Scottish teams in Europe - Page 17 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

What Griffiths done after the game was a bit daft, but he shouldnt be charged with misconduct, if that is what he has been charged with.

A very significant percentage of Linfield fans are absolute utter scum, they dont deserve to be at a fitba game, well they dont deserve to be in this century to be honest. Lobbing a bottle of Buckfast at a player should be a jailable offence, and the club should receive a ban from Europe IMO.

On 7/16/2017 at 1:22 AM, macy37 said:

Scotty, one of those who spouts bile at footballers then greets when they give a bit back. No surprise.

Not only do I not spout bile at footballers, I don't throw things at them either. 

On 7/16/2017 at 4:09 AM, Redz said:

For balance, similar antics from players happen week in week out across the globe.

Most of the time fans don't cross the line, these kents did in my view.

That said, it's simply my view and I'm not looking for an argument.......

For balance... this wasn't a typical 'week in week out' game.

These fans were ripe for crossing the line.

Only an irresponsible fool would try and kick it off.

On 7/16/2017 at 6:33 AM, RenfrewBlue said:

I'm sure the Celtic players were well aware of the potential for trouble and had been asked to keep the rank Stupidity of the Linfield support in their minds. 

One would like to think so.

On 7/16/2017 at 7:35 AM, phart said:

You think everything started at that corner from either side, such naivety. lol

Enlighten me then.

When were the first objects thrown at Griffiths?

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Let's be honest. The Linfield fans are known for their less than friendly welcome and I'm positive every player was warned. 

However, only Griffiths managed to generate that reaction. Why? 

Nothing excuses the fans behaviour but Griffiths has to accept he hasn't helped the situation by his actions...

Yep. Why is that so hard for some to come to grips with?

9 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Can you read? I'm not defending the neanderthals, I'm criticising Griffiths. 

They are not the same thing. Unless you're an utterly moronic snowflake. 

Yep.

(I said that at the beginning.)

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

The only explanation I can think is that the ref thought he was time wasting and didn't realise what he was complaining about until he got over by which point it was too late.

The non-blinkered universe could see that he was time wasting.

Griffiths wasn't worried about being hit by anything.

(Did he look worried? No, not at all.)

The longer he took to point out and pick up every coin, can, and bottle that was thrown, he knew that he was encouraging the boneheads to do it even more while all along trying to play the innocent victim that had nothing to do with riling up the crowd.

4 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

The longer he took to point out and pick up every coin, can, and bottle that was thrown, he knew that he was encouraging the boneheads to do it even more while all along trying to play the innocent victim that had nothing to do with riling up the crowd.

I'll put this in block capitals so that you get it, Scotty. 

HE HAD OBJECTS THROWN AT HIM WELL BEFORE HE DONE ANYTHING TO RILE UP THE CROWD. 

Your comments on here are utterly blinkered. It's possible to dislike Celtic and their players and still accept that they shouldn't have objects thrown at them while they do their job. 

We all know once scotty believes something it's absolutely impossible to get him to change his mind. It's just one of his personality traits.

Anything you type to him about this won't register now. He believes it and that#s the way it is going to stay for ever,

I think separating the 2 points is necessary.

Nobody is attempting to be apologists for the Linfield fans, I saw some pretty clear images on Twitter of the guy throwing the bottle, I hope they catch him and punish him. They shouldn't be throwing things, that's out of order.

On a separate note, Leigh Griffiths can be an antagonistic wee bawbag and shouldn't have been getting involved with that crowd in what was obviously a volatile fixture.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Nobody is attempting to be apologists for the Linfield fans, I saw some pretty clear images on Twitter of the guy throwing the bottle, I hope they catch him and punish him. They shouldn't be throwing things, that's out of order.

On a separate note, Leigh Griffiths can be an antagonistic wee bawbag and shouldn't have been getting involved with that crowd in what was obviously a volatile fixture.

Spot on

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

One point is about how antagonistic someone, the other is how nobody is being apologists for actions, just "unrelated" pointing out someone is really antagonistic.

"on a separate note" should be changed to "but" for it to be a truthful sentence. 

Reminds me of the police violence statement.

"Obviously you shouldn't be shooting someone for selling single fags" on a separate note "you always have to obey police officers"

Love it. :D The "short skirt" defence.

Edited by phart

29 minutes ago, phart said:

One point is about how antagonistic someone, the other is how nobody is being apologists for actions, just "unrelated" pointing out someone is really antagonistic.

"on a separate note" should be changed to "but" for it to be a truthful sentence. 

Reminds me of the police violence statement.

"Obviously you shouldn't be shooting someone for selling single fags" on a separate note "you always have to obey police officers"

Love it. :D The "short skirt" defence.

Both can be stand alone points.

If nothing had been thrown at Leigh Griffiths, it wouldn't change the fact it wasn't a good idea to wind up the Linfield fans.

Graeme Souness didn't deserve anything that might have come his way for planting a Galatasaray flag in the pitch at Fenerbahce, but it still doesn't make it a good idea.

Nobody is saying Griffiths was asking for it, although personally I suspect there was an element of martyrdom involved (does that mean I am saying he was asking for it? :lol: )

50 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Both can be stand alone points.

If nothing had been thrown at Leigh Griffiths, it wouldn't change the fact it wasn't a good idea to wind up the Linfield fans.

Graeme Souness didn't deserve anything that might have come his way for planting a Galatasaray flag in the pitch at Fenerbahce, but it still doesn't make it a good idea.

Nobody is saying Griffiths was asking for it, although personally I suspect there was an element of martyrdom involved (does that mean I am saying he was asking for it? :lol: )

You think both are unrelated events then, both just happened in a vaccum. Cause that's not what happened, obviously one fed into the other.

49 minutes ago, phart said:

You think both are unrelated events then, both just happened in a vaccum. Cause that's not what happened, obviously one fed into the other.

I think there's a decent chance they'd have thrown stuff at him anyway.

58 minutes ago, phart said:

What exactly is your point? You appear to be hell bent on picking an argument. 

I think it's quite clear what sbcmfc is saying and it's perfectly reasonable. You arent putting up any sensible argument other than nit picking. 

6 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

48 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

What exactly is your point? You appear to be hell bent on picking an argument. 

I think it's quite clear what sbcmfc is saying and it's perfectly reasonable. You arent putting up any sensible argument other than nit picking. 

Me and sbmfc are discussing it perfectly fine, without you. I prefer that arrangement so will stick to it.

27 minutes ago, phart said:

Didn't they throw stuff at him anyway, anyway? Or did his antagonistic ways happen first.

I'm not 100% sure on the exact sequence of events. At the time there appeared to be coins etc. before Griffiths started milking it.

4 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'm not 100% sure on the exact sequence of events. At the time there appeared to be coins etc. before Griffiths started milking it.

So the coins have made Griffith react as opposed to Griffith making them react. Then the fans are antagonistic in this instance then. That's my point.

Only talking about this instance, unless by playing for Celtic he antagonised them that way, but that's not exactly fair, someone has to play for Celtic after all.

1 hour ago, Redz said:

Anyway..........

Heathrow - Sarajevo bound in the morning and I just know ALL of the TAMB will want to wish the Famous 'aw the best!'

Go on, try it, it's feckin easy....... ;) 

SF

Enjoy Redz. 

Hopefully another strong away performance :ok:

?⚪️

Guest BlueGaz
11 hours ago, Redz said:

Anyway..........

Heathrow - Sarajevo bound in the morning and I just know ALL of the TAMB will want to wish the Famous 'aw the best!'

SF

Good luck, enjoy the trip :ok:

17 hours ago, Redz said:

Anyway..........

SF

Aw the best.