Joshua v Klitchsko - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

My Dad is 86 this year and says Joshua is the best he has seen ....

Would take a lot to match Tyson in his prime however that's his opinion

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Agreed about Tyson but seriously your auld man saying that about Joshua has he forgot 

Muhammad Ali the greatest boxer of all time then there's sonny liston jack Johnson ken norton joe Frazier joe Lewis George Forman in his prim Lennox Lewis Larry Holmes 

It's impossible to compare IMO

I think, like football, boxing has advanced so much that the likelihood that athletes from the past would be able to hold their own against the top modern day counterparts is debatable

Compare Joshua's punching power to that of Henry Cooper - who floored Ali - for example

Edited by Ally Bongo

Guest BlueGaz
21 minutes ago, phart said:

Great comeback i thought Joshua was done at the end of the 6th.

Couldn't even lift his arms. That was the chance to take him. Great fight. 

8 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

It's impossible to compare IMO

I think, like football, boxing has advanced so much that the likelihood that athletes from the past would be able to hold their own against the top modern day counterparts is debatable

Compare Joshua's punching power to that of Henry Cooper - who floored Ali - for example

Compare it to Ernie Shavers who never floored ali, or George Foreman too. Mike Tyson was terrified of the old Foreman let alone the one Ali fought. Tyson wanted no party of any version of Foreman.

2 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

I'm 30 and your old man is wrong. Utterly wrong. 

Enjoyed the fight and Joshua can go on to become a great heavyweight, although Wladimir of five years ago would have stopped him.

IMO Vitali is the best heavyweight of the last 40 years.

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Mike Tyson 86-88 was untouchable. His combination of speed and power would have taken anyone.

So the best boxer ever is 20-22 year old who's best win was an old Holmes or a terrified Spinks.

or went 12 rounds with Mitch Green and Tillis.

1 hour ago, min said:

IMO Vitali is the best heavyweight of the last 40 years.

Even though he got shredded by a badly prepared Lewis?

Vitali is a good shout, what a chin he had on him, Folk talking about the uppercut last night, but Lewis caught Vitali with one that was just as strong. 16iclcw.jpg

Vitali Klitschko actually donated a set of signed boxing gloves to the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal earlier this year (I was able to arrange it through a friend in Kyiv), caught us so unaware and unexpected that we have no idea what to do with them.

anyone with any links to Scottish Boxing Clubs or something please feel free to PM with a offer to help out.

25 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Vitali Klitschko actually donated a set of signed boxing gloves to the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal earlier this year (I was able to arrange it through a friend in Kyiv), caught us so unaware and unexpected that we have no idea what to do with them.

anyone with any links to Scottish Boxing Clubs or something please feel free to PM with a offer to help out.

:ok: