Season ticket renewal - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Season ticket renewal

Not renewing for the first time in 24 years. Pretty much lost my appetite for going to Ibrox completely and reckon I've been to less than half a dozen games this season so not exactly great value for money from my ticket! We're going to pick maybe 3 or 4 games next season and go and do the hospitality at Ibrox and that way we'll actually look forward to going as opposed to it being an inconvenience as it is now. It'll be weird giving up my seat after all these years but in all honesty I should have done it about 5 years ago. 

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Do you think you'll get a refund when you go udders up,

I get a refund if udders go up :spin:

I paid £199 but our chairman made a promise about 10 years ago that if we ever made the Premier League, anyone who had a ST continuously would only pay £100, so win the play-offs & I'm quids in.

1 hour ago, BlueGaz said:

£430 for me for GF and £430 for the bairn.

£430 for GF I'm sure it was dearer than that last year? 

Might request a transfer because that's the same price as me in BS which isn't as good a view as GF. 

Guest BlueGaz
2 hours ago, GRBear said:

£430 for GF I'm sure it was dearer than that last year? 

Might request a transfer because that's the same price as me in BS which isn't as good a view as GF. 

Not sure mate.  I was MRR always and moved to GF1 midway through this season.  So this is the first time I have paid the full amount for the year.  maybe it was a bit more than that.

Also £430 for the GF - had a season ticket since the early '80s and force of habit won't allow me to give it up - while the last few years have been, er, difficult, I still enjoy the social side of a few pre and post-match pints.

2 minutes ago, kps022000 said:

£305 for Craven Cottage.  Not bad considering we could be in the Premiership next season and even if we do not go up its still 23 home games next season.

Stefan johansen clearly playing well down there. Fulham on a roll, faves for play offs?

Its between him and Cairney for POTY.  He started on fire, had a rubbish couple of months and has been back on fire again.

We really should be guaranteeing our place in the play offs on Saturday but it is a derby match and Jota is playing out of his skin for Brentford, added to the fact that Fulham never do things the easy way leads me to believe that it will go to the last game of the season (unless Leeds continue to implode).

If we do get to the play offs we will be the one team that no one wants to face.  On a good run, top scores in the league and on rarely drop below 60% possession, even away from home.  That being said it is a complete lottery, Wednesday are grinding out results and are arguably on a better run than us.  Huddersfield looked to be taking an automatic place up until a couple of months ago and Reading are just a horrible side to play.  Who knows? However after 8 years of having a season ticket at the Cottage and seeing them in a Europa League final it would be great to go to Wembley.  No for me as a relative new fan but since the 1974/75 season every club bar Fulham, Accrington Stanley, Barnet, Crawley and Hartlepool have played a competitive match at Wembley so it would be great for the real long term fans.

1 hour ago, kps022000 said:

Its between him and Cairney for POTY.  He started on fire, had a rubbish couple of months and has been back on fire again.

We really should be guaranteeing our place in the play offs on Saturday but it is a derby match and Jota is playing out of his skin for Brentford, added to the fact that Fulham never do things the easy way leads me to believe that it will go to the last game of the season (unless Leeds continue to implode).

If we do get to the play offs we will be the one team that no one wants to face.  On a good run, top scores in the league and on rarely drop below 60% possession, even away from home.  That being said it is a complete lottery, Wednesday are grinding out results and are arguably on a better run than us.  Huddersfield looked to be taking an automatic place up until a couple of months ago and Reading are just a horrible side to play.  Who knows? However after 8 years of having a season ticket at the Cottage and seeing them in a Europa League final it would be great to go to Wembley.  No for me as a relative new fan but since the 1974/75 season every club bar Fulham, Accrington Stanley, Barnet, Crawley and Hartlepool have played a competitive match at Wembley so it would be great for the real long term fans.

Great pub question regarding what they all have in common :ok:

On 27/04/2017 at 8:11 AM, Reevesy said:

498 for my adult in the standing section and 110 for my concession (which now includes Sevco games as opposed to paying 50 last year and 30 for each match individually)

Same here, mInus the concession. The safe standing has been such a success this year that I'd imagine there will be discussions very soon as to whether to expand it.

24 minutes ago, Mox said:

Same here, mInus the concession. The safe standing has been such a success this year that I'd imagine there will be discussions very soon as to whether to expand it.

I think it's still technically a trial for the next two seasons after this one, so can't imagine that it will be extended before that.

There will definitely be demand for it when the time comes though.

My Brighton & Hove Albion season ticket set me back £530 and my boys were £80 each. I did renew months before they were promoted. Considering that also includes subsidised Train, Bus and Park and ride travel I think it's very reasonable. About £28 per game for me and £4.20 each per game for the kids. Can also upgrade their tickets to adults ones 6 times a season for Mid-Week Games.