Scottish teams in Europe - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Just had a quick look and we could get Spanish champions, Man City and RB Lepzig (if we qualify and are a 3rd seed). Even tougher than this year :lol:

Tougher than Lincoln Red Imps?

The amateur team that Celtic lost to in their "undefeated" season?

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

Just had a quick look and we could get Spanish champions, Man City and RB Lepzig (if we qualify and are a 3rd seed). Even tougher than this year :lol:

Think the draw will be the key. If it's kind you've got a chance otherwise you're just trying to avoid getting murdered. 

To be fair Man City were Celtics best games this season. 

27 minutes ago, deecie said:

Pretty embarrasing for the 11 teams in the Premiership that an amateur side inflicted more defeats on Celtic this season than all the teams in Scotland combined. 

8 hours ago, deecie said:

Undefeated domestic season. It's not hard to get right if you wanted to :ok:

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

Careful, you still have two league games and a cup final to go.........

Indeed. I'm not saying it has been done yet, just clarifying for Deccie what it could be.

2 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Indeed. I'm not saying it has been done yet, just clarifying for Deccie what it could be.

Its celtics to lose as far as I am concerned. 

Aberdeen need to play the best game they've played since Mcinnes arrived to stand any chance of winning

6 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Has he played much for Celtic this season?  I forgot he was there till I seen your post.

Played a few times at the start of the season but I'd be surprised if he's even into double figures

According to soccerbase, 15 appearances.

only 5 league starts 2 off bench, 1 in each cup, 5 champions league starts and 1 off bench.

i thought he'd played more. His only 2 games since Christmas have been 6-0 and 5-0, so perhaps he should have...

:lol:

11 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Pretty embarrasing for the 11 teams in the Premiership that an amateur side inflicted more defeats on Celtic this season than all the teams in Scotland combined. 

Totally agree. Our performances against Celtic this season have been appalling. 

12 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

20 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Played a few times at the start of the season but I'd be surprised if he's even into double figures

13 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

According to soccerbase, 15 appearances.

only 5 league starts 2 off bench, 1 in each cup, 5 champions league starts and 1 off bench.

i thought he'd played more. His only 2 games since Christmas have been 6-0 and 5-0, so perhaps he should have...

:lol:

Was genuinely amazed at the chugfest in the media when Celtic signed him. At his best he was an average centre half and his best was quite some time ago. 

1 minute ago, Parklife said:

Was genuinely amazed at the chugfest in the media when Celtic signed him. At his best he was an average centre half and his best was quite some time ago. 

Who was having a chugfest?

5 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

You did. But who in the media? That's a wide group of people

From a quick Google search... John Hartson hailed it as an "excellent signing", while Chris Sutton also commented positively and stated that he'd be "very important" for Celtic in the CL. 

I've merely googled "John Hartson Kolo Toure" and "Chris Sutton Kolo Toure". I'm sure the sycophantic journos from the Record and Sun were even more effusive in their praise. I have little inclination to go look more than i have. 

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

From a quick Google search... John Hartson hailed it as an "excellent signing", while Chris Sutton also commented positively and stated that he'd be "very important" for Celtic in the CL. 

I've merely googled "John Hartson Kolo Toure" and "Chris Sutton Kolo Toure". I'm sure the sycophantic journos from the Record and Sun were even more effusive in their praise. I have little inclination to go look more than i have. 

Well considering he was part of the side who got through to the groups for the first time in 3 years, he was correct.

Good to know that commenting positively now equals chugfest though :spin:

4 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Good to know that commenting positively now equals chugfest though :spin:

I've little inclination to trawl through the websites on Scottish newspapers and prove to you. 

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I don't think it's a stretch to think a player with his CV and experience could be a success in Scotland to be fair to those whose did have a chug fest.

I'm sure most people knew that he wasn't signed to be any more than a bit part player.

He's helped towards getting us into the CL and Rodgers says he's been invaluable for the other defenders and younger players to have around so a good bit of business overall.

19 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

Not even slightly. Celtic spend more than those 11 teams combined. They should be embarrassed that they've drawn a few games.