant that we had at the last England game at Hampden. Just slightly more difficult that Theresa May doesn't rhyme as well as Posh Spice???

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, CraigieBrown said:

Regardless of the result of the Tory snap election on 8th June, I will be very happy with a chant to the England fans on 10th June along the lines of YOU CAN STICK YER F'IN UNION UP YER A*SE. Or something to ask them if they can take Ruth Davidson back where she belongs?? 

There is room for developing a chant as well dedicated to Theresa May along the lines of the David Beckham chant that we had at the last England game at Hampden. Just slightly more difficult that Theresa May doesn't rhyme as well as Posh Spice???

I can think of 2 different Posh Spice songs that got an airing back in the day and neither of them had any words that rhymed with Posh Spice in them! ^?^

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Where does that leave the Scotland fans who support the current political union ? Best leave the politics alone at the fitba.

As hypocrites?

Supporting a "National" fitba team of a place that they don't want to be or that they don't believe is a "nation". 

If you don't like politics in international football then you should start a campaign to ban political symbols like flags and anthems, and we should probably just refer to the areas each team is representing by they're longitude and latitude co-ordinates. 

2 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I can think of 2 different Posh Spice songs that got an airing back in the day and neither of them had any words that rhymed with Posh Spice in them! ^?^

Correct. It's always the last word in the second sentence that rhymes, such as: 

Posh Spice is a slapper,
Her Fanny it is rotten, 
And when she's shagging Beckham,
She thinks of Alex Totten! 

3 hours ago, CraigieBrown said:

Are you bonny78? This is normally the kind of bo*locks he writes.

Edited by JECK

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Where does that leave the Scotland fans who support the current political union ? Best leave the politics alone at the fitba.

Quisling FC ?

Edited by Ally Bongo

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

On their sofas, hopefully. 

Not real Scotland fans ;)

39 minutes ago, Parklife said:

As hypocrites?

Supporting a "National" fitba team of a place that they don't want to be or that they don't believe is a "nation". 

If you don't like politics in international football then you should start a campaign to ban political symbols like flags and anthems, and we should probably just refer to the areas each team is representing by they're longitude and latitude co-ordinates. 

Unless they are sorting out a ticket for an away game of course :wink2: 

:wave: 

49 minutes ago, JECK said:

Are you bonny78? This is normally the kind of bo*locks he writes.

Its not me.  I vote for ukip anyway so mine would be a different type of 'bo*locks'.   Mine would be telling the truth in a way that persuades people -just like ukip.

58 minutes ago, bonny78 said:

Its not me.  I vote for ukip anyway so mine would be a different type of 'bo*locks'.   Mine would be telling the truth in a way that persuades people -just like ukip.

"real" - you missed out "real".

"Mine would be telling the truth in a way that persuades real people -just like ukip."

5 hours ago, CraigieBrown said:

Jesus Christ.

This is worse than the hof wits who bring Yes flags to the game.

5 hours ago, CraigieBrown said:

I prefer the "No Pope of Rome" approach.

Much less controversial.

Aside from the political side of it, that chant of "you can stick (such and such) up your arse" is complete pish and usually chanted by EDL type halfwits who can't come up with something creative.

It's the same tune but if you change the words of the old CSC bus classic "they'll be jumping oot their windaes" to something that includes England players and then I'll get on board.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

As hypocrites?

I hear you. And I kind of agree with you. I'm an SNP and Yes voter.  Just don't like that sort of stuff. Feels a bit cringey to me. I'm all for national flags etc but it's the same as the 'rangers' lot singing stick yer independence etc. So Scottish flags yes, anti-union songs no for me. :)

4 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

This keep politics away from sport altogether, keep your political views at home

20 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

I hear you. And I kind of agree with you. I'm an SNP and Yes voter.  Just don't like that sort of stuff. Feels a bit cringey to me. I'm all for national flags etc but it's the same as the 'rangers' lot singing stick yer independence etc. So Scottish flags yes, anti-union songs no for me. :)

I think it's cringey too. I was just responding to your point about folk who don't want Scotland to be a nation. 

17 minutes ago, Geed said:

This keep politics away from sport altogether, keep your political views at home

Absolute nonsense. International sport is totally political :lol: 

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

As hypocrites?

This is a weak/lazy definition of unionism, which won't help win over unionists.

Scotland is a country/nation. That's a fact, regardless of the outcomes of any forthcoming referendums and elections.

Unionists would argue that Scotland's interests is best served by joining with other countries to be part of a United Kingdom.

Unionism-Independence is an argument as to how the country of Scotland should be be governed, not whether Scotland is itself a country/nation.