Favourite Away Kit - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Favourite Away Kit

ErsatzThistle

I was going to say the red top from around 1980/81.Nice to see a picture of it.It was my first away kit as a kid.It came in a wee box and from what I remember it had white socks with red diamonds.Not sure if the shirt was exactly the same as the picture and it had a disappointing paper badge.

I had the green and purple one.  I think it came out just before the 1990 World Cup.  It was a 'leisure' shirt rather than a 3rd kit.

Surely a red away shirt is long overdue.

BTW does the discounting of the current pink effort (now £20) indicate that it won't be worn against England?

23 hours ago, Jamesie Cotter said:

I had the green and purple one.  I think it came out just before the 1990 World Cup.  It was a 'leisure' shirt rather than a 3rd kit.

Surely a red away shirt is long overdue.

BTW does the discounting of the current pink effort (now £20) indicate that it won't be worn against England?

Yes, those were just leisure shirts, rather than made for matches.

I do not think the pink shirt was ever in contention for the England match, and just daft paper talk..... it will probably get a last outing v Slovenia (as they wear light blue kits) in October, then replaced the following month.

Notice U21 and U19's have new training gear just now (also looks like the main team had some new stuff for the Slovenia match last month).