SPFA Player of the Year - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

SPFA Player of the Year

Hayes hasn't even been Aberdeen's best player and Liam Boyce has scored more goals for County than Dembele has for the runaway champions. 

22 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Hayes hasn't even been Aberdeen's best player and Liam Boyce has scored more goals for County than Dembele has for the runaway champions. 

Considine doesn't fit the profile.....

42 minutes ago, Toepoke said:

It's player of the "year" not the "2 months"...

Mallan has been awesome for the whole of 2017. Not two months. 

Steven feckin Dobbie? 

20 minutes ago, The Giant said:

8th in the Championship...

Your point is? Surely you're not trying to suggest that a team in 8th place couldn't have one of the best players in the league? No of course you're not coz that would be really silly. 

47 minutes ago, Marky said:

Mallan has been awesome for the whole of 2017. Not two months. 

You completely lose any point or argument by using that word unless you are either : American or still at school.

_88050065_ycardreutpersie.jpg

1 hour ago, fringo said:

You completely lose any point or argument by using that word unless you are either : American or still at school.

_88050065_ycardreutpersie.jpg

Or crucially unless he has been literally awesome! You forgot that one! :ok:

12 hours ago, Parklife said:

That was going to be my question. Who has been Aberdeens best player as the impression I got from the Dons fans on here was that it hadn't been Hayes this season?

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

That was going to be my question. Who has been Aberdeens best player as the impression I got from the Dons fans on here was that it hadn't been Hayes this season?

Hayes has been excellent, you only have to look at his goals and assists to see how good he's been. I am not meaning to suggest he's not had a very good season. 

However, IMO, Aberdeen's two most important players this season have been Joe Lewis and Greame Shinnie. I've voted for Lewis as AFC POTY.

Hayes was the best Aberdeen player for the first six months of the season, but his form has dropped slightly recently. McLean has been in great form since the turn of the year after being largely anonymous in the two years prior to that. Shinnie has been consistently excellent the whole season and got my vote for POTY. Honourable mentions to Considine, Lewis and Logan.  

Never understood why so many fans / managers / pundits get so hung up about this sort of thing...

Player of the Year awards and the like are nice if you win / get nominated but is it REALLY that big a deal if you don't ?

Ask any Player if they rather win the (Whatever Trophy) or Player of the Year and there's surely no contest...

Annual big deal about hee haw imo

14 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Foderingham gets my vote for player of the year for Rangers.

I'd have thought Kenny Miller would've been pretty unanimous amongst Rangers fans.

Motherwell probably has to be Moult with Cadden as YPotY.

Mentions for Mcdonald and Tait.