How bright it the future? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How bright it the future?

jamboman

I do agree with Bzzzz, Jack Hamilton is nowhere near good enough at the moment.   I don't see a bright future at all.  Aside from maybe Tierney, the rest are at best average in international terms.  Our best player is about to retire and we have nobody on that level coming through.

Others may disagree but I believe Keiren Tierney is both our best young talent and quite simply also our best player right now. A great talent and one that's proving it with regular first team club football, not youth team or reserve team kickabouts.

Stuart Armstong ain't bad either and has to be in the starting XI to face England along with Tierney.

His Scotland career under way at long last, Tom Cairney will be a good first team player for Scotland if Strachan just gives him a few games from the start to prove it. I'd love to see him play alongside Armstrong.

And we need to give Liam Lindsay his debut in the next friendly.

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Others may disagree but I believe Keiren Tierney is both our best young talent and quite simply also our best player right now. A great talent and one that's proving it with regular first team club football, not youth team or reserve team kickabouts.

Stuart Armstong ain't bad either and has to be in the starting XI to face England along with Tierney.

His Scotland career under way at long last, Tom Cairney will be a good first team player for Scotland if Strachan just gives him a few games from the start to prove it. I'd love to see him play alongside Armstrong.

And we need to give Liam Lindsay his debut in the next friendly.

Love Tierney's attitude - the basic black boots sum him up. Excellent tackler, pace, sublime crosses, good positioning and voracious workrate. Could turn out to be a complete defender.

2 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

Let's see where he is playing next season first. If he goes to League 1 then forget it. 

I think he'll still be at Thistle.

Sadly, I still get the feeling that some people are snobbish about the idea of a Partick Thislte player being in the Scotland team.

1 minute ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Sadly, I still get the feeling that some people are snobbish about the idea of a Partick Thislte player being in the Scotland team.

Snobbish ?

Just now, fringo said:

Snobbish ?

Aye.

It's strange but some tits associate the idea of a talented player from clubs like Partick Thistle or St Mirren or Falkirk etc being touted for Scotland as a sign that "things have hit rock bottom". I've genuinely come across a few idiots like that.

5 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Aye.

It's strange but some tits associate the idea of a talented player from clubs like Partick Thistle or St Mirren or Falkirk etc being touted for Scotland as a sign that "things have hit rock bottom". I've genuinely come across a few idiots like that.

Sorry, see what you mean.

It shouldn't matter who anyone plays for but I guess there's a lot of that in our lifetimes of people suddenly getting capped when they join certain teams.

14 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I don't mind a PT player. But if he moves to Oldham or Charlton, as has been reported, then he can't be considered. 

29 minutes ago, fringo said:

Sorry, see what you mean.

It shouldn't matter who anyone plays for but I guess there's a lot of that in our lifetimes of people suddenly getting capped when they join certain teams.

Another belter of an excuse I once heard years ago against calling up a certain player was because "he's only rated at 55 on FIFA" :lol: