Put a Price on the Players - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Put a Price on the Players

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Glasgowmancity said:

He's the kind of player City are crying out for IMO :ok:

I'd like to see him stay in Scotland for another 3 or 4 years before heading down south.

He's definitely go the potential to go to the very top though. He's a proper Celtic man but for the sake of his career, he'll have to leave one day.

13 hours ago, Only One Stop said:

Think it depends on how old player is when leaves - could be wrong on that though. 

The thing Paterson has got in his favour is that he a big strong physical guy and can play as well. 

Not convincd that the other guys have got the athleticism and strength for any of the top leagues. 

we get a fee if he signs for a new club in the next season, after that he is too old. Meant to be £350K to £450K we are due 

19 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Ask and ye shall receive

I'm also going to add one more player to my list - Kilmarnock's Greg Kiltie.

Stuart Armstrong - Celtic - £3,500,000
Kieran Tierney - Celtic - £6,000,000
Barrie McKay - Rangers - £700,000
Jamie Walker - Hearts - £900,000
Chris Cadden - Motherwell - £500,000
Liam Lindsay - Partick Thistle - £700,000
John McGinn - Hibernian - £800,000
Greg Kiltie - Kilmarnock - £650,000

Can't really argue with that except the two Celtic ones. I think they'll rightly or wrongly go for much bigger figures than that.

I'd not take 650k for Kiltie and don't think the club would either but given he's been injured most the season it's a fair price.

On 21/04/2017 at 0:55 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

Can't really argue with that except the two Celtic ones. I think they'll rightly or wrongly go for much bigger figures than that.

I'd not take 650k for Kiltie and don't think the club would either but given he's been injured most the season it's a fair price.

For all the Celtic players are easily the best of the bunch I doubt they'd go for much more than the figures quoted. 

I think the record for a Scottish player from a Scottish team is £9m (Gordon and Hutton) and neither set the Heather alight. 

Personally I'd say Tierney would attract a similar value to Robertson when he went plus a premium for being an International and having played in the CL. 

Not sure of the value you'd put on Armstrong yet, as he's only had the one cap, albeit successfully. 

As for Kiltie, Walker and Lindsay being worth more than McKay? Totally unrealistic. Only one of them is an international. 

Edited by RenfrewBlue

21 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

For all the Celtic players are easily the best of the bunch I doubt they'd go for much more than the figures quoted. 

I think the record for a Scottish player from a Scottish team is £9m (Gordon and Hutton) and neither set the Heather alight. 

Personally I'd say Tierney would attract a similar value to Robertson when he went plus a premium for being an International and having played in the CL. 

Not sure of the value you'd put on Armstrong yet, as he's only had the one cap, albeit successfully. 

As for Kiltie, Walker and Lindsay being worth more than McKay? Totally unrealistic. Only one of them is an international. 

Not sure what your definition of "setting the heather alight" is but I know 2 Sunderland fans, and they both loved Gordon.

Didn't Robertson go for less than 3m? And you think Tierney would attract similar value plus a "premium"? , Well unless your premium is about 10m then i'd have to disagree.

Edit: Barry Mckay is shite btw, utter utter shite whose level is English league one.

Edited by Reevesy

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Not sure what your definition of "setting the heather alight" is but I know 2 Sunderland fans, and they both loved Gordon.

Didn't Robertson go for less than 3m? And you think Tierney would attract similar value plus a "premium"? , Well unless your premium is about 10m then i'd have to disagree.

Edit: Barry Mckay is shite btw, utter utter shite whose level is English league one.

I didn't say Gordon wasn't good but he certainly wasn't getting looked at by bigger clubs. Hence my comment. He's good but didn't justify any bigger fee and possibly his injuries destroyed his chance at anything else. 

I thought Robertson had gone for more, so maybe my description isn't accurate. I'd say 5 or 6 million is his likely fee. If he was English or in the Championship you could double that. 

You're entitled to your opinion of McKay. You're factually inaccurate but it's your opinion. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Playing a few minutes for Scotland automatically makes you worth far more? Behave. Kevin Kyle got more caps than McKay ever will. 

Tierney won't go for under  £10m IMO. Celtic simply don't need to sell him and I can't see him going as early as Robertson for a variety of reasons. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Tierney won't go for under  £10m IMO. Celtic simply don't need to sell him and I can't see him going as early as Robertson for a variety of reasons. 

That's the crux of the matter.

Every other team in Scotland would have to take a decent offer if it was on the table.

Dembele might be a slightly different matter, because Celtic are a stepping stone to the EPL for him, but I think your looking at 8 figures for him.

He's not overrated, it's only the cosy little anti rangers brigade that try and put him down because of who he plays for. It's clear as day that he's talented, downside is most of this season he's been posted missing.... but he's young and there is definitely a good player there, maybe very good.

Stuart Armstrong - Celtic £7.5 million
Kieran Tierney - Celtic  £12 million
Barrie McKay - Rangers  £500'000
Jamie Walker - Hearts  £500'000
Chris Cadden - Motherwell £300'000
Liam Lindsay - Partick Thistle £350'000
John McGinn - Hibernian £1 million

10 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

He's not overrated, it's only the cosy little anti rangers brigade that try and put him down because of who he plays for. It's clear as day that he's talented, downside is most of this season he's been posted missing.... but he's young and there is definitely a good player there, maybe very good.

Okay so why has he gone missing? 

6 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

So unless you think every single hun is brilliant then you're in the anti Rangers brigade? :lol:

McKay has done nothing to suggest he isn't anything other than pish. The media might have had a chug fest over him to try and help him get sold for big money in January but, thankfully, people could see that was laughable.

A good 20 mins v Celtic (when he still didn't actually get a cross into the box) and that's about it. His stats speak for themself.

Anti rangers brigade ???

7 hours ago, ger intae them said:

No, he's pish. Well, maybe not pish but certainly very, very over rated by a lot of Rangers fans. He's clearly got some talent  but his decision making is absolutely terrible and his final ball is more often than not awful.

If we could get anything near a six figure sum for him I'd bite your hand off and reinvest it in the squad for next year.  I doubt very much we will.

And all this pish about him being "young" does my head in. He's not far off 23 and has had one good season with us and that was in the Championship. He's went so far backwards this season it's unreal. I'll be delighted if he proves me wrong and goes on to be a cracking player for us (and Scotland) but I'd be very, very surprised.  

26 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

No, he's pish. Well, maybe not pish but certainly very, very over rated by a lot of Rangers fans. He's clearly got some talent  but his decision making is absolutely terrible and his final ball is more often than not awful.

If we could get anything near a six figure sum for him I'd bite your hand off and reinvest it in the squad for next year.  I doubt very much we will.

And all this pish about him being "young" does my head in. He's not far off 23 and has had one good season with us and that was in the Championship. He's went so far backwards this season it's unreal. I'll be delighted if he proves me wrong and goes on to be a cracking player for us (and Scotland) but I'd be very, very surprised.  

Good post that made me wonder...which players have improved whilst at rangers over the last few seasons. 

The goalkeeper has done alright but most players seem to be worse now than when they joined. 

3 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Good post that made me wonder...which players have improved whilst at rangers over the last few seasons. 

The goalkeeper has done alright but most players seem to be worse now than when they joined. 

Foderingham definitely. Wilson is more reliable now than he was and is playing better now than last season. Miller has probably been better than last season but not sure he counts. I'd also say Tavernier as well probably but that's about it. 

9 hours ago, ger intae them said:

See the wee guy that does the keepy uppies on a Saturday afternoon on Buchanan Street? He's very talented too. He'd be as effective as McKay is in 95% of his games too.

No use having talent when you very rarely show it. 40 odd appearances this season and how many goals? 4?

Nothing to do with anti Rangers agendas. I'd say your Rangers tinted specs are clouding your judgement.

I do agree that McKay has talent. At his best he's got the ability to glide past opponents and look really threatening. 

However, he seems to create very little in the way of chances. He doesn't seem to have the mental ability to match his technical skills. He doesn't pick his head up and pick a man out in space, too often he makes the wrong choice and ends up running down a cul-de-sac and too often he's just posted missing. 

Maybe he'll get the right manager who'll help him develop, however at nearly 23 years old, he needs to be doing that pretty sharpish if he is ever going to fulfill his potential. 

Folk saying that criticizing him is "anti-Rangers" is laughable.