Joshua v Klitchsko - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Joshua looked shagged to me in round 6. Massive guys the Klit Bros but so so cautious as boxers. Should have just went for it. I also agree that Lennox was super cautious. 

I also have to subscribe to the Tyson button. Who was the old guy legend trainer who died at the wrong time? That was where it derailed. I saw an interview with Rooney(was it?) a younger trainer but equally important where he said he (Tyson) should have retired unbeaten and beating Rocky's record. He was 22 but he was fighting with the distilled skills of the old geezer. Peek a boo whatever it was ...genius for Tyson a small heavyweight and trained to perfection. He was awesome. I am not an aficionado but he left a massive mark. Took a long long while for it to wear off, even long after he was rubbish. It is all time and place but.  

20 minutes ago, thplinth said:
I also have to subscribe to the Tyson button. Who was the old guy legend trainer who died at the wrong time? That was where it derailed. I saw an interview with Rooney(was it?) a younger trainer but equally important where he said he (Tyson) should have retired unbeaten and beating Rocky's record. He was 22 but he was fighting with the distilled skills of the old geezer. Peek a boo whatever it was ...genius for Tyson a small heavyweight and trained to perfection. He was awesome. I am not an aficionado but he left a massive mark. Took a long long while for it to wear off, even long after he was rubbish. It is all time and place but.  

D'Amato?

16 hours ago, phart said:

Even though he got shredded by a badly prepared Lewis?

Vitali is a good shout, what a chin he had on him, Folk talking about the uppercut last night, but Lewis caught Vitali with one that was just as strong. 16iclcw.jpg

it was one hell of a cut that stopped that fight - with Vitali being well ahead on points - so I'd stick with him over Lewis. There's a reason why Lewis backed out of a rematch. For a heavyweight to have never been put on the canvas is quite incredible and he didn't have a bad KO record either...

Don't think there are many who would have taken that punch in the sixth and fought on. Similarly the uppercut in the eleventh would have stopped the vast majority of fights. Two superb fighters. Hope someone somewhere through to compete with him. Boxing could do with a good series of champs at heavyweight actually fighting each other regularly. 

3 hours ago, biffer said:

Don't think there are many who would have taken that punch in the sixth and fought on. Similarly the uppercut in the eleventh would have stopped the vast majority of fights. Two superb fighters. Hope someone somewhere through to compete with him. Boxing could do with a good series of champs at heavyweight actually fighting each other regularly. 

deontay wilder is undefeated 38-0 37 KO and the WBC champion, after the rematch he might be the guy to go to.

3 minutes ago, phart said:

deontay wilder is undefeated 38-0 37 KO and the WBC champion, after the rematch he might be the guy to go to.

Got to hope they fight three or four times rather than piss around for eight years and then fight each other once when they're both on the down slope.