Newcastle and West Ham Raided - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Newcastle and West Ham Raided

9 hours ago, hoofitharder said:

Leeds United and Luton Town got a 15 point deduction for financial irregularities. I think boston united were demoted 

Didn't Leeds get a double-points deduction at one time? They went into admin on the day they got relegated so the 10-pointer didn't matter, but then got an extra hit (maybe for other irregularities, I forget exactly) so they started on -15 in League 1. I think they still ended up in the play-offs that year.

13 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Didn't Leeds get a double-points deduction at one time? They went into admin on the day they got relegated so the 10-pointer didn't matter, but then got an extra hit (maybe for other irregularities, I forget exactly) so they started on -15 in League 1. I think they still ended up in the play-offs that year.

Yes I think you're right I am sure they went into administration during a game when they realised they were going down but got hit with the 15. The rules have changed now it carries over to the following season if you get relegated .if whu and nufc are guilty they should throw the book at them. I can understand clubs going into administration because of mismanagement or chasing the dream but to fiddle the books to save paying a bit of tax they should put them in the conference at least then Leyton Orient and Gateshead will get a big derby match

Ian