10th June - Chant of the day - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10th June - Chant of the day

CraigieBrown

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

International football and politics are closely linked. The overwhelming majority of fans at Hampden support independence so why can't we show this at one of the few places where we are represented as Scotland.

Barcelona are not shy in waving the Catalan independence flag or Athleic Bilbao the Basque flag etc. Wonder if their fans are told to keep politics and football apart? Load of pish, show your support.

I will have my Yes Flag at the game as I have had at every game I've been to since the referendum.

8 hours ago, Goozay said:

This is a weak/lazy definition of unionism, which won't help win over unionists.

Scotland is a country/nation. That's a fact, regardless of the outcomes of any forthcoming referendums and elections.

Unionists would argue that Scotland's interests is best served by joining with other countries to be part of a United Kingdom.

Unionism-Independence is an argument as to how the country of Scotland should be be governed, not whether Scotland is itself a country/nation.    

As an interested outsider that is an  interesting take however

much like a 45 year virgin is still an adult , if he still lives with his parents, has no intention of leaving the family home , pays a few pound into the household, gets all his washing done  and has to let his parents know of his movements ................. its not much of a life really ..

Edited by Newryrep

8 hours ago, Goozay said:

This is a weak/lazy definition of unionism, which won't help win over unionists.

Scotland is a country/nation. That's a fact, regardless of the outcomes of any forthcoming referendums and elections.

Unionists would argue that Scotland's interests is best served by joining with other countries to be part of a United Kingdom.

Unionism-Independence is an argument as to how the country of Scotland should be be governed, not whether Scotland is itself a country/nation.    

I would say this is a weak definition of Scotland.

Sometimes unionists try to pretend Scotland is a proper country but they are kidding themselves. The UK is our country, some people chose to define themselves as Scottish but that is their choice. Our nationality is British, we are British citizens and hold a British passport. We are represented in the UN as The UK etc etc. We are only Scottish if we chose to define ourselves as Scottish which not everyone does. In all intents and purposes we are British. Scotland is not recognised as a country by anyone other than ourselves.

This nation of countries or countries of nations thing is a load of pish. A few other countries describe themselves in the same way. One is Canada which will be due to Qubec. How many people in the world view Qubec as a country outside of Qubec?

The other ones who define themselves in the same way as the UK are South Africa, Russia and India. Now I have no idea what these countries are that make up these other countries. I'd imagine most people wouldn't!

15 hours ago, CraigieBrown said:

Regardless of the result of the Tory snap election on 8th June, I will be very happy with a chant to the England fans on 10th June along the lines of YOU CAN STICK YER F'IN UNION UP YER A*SE. Or something to ask them if they can take Ruth Davidson back where she belongs?? 

There is room for developing a chant as well dedicated to Theresa May along the lines of the David Beckham chant that we had at the last England game at Hampden. Just slightly more difficult that Theresa May doesn't rhyme as well as Posh Spice???

Did I hear stick yer Union up yer arse at Wembley ? I had a lot to drink mine but sure I did.

17 hours ago, CraigieBrown said:

Regardless of the result of the Tory snap election on 8th June, I will be very happy with a chant to the England fans on 10th June along the lines of YOU CAN STICK YER F'IN UNION UP YER A*SE. Or something to ask them if they can take Ruth Davidson back where she belongs?? 

There is room for developing a chant as well dedicated to Theresa May along the lines of the David Beckham chant that we had at the last England game at Hampden. Just slightly more difficult that Theresa May doesn't rhyme as well as Posh Spice???

I doubt the other side are very keen on the union either. I'm guessing they'd join in. 

Have we had an explanation yet of why anyone would vote UKIP in this General Election ?

What would be the point ?

If you were a UKIP voter in the past surely you are going to vote Tory this time to give Teresa more Brexit power ?

7 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Have we had an explanation yet of why anyone would vote UKIP in this General Election ?

What would be the point ?

If you were a UKIP voter in the past surely you are going to vote Tory this time to give Teresa more Brexit power ?

Yes. Think thats best

6 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Yea but only Nationalists support Scotland, you not up to date with the board?

Ha ha, I think only a fool would be stupid enough to discriminate against someone being a Scotland fan based on their politics.   

10 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Politics should not be brought to the game... the last thing we want is fighting amongst our own support in front of England.

We don't want fighting amongst our own, but it being against England makes not a jot of difference.

9 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Yea but only Nationalists support Scotland, you not up to date with the board?

Do you just hum "Goooddd saaave our gracious Queeeeennn" to yourself when Flower of Scotland is being played? 

1 minute ago, Jacques Hunt said:

So how about:

oh, Paul Nuttall, you are the love of my life

..................I wish I was a repulsive, English Nazi too

Paul Nuttall actually attended the first ever Scotland vs England match at Hamilton Crescent, all the way back in 1872. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Paul Nuttall actually attended the first ever Scotland vs England match at Hamilton Crescent, all the way back in 1872. 

Please tell me more, like he got well and truly filled in.