New jerseys? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

New jerseys?

Bzzzz

Umbro's client base was pretty much decimated after Nike bought them.  They have since been sold to the Iconix brand group and have started to rebuild, with West Ham, PSV etc and seem to be adding new names every month.

They have just signed up Bournemouth, who were previously signed with JD Sports own brand, which may or may not be significant. 

By the way, the pink away shirt is now down to £20 at JD for anyone who wants to invest in a future cult classic :)

I'd love an Umbro jersey again, must admit I do like Puma's current efforts too. 

I'm not too bothered about the pink jersey, I just think it looks cheap and like a training top. Rather have a decent plain yellow or red effort, or something absolutely mental like the zig zag jersey from 1991

Guest BlueGaz
On 02/05/2017 at 10:19 PM, Leiper said:

How good would this be... 

d8fc94d5457f9668213a9552b9ecd1ab.png

I like it.  A few of the other ones look good too.

• 2 weeks later...

Keep the traditional round badge and keep it large. Simple white collar and cuffs. Real dark blue shirt (I don't mind some subtle tartan under the arms). White shorts and red turnovers on the dark blue socks. 

11 hours ago, Tartacus said:

Keep the traditional round badge and keep it large. Simple white collar and cuffs. Real dark blue shirt (I don't mind some subtle tartan under the arms). White shorts and red turnovers on the dark blue socks. 

Nae red. That's British pish.

3 minutes ago, flicktokick said:

There's a muckle great red lion on our badge.

And up to 1973 we pretty much always had blue socks with red turnovers.

Which were designed to be associated with British pish.

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

Which were designed to be associated with British pish.

Scotland has used the rampant Red Lion since 1222. Nothing to do with Britain/England or anything else.

Edited by flicktokick

The Republic of Ireland have just announced a new kit deal with New Balance that will start this summer, replacing their existing deal with Umbro.

That is effectively Umbro's last major international shirt maker now gone (only other team I can think that they do is Serbia) so they will be looking for someone to wear their kits on the international stage soon............

1 hour ago, wanderer said:

The Republic of Ireland have just announced a new kit deal with New Balance that will start this summer, replacing their existing deal with Umbro.

That is effectively Umbro's last major international shirt maker now gone (only other team I can think that they do is Serbia) so they will be looking for someone to wear their kits on the international stage soon............

They still do Canada :)

Umbro have just signed up Hearts for next season, and I can't believe they would not be interested in the Scotland contract.  The opportunities for the retro sales alone would make it lucrative surely. 

Edited by Jamesie Cotter

On 4/29/2017 at 4:56 PM, hannibal smith said:

Think Hearts deal ended in 2012 with Umbro when we switched to Adidas.

The home jerseys are usually no bad, some of the away ones have been horrific. 

I'd love to see something like the old zig zag jersey back! 

Be great if the next shirt maker produced a number of designs for home and away jerseys and gave us the chance to vote on it. Then we wouldn't end up in situations like this time with a bloody ridiculous jersey with white sleeves. Look like fkin Raith Rovers.. 

9 minutes ago, Bzzzz said:

Be great if the next shirt maker produced a number of designs for home and away jerseys and gave us the chance to vote on it. Then we wouldn't end up in situations like this time with a bloody ridiculous jersey with white sleeves. Look like fkin Raith Rovers.. 

You are asking fans who voted for a late 90's Ned anthem to be used as goal celebration music to pick a shirt?...............

2 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

it's working very well for Morton, last home and away kit have been fan votes.

2 hours ago, wanderer said:

You are asking fans who voted for a late 90's Ned anthem to be used as goal celebration music to pick a shirt?...............

Exactly. We would win the World Cup if it was judged on bawbaggery amongst our fans.

" Be great if the next shirt maker produced a number of designs for home and away jerseys and gave us the chance to vote on it. Then we wouldn't end up in situations like this time with a bloody ridiculous jersey with white sleeves. Look like fkin Raith Rovers."

If we look like this fkin raith rovers team then we will take on all comers and win the world cup  :lol:;)

rrfc 94.jpg