Chicago - General Travel - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Chicago

mattywin

I'm very likely going to be in Chicago on the day of the England game.

Anybody know where would be good to watch it?

And also any other recommendations of things to do/see would be terrific.

Thanks

The couple of kents above can chase theirselves. :lol:

The Globe on Irving Park Rd is the number 1 place to watch it bar none. A real football pub. You name the team and there will be a scarf on the ceilings or walls. 

16 hours ago, Ormond said:

The couple of kents above can chase theirselves. :lol:

The Globe on Irving Park Rd is the number 1 place to watch it bar none. A real football pub. You name the team and there will be a scarf on the ceilings or walls. 

Aberdeen Football Club.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to a good bar for watching soccer in Chicago about a month ago. If I can remember what it was called, I'll pm you!

Anyway, the absolute best thing we did was the architecture tour on the River. Superb. You could do that then walk down the magnificent mile to this bar whose name I can't remember. But certainly do the tour!

edit - http://www.jakemelnicks.com/

Edited by Duncan Blackheart

14 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

I went to a good bar for watching soccer in Chicago about a month ago. If I can remember what it was called, I'll pm you!

Anyway, the absolute best thing we did was the architecture tour on the River. Superb. You could do that then walk down the magnificent mile to this bar whose name I can't remember. But certainly do the tour!

edit - http://www.jakemelnicks.com/

You'll no' beat the Globe for fitba' here.

16 hours ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

I expected that to be a bit dull, especially as I had a stinking hangover, but it was actually really interesting.  Helped that it was a beautiful day.

1 minute ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Fair dos. I enjoyed the billy goat tavern for its general subterranean vibe, and then went to wrigley field for a game. Although I enjoyed it, I kinda think I'd be more of a white sox person if I lived there.

Wash your fingers from typing that! :o

58 minutes ago, Duncan Blackheart said:

Haha. I did have a great time tho. Was just annoyed at the price of food/ drink in there. Bars round about were a good laugh.

Chicag.... shit, I'm afraid to say that on here(did I mention I was married) is expensive as is any city. I live in a small suburb town which is actually older than Chicago and beers are a third of the price. Chicago, Downtown LA and Manhattan Island in NY are probably the dearest places for a swally.