10th June - Chant of the day - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

10th June - Chant of the day

CraigieBrown

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

I would say this is a weak definition of Scotland.

Sometimes unionists try to pretend Scotland is a proper country but they are kidding themselves. The UK is our country, some people chose to define themselves as Scottish but that is their choice. Our nationality is British, we are British citizens and hold a British passport. We are represented in the UN as The UK etc etc. We are only Scottish if we chose to define ourselves as Scottish which not everyone does. In all intents and purposes we are British. Scotland is not recognised as a country by anyone other than ourselves.

This nation of countries or countries of nations thing is a load of pish. A few other countries describe themselves in the same way. One is Canada which will be due to Qubec. How many people in the world view Qubec as a country outside of Qubec?

The other ones who define themselves in the same way as the UK are South Africa, Russia and India. Now I have no idea what these countries are that make up these other countries. I'd imagine most people wouldn't!

Does it matter what other people think?

Having worked and lived abroad there is a general understanding that Scotland is it's own culture etc.  Country..probably.  Do I care?  No.

Just because there's no equivalence potentially of what Scotland is in a political union does not mean it does not exist.

This telling people they are or are not something because what the establishment tells them is a piece of poossh.  We are whatever we feel we are.  Who gives a shiit.  You saying Scots don't exist.  Again, so what.  Few agree.

19 hours ago, iainmac1 said:

Edited by PapofGlencoe

5 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

I'll never be able to get head round people claiming to be proud scots but who are quite prepared to let someone else rule their lives.

britain is england and england is britain.

Yes I am totally with you on this one. They are obviously Brits  first Scots 2nd. 

Any real UKIP efficianado would know two things

1 - The UK in UKIP is a misnomer. It really should be EIP but they obviously want to avoid being labelled an English Nationalistic party and spin off from the BNP and NF less extreme elements - which they are.

2 - In the main they absolutely fvcking despise Scotland

13 hours ago, Parklife said:

Do you just hum "Goooddd saaave our gracious Queeeeennn" to yourself when Flower of Scotland is being played? 

No, why would I? Flower of Scotland is a sad song that makes us look sorry for ourselves, hardly a nation. "I will go" is a much better sad song if we want a depressing national anthem. Problem is it is more about our history than FoS and just doesn't fit into our suppressed mentality quite as well.

Frankly don't know why we ever got rid of Scotland the Brave.

5 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

No, why would I? Flower of Scotland is a sad song that makes us look sorry for ourselves, hardly a nation. "I will go" is a much better sad song if we want a depressing national anthem. Problem is it is more about our history than FoS and just doesn't fit into our suppressed mentality quite as well.

Frankly don't know why we ever got rid of Scotland the Brave.

Naebody kens the words to Scotland the brave that's why they stop it :D

On 21/04/2017 at 10:21 PM, wheres the pies said:

Naebody kens the words to Scotland the brave that's why they stop it :D

It is possible to sing the words of Flower of Scotland to the tune of Scotland the Brave. The first verse anyway. 

Oh Flower of Scotland

When will we see yer likes agaaain

That fought and diiied for- yer-wee-bit-hill-and-glen 

And stood against him ( WHO ?!)

Proud Edward's army ( BOO !)

Then sent him hooomewaards tae-think-again

Try it ?

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

It is possible to sing the words of Flower of Scotland to the tune of Scotland the Brave. The first verse anyway. 

Oh Flower of Scotland

Try it ?

You know it's possible coz I've seen a video of you putting it to the test. Perhaps you ought to showcase it on here!

:lol::lol:

21 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Oh Flower of Scotland

Try it ?

Ok hen fire away :P

26 minutes ago, Marky said:

You know it's possible coz I've seen a video of you putting it to the test. Perhaps you ought to showcase it on here!

:lol::lol:

? I dont think the world is ready for that video . What better place to showcase it than a Scotland England match right enough. Amy McDonald eat your heart out. 

24 minutes ago, andymac said:

Noted.

Will you be singing Acapella or should I as Scottie27 to bring his pipes?

Acapella ..I think. I am not sure a set of pipes will compliment my unique singing voice.

I assume Scottie27 is a person and not a dog? I do not want to be upstaged by a dog playing bagpipes. 

When am cleaning windows.

Now i go voting ukip

To earn an honest bob

For a racist basturd its an interesting job

Now its a job that just suits me

Their one and only m.e.p.

If you could see what i can see

When im voting ukip

Edited by bonny78

14 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Acapella ..I think. I am not sure a set of pipes will compliment my unique singing voice.

I assume Scottie27 is a person and not a dog? I do not want to be upstaged by a dog playing bagpipes. 

Scottie27 is human, well almost. He was a poster on here and I checked that you were both active in the same time frame.

You probably have a problem if my two cats start fighting (not uncommon). I guess two moggies fighting look like bagpipes and they certainly sound like Scottie playing the pipes.

Now, should I put you on after the toast to the queen and the national anthem of before?

7 minutes ago, andymac said:

Scottie27 is human, well almost. He was a poster on here and I checked that you were both active in the same time frame.

You probably have a problem if my two cats start fighting (not uncommon). I guess two moggies fighting look like bagpipes and they certainly sound like Scottie playing the pipes.

Now, should I put you on after the toast to the queen and the national anthem of before?

Am I right in assuming your dinner party might be on 12th July ?

:D

7 minutes ago, andymac said:

Sigh. Another poster I have managed to chase off the board. Exactly how many are out there ?

I could perhaps try a version of God Save the Queen to the tune of Scotland the Brave.  The sex pistols version of course. I am very versatile. And I come with my own pistol, to keep the unionists under control.  

I have to say I am not a huge fan of cats , despite being left handed. They seem to be jealous of my singing voice. They could indeed be a problem.