Broony - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

13 minutes ago, wellyman said:

I think SB realised the referee had fecked up previous decisions in those last 3 or 4 mins and there was no point in arguing his case, 

I also think the Sfa should take each issue on its own merits not what has happened in other games.

you give Scott Brown too much credit, he's not that smart

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, wellyman said:

You have to look at the 3 or 4 minutes that led  to the red card -

1 - Penalty - every man and his dog agreed it was no penalty 

2 - after the re-start , Schalk takes out SB in the centre circle - no free kick

3 - A minute later Boyce takes out SB in the centre circle - free kick

4 - Next Bang ! - foul on Boyce by SB  - red card !!!

If the SFA committee have taken into account the incidents leading up to the red card, then I can see how they have come to the decision they have.   

They don't take any of that into account. Every incident is looked at in isolation.

20 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I hope so. We need Brown at Pittodrie more than Ibrox.

Must admit I was kind of looking forward to seeing how Eboue Kouassi would have coped in this fixture. It's very early days for him but I've been kinda underwhelmed by the little I've seen of him so far.

3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Must admit I was kind of looking forward to seeing how Eboue Kouassi would have coped in this fixture. It's very early days for him but I've been kinda underwhelmed by the little I've seen of him so far.

Thought he did ok against St.Mirren, albeit they're in the division below. 

3 brief appearances isn't enough to judge anyone though, except Oliver Burke of course, he's finished.

27 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Thought he did ok against St.Mirren, albeit they're in the division below. 

3 brief appearances isn't enough to judge anyone though, except Oliver Burke of course, he's finished.

Agree with that. I'd like to see young Aitchison and Calvin Miller get some game time after Saturday as well.

25 minutes ago, slasher said:

Agree with that. I'd like to see young Aitchison and Calvin Miller get some game time after Saturday as well.

Any chance of playing your under 16's girls team as well?  Just to make it a contest!!

17 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Any chance of playing your under 16's girls team as well?  Just to make it a contest!!

Haha, I'm pretty sure tomorrow's game will be more keenly contested than the last yin FB.

Just now, slasher said:

Haha, I'm pretty sure tomorrow's game will be more keenly contested than the last yin FB.

It has to be, surely?

I always had this one down as the game that we'd lose the unbeaten record, but after last week I'm not so sure now. I always think games like this mean more to the team who didn't win the league, I remember us beating the old Rangers 3-0 in the Hampden season after they had ran away with the title, they were the far better team but we were more up for it on the day.

Hope this one is more like the 3-0 with Larsson and Lubo in 2001 but I'd probably take a draw just now. Wasn't that fussed about the record but the closer it gets that's changing.

1 hour ago, slasher said:

58 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

It has to be, surely?

I always had this one down as the game that we'd lose the unbeaten record, but after last week I'm not so sure now. I always think games like this mean more to the team who didn't win the league, I remember us beating the old Rangers 3-0 in the Hampden season after they had ran away with the title, they were the far better team but we were more up for it on the day.

Hope this one is more like the 3-0 with Larsson and Lubo in 2001 but I'd probably take a draw just now. Wasn't that fussed about the record but the closer it gets that's changing.

0-2.

Guest BlueGaz
4 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

:lol:

If we score 3 I'll present Match of the Day in my pants!!

And I will swap my ST for one at Timville.

16 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Hopefully all your fans are that confident and you might sell out your full allocation this time :ph34r:

Hope so. I can only account for myself though. I'm happy for Celtic to win the fans contest tbh. 

22 hours ago, macy37 said:

It wasn't and the hierarchy fortunately agree.

He was red carded due to the referee getting caught up in the fracas that followed instead of being professional and producing a yellow for Brown and some reds for the lifting of hands that happened.

Not surprising he didn't follow the correct procedures though given his previous.

Watch it again. The red was produced before the handbags. You really need to try and be objective. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Watch it again. The red was produced before the handbags. You really need to try and be objective. 

I reckon Macy thinks if he says it enough times, people will believe him.

If anything the ref couldn't get the card out quick enough.