Broony - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest faircity

Agreed, that is a scandalous decision to overturn that red card. A straight red every single day of the week. 

Scottish football is just bent. That is just plain wrong. 

7 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Some bitter bastards on here.

Was never a red card and the only surprise is that they actually did overturn the card. Well done for actually getting something correct for a change.

Sorry Macy, it was a stick on red, just like Halliday at the weekend. 

Just now, RenfrewBlue said:

Sorry Macy, it was a stick on red, just like Halliday at the weekend. 

It wasn't and the hierarchy fortunately agree.

He was red carded due to the referee getting caught up in the fracas that followed instead of being professional and producing a yellow for Brown and some reds for the lifting of hands that happened.

Not surprising he didn't follow the correct procedures though given his previous.

It's exactly the kind of decision that drives people away from football.

I doubt anyone else in our league would have had that rescinded.

It also endorses my personal view for not attending many club or country games these days.

1 minute ago, Redz said:

It's exactly the kind of decision that drives people away from football.

I doubt anyone else in our league would have had that rescinded.

It also endorses my personal view for not attending many club or country games these days.

It's crap like this that drives people away. How anyone can think that was a straight red is incredible. Take the anti glasses off and you'll see it was indeed a yellow. 

4 minutes ago, macy37 said:

It's crap like this that drives people away. How anyone can think that was a straight red is incredible. Take the anti glasses off and you'll see it was indeed a yellow. 

My post (opinion) is driving people away from football?

24 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Was never a red card and the only surprise is that they actually did overturn the card. Well done for actually getting something correct for a change.

And some very blinkered ones too I think.

If the ref had given a yellow at the time, I don't think there would be too many complaints, however overturning the red seems particularly lenient compared to previous upheld red card decisions.

Celtic/Brown only appealed to play the system, they didn't actually expect to win! So if anything he should've got an increased ban for a frivolous appeal.

Just now, macy37 said:

The bitterness between fans. There's debate then there's out and out bitterness. 

I think you'll find bitterness is way down the queue. 

It'll be somewhere between fed up and could not give a feck I should think.

People are simply done with being treated with contempt.

It's really not that difficult to understand for the majority of Scottish football fans.

21 minutes ago, macy37 said:

He was red carded due to the referee getting caught up in the fracas that followed instead of being professional and producing a yellow for Brown and some reds for the lifting of hands that happened.

Not surprising he didn't follow the correct procedures though given his previous.

That's balls.

The ref had his hand on the red card before the fracas even started.

It was retribution for Boyce putting a heavy challenge on him seconds earlier.

The handbags after invariably ends in a yellow for the worst offender from each team, barring a punch being thrown, there's rarely a red card (never mind several) in those situations.

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, macy37 said:

Spice or crack cocaine?

You have to look at the 3 or 4 minutes that led  to the red card -

1 - Penalty - every man and his dog agreed it was no penalty 

2 - after the re-start , Schalk takes out SB in the centre circle - no free kick

3 - A minute later Boyce takes out SB in the centre circle - free kick

4 - Next Bang ! - foul on Boyce by SB  - red card !!!

If the SFA committee have taken into account the incidents leading up to the red card, then I can see how they have come to the decision they have.   

2 minutes ago, wellyman said:

2 - after the re-start , Schalk takes out SB in the centre circle - no free kick

If the SFA committee have taken into account the incidents leading up to the red card, then I can see how they have come to the decision they have.   

Throw in two worse tackles on Sunday that resulted in yellow cards and it was an easy decision to make. 

1 minute ago, PASTA Mick said:

Throw in two worse tackles on Sunday that resulted in yellow cards and it was an easy decision to make. 

Maybe but just looking at the 3 points on my mail and if taken into account by the Sfa then it warrants a yellow at the most in its own right.

11 minutes ago, wellyman said:

You make a decent point but Browns reaction was telling, he didn't protest it because he knew it was a sending off, a few bad tackles before hand doesn't mean he should get away with it. 

This a poor decision by the SFA, they have given the impression that these types of tackles are fine. 

10 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

The tackles on Sunday have nothing to do with it.

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

You make a decent point but Browns reaction was telling, he didn't protest it because he knew it was a sending off, a few bad tackles before hand doesn't mean he should get away with it. 

This a poor decision by the SFA, they have given the impression that these types of tackles are fine. 

The tackles on Sunday have nothing to do with it.

I think SB realised the referee had fecked up previous decisions in those last 3 or 4 mins and there was no point in arguing his case, 

I also think the Sfa should take each issue on its own merits not what has happened in other games.