Scottish teams in Europe - Page 19 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Is that not kinda like saying that Rangers don't have any English supporters?

Siroki Brijeg is a place in Herzegovina. Therefore if he is from Siroki Brijeg he is from Herzegovina, not Bosnia. 

So no, it's feck all like saying that.  

I know the guy in the pictures on the link that has had his head burst open, drinks in the Iron Horse and a member of Westa tartan army that I am a member off.  Big Aberdeen fan, hope he's ok.

Just now, Geed said:

I know the guy in the pictures on the link that has had his head burst open, drinks in the Iron Horse and a member of Westa tartan army that I am a member off.  Big Aberdeen fan, hope he's ok.

Mate spoke to him this morning, apart from a little bit sore this morning, he was patched up in hospital last night and taking it easy today :ok:

Just now, wanderer said:

Mate spoke to him this morning, apart from a little bit sore this morning, he was patched up in hospital last night and taking it easy today :ok:

Cheers, that's good to know, hope Aberdeen get a result tonight for him and go through.

5 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Now forever known as Terry Butcher. 

6 minutes ago, Geed said:

Cheers, that's good to know, hope Aberdeen get a result tonight for him and go through.

He's been a mate of mine for over twenty years and I still hope Aberdeen get knocked out.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

*Pedant Alert*

He won't be a Bosnian if he is from Siroki Brijeg. 

*pedant retort*

He isn't from Siroki Brijeg, he's from Montenegro.  Probably.  I dunno, he was jumping about from supporting Partizan, to reflecting on Rijeka beating Dynamo Zagreb to the Croatian title to reminiscing about Dundee Utd playing Vardar Skopje, Velez Mostar and Radnicki Nis back in the day. 

It's probably best not to pry too much into ethnicity and identity round here....

4 hours ago, Parklife said:

I've watched the game, that's what happened. If you'd watched the game you'd know that too. There's no need for me to prove it. 

Away and watch the game, then come on ehre and apologise for making an idiot of yourself. 

Feck me, you really can be tedious as feck. 

There's no need as the fact remains that Griffiths made the '6 finger' sign and then got pelted by objects.

5 hours ago, Reevesy said:

Gold just to get last night's game out the road. Tie was over after the first leg and now the players can concentrate on Rosenborg.

They're not as strong as they have been in years gone by from what I've heard but they are further into their season than we are which could be a bit of a leveler

Sign Stevie May. He likes to put Rosenborg to the sword. :ok:

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

They said last week it was going to happen. They were talking to my pals son asking how much Aberdeen would be taking this week, when told not a lot would be looking for a scrap, they were offered one, but responded they only had 10 or so, so would be unfair numbers. But then said numbers wouldn't an issue this week and would be 200 strong and everyone had to watch their backs. Don't think they abide to the same rules as a Scottish hooligan. 

Flinging flares through a pub door at joe public just having a drink. Fvcking spineless cowardly whankks.

21 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

hopefully this clears up the whole Linfield reacting to the 5-1 sign that was done 

The video clearly shows Griffiths standing staring directly at the crowd at close range with a prolonged 'shhhh' sign to get it up them.

(He then gestures to them to take it easy/calm down after something is thrown.)

Why does he continually engage a hostile crowd?

Edited by Scotty CTA

Just now, Scotty CTA said:

The video clearly shows Griffiths standing staring directly at the crowd at close range with a prolonged 'shhhh' sign to get it up them.

(He then gestures to them to take it easy/calm down as he is jogging away.)

Why does he continually engage a hostile crowd?

a hostile crowd that has just given him dogs abuse as he takes the corner and he ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh them after Celtic score as a GIRUY 

10 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

If 'Parklike' (or anyone) can show that the Linfield fans threw things at Griffiths prior to the 'six fingers' then I would be mistaken on that point. 

Now that i have proven things were thrown before the six fingers are you mistaken on that point 

7 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Now that i have proven things were thrown before the six fingers are you mistaken on that point 

My point was '6 fingers' THEN object thrown.

Having now seen this video, the point remains that objects were thrown only after Griffiths engaged the crowd (which I now know that he did 3 separate times) and each time he got a hostile reaction from a hostile crowd.

My question is why would he take it upon himself to do so?

8 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Do you not think he has reacted to what the crowd were shouting at him whilst taking the corner? or do you he think done that first 

He immaturely and unprofessionally reacted to the verbal abuse of the crowd.

Watch the Dons game tonight in a hostile atmosphere and see if the Aberdeen players acknowledge the home fans.

26 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

a hostile crowd that has just given him dogs abuse as he takes the corner and he ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhh them after Celtic score as a GIRUY 

22 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Yes, that's what I said.

Why does he engage them?

'Shhh', then object thrown, and not the other way round.

(Both actions ill-advised.)

(These 2 posts go together.)