Scottish teams in Europe - Page 16 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

7 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

How many Celtic players featured in the game?

And how many of those players incited a crowd that would use any excuse for trouble?

One?

Correct... One.

For balance, similar antics from players happen week in week out across the globe.

Most of the time fans don't cross the line, these kents did in my view.

That said, it's simply my view and I'm not looking for an argument.......

1 hour ago, Redz said:

For balance, similar antics from players happen week in week out across the globe.

Most of the time fans don't cross the line, these kents did in my view.

That said, it's simply my view and I'm not looking for an argument.......

Bit like someone getting death threats for playing a mock flute...canny really remember who that was tho!!

ps. Fingers were in all the wrong places for it to be "the Sash" ??

30 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

Bit like someone getting death threats for playing a mock flute...canny really remember who that was tho!!

ps. Fingers were in all the wrong places for it to be "the Sash" ??

16 hours ago, slasher said:

On 13/07/2017 at 10:27 PM, dandydunn said:

On 13/07/2017 at 4:09 PM, Parklife said:

Apologies to the many folk the useless quote system has decided to include. It appears the coding and testing on this system was done by a million monkeys on keyboards. ?

You've his the nail on the head Ceelo. You can't complain about the abuse Griffiths got and whine about the stuff Gazza did. Essentially they've both behaved in a stupid way. 

That's still no excuse for the neanderthals to throw stuff at him, or any other footballer. 

However, I'm sure the Celtic players were well aware of the potential for trouble and had been asked to keep the rank Stupidity of the Linfield support in their minds. 

Griffiths doesn't deserve the abuse he received as its actually only a game of football. However he deserves some formal sanction for stirring up the hornets nest deliberately. 

Sympathy for him but only to a point. 

After all you'd give your kid a row if they got stung because they were poking the wasps nest with a stick, wouldn't you? 

22 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

No excuse for throwing harmful objects, but no excuse for throwing gasoline on the fire either.

It appears Griffiths may have baited the home support as it looks like he gave the '5-1/six in a row' gesture before anything was thrown...

You think everything started at that corner from either side, such naivety. lol

I was baited into throwing a glass bottle at someone. The impulse control of a scorpion.

The flute thing is symbol of the orange order who believe in the actual supremacy of Protestantism over Catholicism.

The 6 fingers is the number of times Celtic have won the league in a row.

EDIT: Giving death threats for almost every scenario in existence is totally fecked up, you need locked up and educated on how stupid these things are.

Moral equivalency is nothing but sophistry. If you genuinely believe they are the same, you're deep in Plato's Cave.

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, phart said:

The flute thing is symbol of the orange order who believe in the actual supremacy of Protestantism over Catholicism.

The 6 fingers is the number of times Celtic have won the league in a row.

EDIT: Giving death threats for almost every scenario in existence is totally fecked up, you need locked up and educated on how stupid these things are.

Moral equivalency is nothing but sophistry. If you genuinely believe they are the same, you're deep in Plato's Cave.

I think you are wrong with the flute thing comment. The bands in the main are distinct from the Orange Order. and have their own tradition and history.  Its less to with supremacy and more to do with defiance against perceived tyranny. The protestants in Derry really do believe that their ancestors stood firmly against James and his version of divine monarchy tied to Rome. Of course nearly 350 years later I think these people need to move on but Northern Ireland is unlike no other place in the UK. Communities are divided along sectarian grounds and there is little chance of reconciliation. The treatment of Catholics in NI in the 20th Century was shameful though and Unionists have to realize there is a lot more concessions to give up before this injustice is addressed. 

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

You've his the nail on the head Ceelo. You can't complain about the abuse Griffiths got and whine about the stuff Gazza did. Essentially they've both behaved in a stupid way. 

However he deserves some formal sanction for stirring up the hornets nest deliberately. 

I don't think anyone is complaining about the (verbal) abuse he got, it was to be expected. I think what most people have an issue with is the Linfield fans over the top reaction when he decided to give just a little back. Who would have thought six fingers would have caused such a stooshie?!

Would also ask why do LINFIELD fans have such a dislike to a score or game that didn't involve them?!

23 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

I don't think anyone is complaining about the (verbal) abuse he got, it was to be expected. I think what most people have an issue with is the Linfield fans over the top reaction when he decided to give just a little back. Who would have thought six fingers would have caused such a stooshie?!

Would Eni also ask why do LINFIELD fans have such a dislike to a score or game that didn't involve them?!

Let's be honest. The Linfield fans are known for their less than friendly welcome and I'm positive every player was warned. 

However, only Griffiths managed to generate that reaction. Why? 

Nothing excuses the fans behaviour but Griffiths has to accept he hasn't helped the situation by his actions and it appears UEFA agree. 

1 minute ago, Blackpool78 said:

Griffiths was pelted with coins lighters and a bottle before the situation that Uefa have charged him with but you keep defending the mini scum 

:ok:

Just now, Blackpool78 said:

Griffiths was pelted with coins lighters and a bottle before the situation that Uefa have charged him with but you keep defending the mini scum 

Can you read? I'm not defending the neanderthals, I'm criticising Griffiths. 

They are not the same thing. Unless you're an utterly moronic snowflake. 

4 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Can you read? I'm not defending the neanderthals, I'm criticising Griffiths. 

They are not the same thing. Unless you're an utterly moronic snowflake. 

So UEFA are clearly siding with the neanderthals then?

3 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

So UEFA are clearly siding with the neanderthals then?

No, Linfield are being charged. 

So they aren't. Or is simple logic too much for you too? 

9 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Wind your neck in - I only asked a question.

I assumed it was a loaded question in an effort to continue the other posters inability to separate the two issues. 

Apologies if it wasn't. I'm just grumpy today. 

1 minute ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I assumed it was a loaded question in an effort to continue the other posters inability to separate the two issues. 

Apologies if it wasn't. I'm just grumpy today. 

No worries - been travelling back from Glasgow yesterday and today, so wasn't up to speed with the fallout.

It was a genuine question in the wake of that utterly bizarre yellow card.

59 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

No worries - been travelling back from Glasgow yesterday and today, so wasn't up to speed with the fallout.

It was a genuine question in the wake of that utterly bizarre yellow card.

The yellow card was incredible. Has the Refs report been made public yet? That has to give a reason for the booking and it would be interesting to see what it said. 

Unless Griffiths has said something but I don't think that was the case as the ref ran over to him with the card already out. 

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The yellow card was incredible. Has the Refs report been made public yet? That has to give a reason for the booking and it would be interesting to see what it said. 

Unless Griffiths has said something but I don't think that was the case as the ref ran over to him with the card already out. 

The only explanation I can think is that the ref thought he was time wasting and didn't realise what he was complaining about until he got over by which point it was too late.

Or because buckfast isn't an official UEFA champions league sponsor.

:lol: