Scottish teams in Europe - Page 18 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

On 18/07/2017 at 7:11 PM, phart said:

Me and sbmfc are discussing it perfectly fine, without you. I prefer that arrangement so will stick to it.

Fair enough. I'll remember this quote for the next time you stick your neb into other folks conversations. 

It'll be fun watching you explain how it's different because you're a special case. ?

On 7/18/2017 at 3:18 AM, Parklife said:

HE HAD OBJECTS THROWN AT HIM WELL BEFORE HE DONE ANYTHING TO RILE UP THE CROWD. 

When?

We agree that he riled up the crowd and that the crowd threw things at him.

All that I've ever said and believed is that he SHOULDN'T have riled up the crowd AND that he SHOULDN'T have had things thrown at him.

(My goodness, it's not difficult.)

On 7/18/2017 at 3:18 AM, Parklife said:

Your comments on here are utterly blinkered. It's possible to dislike Celtic and their players and still accept that they shouldn't have objects thrown at them while they do their job. 

Agreed. (Where did I say anything different?)

On 7/18/2017 at 4:20 AM, kumnio said:

Not a very christian viewpoint that Scotty, and frankly it's ridiculous that you believe what you typed. 

Please be specific. What have I posted that's ridiculous?

On 7/18/2017 at 4:24 AM, phart said:

We all know once scotty believes something it's absolutely impossible to get him to change his mind. It's just one of his personality traits.

Not true. (Changing my mind on 'truth' however, would be weak and pointless.)

On 7/18/2017 at 4:24 AM, phart said:

Anything you type to him about this won't register now. He believes it and that#s the way it is going to stay for ever,

Again, not true.

If 'Parklike' (or anyone) can show that the Linfield fans threw things at Griffiths prior to the 'six fingers' then I would be mistaken on that point. 

On 7/18/2017 at 6:36 AM, sbcmfc said:

I think separating the 2 points is necessary.

Nobody is attempting to be apologists for the Linfield fans, I saw some pretty clear images on Twitter of the guy throwing the bottle, I hope they catch him and punish him. They shouldn't be throwing things, that's out of order.

On a separate note, Leigh Griffiths can be an antagonistic wee bawbag and shouldn't have been getting involved with that crowd in what was obviously a volatile fixture.

Exactly. (Why is it even an argument?)

On 7/18/2017 at 6:57 AM, Squirrelhumper said:

You are the most blinkered person on these forums!

My thinking is calm, cool, and clear.

On 7/18/2017 at 0:17 PM, phart said:

You think both are unrelated events then...

No, 'sbcmfc' didn't say 'unrelated' (you're saying that), he said the points should be looked at 'separately'. Look at the crowd's actions, and look at Griffiths' actions. (Both acted extremely poorly. Not who's more wrong or more justified compared to the other.)

On 7/18/2017 at 1:22 PM, RenfrewBlue said:

What exactly is your point? You appear to be hell bent on picking an argument. 

I think it's quite clear what sbcmfc is saying and it's perfectly reasonable. You arent putting up any sensible argument other than nit picking. 

Of course it is.

5 hours ago, Ormond said:

What a shower of cowardly cvnts. :mad:

They said last week it was going to happen. They were talking to my pals son asking how much Aberdeen would be taking this week, when told not a lot would be looking for a scrap, they were offered one, but responded they only had 10 or so, so would be unfair numbers. But then said numbers wouldn't an issue this week and would be 200 strong and everyone had to watch their backs. Don't think they abide to the same rules as a Scottish hooligan. 

On 15/07/2017 at 1:03 AM, adamntg said:

Can't disagree with that, absolute horrible cnts.  I've had the misfortune to spend some time working in Norn Iron recently and it's not a place I take any pleasure in visiting.  

On 14/07/2017 at 6:24 PM, sbcmfc said:

On 13/07/2017 at 9:51 PM, GRBear said:

On 05/07/2017 at 8:41 PM, JasMc1973 said:

No idea how I've quoted all you. Sorry

Gold just to get last night's game out the road. Tie was over after the first leg and now the players can concentrate on Rosenborg.

They're not as strong as they have been in years gone by from what I've heard but they are further into their season than we are which could be a bit of a leveler

11 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Gold just to get last night's game out the road. Tie was over after the first leg and now the players can concentrate on Rosenborg.

They're not as strong as they have been in years gone by from what I've heard but they are further into their season than we are which could be a bit of a leveler

We've had some spectacular fails in Norway but hopefully there's a different mindset at the club now. I'm quietly confident we'll get through this one ?

30 minutes ago, slasher said:

We've had some spectacular fails in Norway but hopefully there's a different mindset at the club now. I'm quietly confident we'll get through this one ?

I seen in the paper this morning that Ronnie Delia is helping you so that's you fvcked!! :lol:

5 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

If 'Parklike' (or anyone) can show that the Linfield fans threw things at Griffiths prior to the 'six fingers' then I would be mistaken on that point. 

I've watched the game, that's what happened. If you'd watched the game you'd know that too. There's no need for me to prove it. 

Away and watch the game, then come on ehre and apologise for making an idiot of yourself. 

Feck me, you really can be tedious as feck. 

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

They said last week it was going to happen. They were talking to my pals son asking how much Aberdeen would be taking this week, when told not a lot would be looking for a scrap, they were offered one, but responded they only had 10 or so, so would be unfair numbers. But then said numbers wouldn't an issue this week and would be 200 strong and everyone had to watch their backs. Don't think they abide to the same rules as a Scottish hooligan. 

Just attacked folk out for a drink. Cowardly khunts. 

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

I seen in the paper this morning that Ronnie Delia is helping you so that's you fvcked!! :lol:

Haha, I'm having Molde flashbacks already ?

Is the Aberdeen game on Premier tonight? Good luck to my sheepworrying friends, hope they pull it off. A Rijeka type performance needed ?

43 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I'm maybe just getting used to them but I didn't think the GB's banner was that bad this time round.  Or am I missing something?

I didn't think that was that bad last night, folk looking to get offended.

They should have left it as just the BR banner though.

11 minutes ago, slasher said:

Haha, I'm having Molde flashbacks already ?

Is the Aberdeen game on Premier tonight? Good luck to my sheepworrying friends, hope they pull it off. A Rijeka type performance needed ?

Aye it is. Think i'll nip downstairs to the boozer and watch it.

32 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I didn't think that was that bad last night, folk looking to get offended.

They should have left it as just the BR banner though.

I guess the point though is that the symbolism wouldn't be missed by last night's opponents.

37 minutes ago, adamntg said:

The Bosnian waiter I spoke to in Montenegro yesterday says they can't believe they managed to get a draw away to Aberdeen and they still expect to get papped out. 

*Pedant Alert*

He won't be a Bosnian if he is from Siroki Brijeg. 

36 minutes ago, adamntg said:

The Bosnian waiter I spoke to in Montenegro yesterday says they can't believe they managed to get a draw away to Aberdeen and they still expect to get papped out. 

Then had a good laugh when he got back to the kitchen.;)

Hope Aberdeen get through but I can't see it myself.