Scottish Youth Cup Final - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Shame is basically getting played behind closed doors as the fans can't behave.

I'd have probably took a walk along had it not been the case if it was a decent night.

THE 2017 Scottish FA Youth Cup Final between Rangers and Celtic will be streamed live on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter next week.

The final of Scotland’s premier youth tournament is set to take place at Hampden Park on Wednesday, 26 April and will be available to watch FREE on the Scottish Cup YouTube channel, the Scottish Cup Facebook page and the Scottish FA Twitter account.

Radio Clyde’s Gordon Duncan will commentate on the match alongside Scottish Sun journalist Kenny Millar.

Following discussions between the Scottish FA, Celtic, Rangers and Police Scotland, it has been jointly agreed that tickets for the match will not go on general sale.

Please note this means that tickets will not be available to buy at the stadium on match day.

Both clubs will distribute an allocation of tickets through their community and academy programmes, after the success of a similar approach when Celtic and Rangers met in the 2015 showpiece final.

I went to the old firm final at Hampden a few years ago, Celtic won it in ET I think.

Was pretty mental for a kids game, but no bother as such, plenty of pyro and sectarianism, but nobody got hurt...

Shame for the players that they miss out on the chance to play in front of 10,000+ fans, as a lot of them won't make it.

23 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I went to the old firm final at Hampden a few years ago, Celtic won it in ET I think.

Was pretty mental for a kids game, but no bother as such, plenty of pyro and sectarianism, but nobody got hurt...

Shame for the players that they miss out on the chance to play in front of 10,000+ fans, as a lot of them won't make it.

Was that the 2010 game by any chance? Both the Green Brigade and union bears had a march (corteo) to the game. I think the score was 2-1.

Celtic first team played a friendly that night and there was more people in the Celtic end at Hampden than there was at Celtic park,

4 Celtic victories over "Rangers" in the past week at all different levels. Hopefully a few of the younger boys will make the step up to the senior team.

Jack Aitchinson came on and scored against Motherwell on the final day of last season, be nice if one or two can get involved this year against Hearts

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

4 Celtic victories over "Rangers" in the past week at all different levels. Hopefully a few of the younger boys will make the step up to the senior team.

I'm "always" a fan of "youngsters" coming through the "ranks" at different "clubs".  It doesn't "happen" nowhere near "enough" these days.

57 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Er, it's a youth team?

It's the U20s sides so an average age of 17 or so is quite young.  Warburton made the decision to send pretty much the majority of our U20 side out on loan to lower league teams so a lot of the boys in our current U20 side have stepped up from lower age groups.

2 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Was that the 2010 game by any chance? Both the Green Brigade and union bears had a march (corteo) to the game. I think the score was 2-1.

Celtic first team played a friendly that night and there was more people in the Celtic end at Hampden than there was at Celtic park,

That sounds like the one.

Had a quick glance through the teams, not that many seem to have made it at their respective teams.

One of the Twardzik brothers looked outstanding, I'd thought it was Filip, but it was the central midfielder which appears to have been Patrik. Bit of a luxury player, but looked a real talent, doesn't seem to be playing at all now, neither is their brother, the midget goalie.

Kane Hemmings was good too, but had put it down to his physique compared to his peers rather than ability.

Edited by sbcmfc

58 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

It is an under 20's team where you are allowed to play a few overage players so an average age of 17 is quite young compared to what it could be.

You can't play overage players in the cup, but your point still stands.

Probably a bit of a pish take as Warbuton was forever insisting Rangers were a young team when he was here, when they clearly weren't.

20 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Had a quick glance through the teams, not that many seem to have made it at their respective teams.

It seems Forrest played that night, and McGregor was an unused sub.

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 8:06 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

Shame is basically getting played behind closed doors as the fans can't behave.

I'd have probably took a walk along had it not been the case if it was a decent night.

THE 2017 Scottish FA Youth Cup Final between Rangers and Celtic will be streamed live on YouTube, Facebook and Twitter next week.

The final of Scotland’s premier youth tournament is set to take place at Hampden Park on Wednesday, 26 April and will be available to watch FREE on the Scottish Cup YouTube channel, the Scottish Cup Facebook page and the Scottish FA Twitter account.

Radio Clyde’s Gordon Duncan will commentate on the match alongside Scottish Sun journalist Kenny Millar.

Following discussions between the Scottish FA, Celtic, Rangers and Police Scotland, it has been jointly agreed that tickets for the match will not go on general sale.

Please note this means that tickets will not be available to buy at the stadium on match day.

Both clubs will distribute an allocation of tickets through their community and academy programmes, after the success of a similar approach when Celtic and Rangers met in the 2015 showpiece final.

"Rangers, "Celtic", "Facebook", "Twitter", "Radio Clyde",  "Scottish  Sun journalist".

Think Ill give this a miss.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

You can't play overage players in the cup, but your point still stands.

Probably a bit of a pish take as Warbuton was forever insisting Rangers were a young team when he was here, when they clearly weren't.

Ah yeah forgot that the rules were different in the cup.

Tbf for the season in the championship I think the avreage of our starting 11 was 22 or 23, which included Kenny Miller. That went out the window this season with Hill, Barton, Kranjcar, Senderos etc.

7 minutes ago, theweestevie said:

Ah yeah forgot that the rules were different in the cup.

Tbf for the season in the championship I think the avreage of our starting 11 was 22 or 23, which included Kenny Miller. That went out the window this season with Hill, Barton, Kranjcar, Senderos etc.

Barton, Krancjar and Senderos have barely started 20 games between them!!