Scottish teams in Europe - Page 29 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

9 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I'm sure you know what I meant though and are just being contrary.

Not at all. Merely stating that i agree with his views on the British army and do not think they are "extreme"

8 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

How many cup finals did he win? 

Won the League Cup in 2014.

9 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

A Celtic boss goes unbeaten during the scottish season and people mock that on here so finishing second well hardly great 

Only if you join in the 'mocking'.

Budgets can mask coaching ability. (Ronny D.)

McInnes (in response to Pedro always commenting on Aberdeen) finally said on record that any other Premiership manager would be embarrassed not to finish second given the Rangers budget.

Celtic finished where their budget 'dictated' they would.

Aberdeen punched higher than the budget they had.

McInnes is by far the best 'bang for the buck'.

(Wait and add up how much extra money he'll bring a club our size this season.)

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Won the League Cup in 2014.

Only if you join in the 'mocking'.

Budgets can mask coaching ability. (Ronny D.)

McInnes (in response to Pedro always commenting on Aberdeen) finally said on record that any other Premiership manager would be embarrassed not to finish second given the Rangers budget.

Celtic finished where their budget 'dictated' they would.

Aberdeen punched higher than the budget they had.

McInnes is by far the best 'bang for the buck'.

(Wait and add up how much extra money he'll bring a club our size this season.)

He beat a team they were meant to beat last night so hardly a good thing, Scottish managers i would class as excellent and he doesn't even get a thought so lets drop the bull here. I think Rodgers is a good manager and Derek doesn't even come close to him in my opinion 

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Not at all. Merely stating that i agree with his views on the British army and do not think they are "extreme"

British army bad does not equal IRA good. That's where I see his views as a bit  extreme, as well as the provocative language used.

18 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

He beat a team they were meant to beat last night so hardly a good thing...

If we were a few games into our season then I'd agree, but we had 'gelling', fitness, and climate issues to overcome and it appeared to come together for us in the away leg while behind on aggregate.

21 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Scottish managers i would class as excellent and he doesn't even get a thought... 

You'd be in the ignorant minority there.

(Ask Rodgers if he rates him as excellent.)

23 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

I think Rodgers is a good manager...

Of course you do.

24 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

...and Derek doesn't even come close to him in my opinion 

A late goal in the Cup Final with 10 times our budget and us having a much smaller squad says different.

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He said "British Army=bad, IRA=good"? 

No, but did he not get banned under a previous guise for trying to start a poll on your favourite IRA mass shooting?

You're being deliberately awkward.

1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

I've always like McInnes and would have like to have had him at Ibrox. 

Easily the best manager we've had in a very long time. His behind the scenes work rate and attention to detail are very impressive.

Just now, Blackpool78 said:

Compare the wages with Progres and come back and chat, all that i am saying is this guy is not an excellent manager 

Do you think I'd try to defend the Rangers's result? If you take wages being representative of resources and normalise Aberdeen's resources to Celtic's you get 15-14 to Aberdeen.

1 hour ago, Larky Masher said:

I've always like McInnes and would have like to have had him at Ibrox. 

Every team in Scotland and quite a few in England and abroad would gladly have him as their manager (if they had a vacancy or needed a better one).

33 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Unbeaten in 6 games against this so called excellent manager :lol::lol: he is an ok manager but lets not get carried away here 

That's our test to see how we're progressing.

Three of those six games were 1-0, 1-0, and 2-1.

We know we're getting better.

Would you like to make a Sunshine Appeal bet that you won't win every game against us in 2017-18?

26 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Celtic beating Aberdeen 14-3 over the 6 six games and this guy is an excellent manager :lol:  away you go 

You have to consider the difference in resources.

It's very difficult to compete over a season on squad size alone without even considering the players that you are able to pay transfer fees for.

20 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Is the troll for real?

That is probably the only excuse I can see for what he's posted.

52 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Reevesy has previous for it.

He really doesn't. There's been good and bad on both sides but one wouldn't even have had to exist if it wasn't for the other's treatment of their land and people. 

Did they get everything right and always do good? No, of course they didn't. But I still respect those from a volunteer army who fought a foreign oppressor and believe they had every right to. They were absolutely necessary to protect the Catholic/nationalist community from the Brits and Loyalist terror groups.

Don't confuse that with me saying everything is so clear cut and one=good and the other= bad.

14 minutes ago, Larky Masher said:

Do you think I'd try to defend the Rangers's result? If you take wages being representative of resources and normalise Aberdeen's resources to Celtic's you get 15-14 to Aberdeen.

(If I may be permitted to make yet further use of your very well presented representation of resources as detailed above.) 

You can now take the earlier claim that Rodgers is "good" and conclude that Mcinnes must therefore be very good!

Green Brigade section closed for the next two matches.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/12951

CELTIC FC is to close the 'Green Brigade' section of the stadium for the next two matches after serious incidents of unsafe behaviour at the last two competitive matches at Celtic Park.

The Club is writing to the 900 season-ticket holders affected to explain the Club’s position and next steps.

The decision, which has been taken amid serious safety concerns and after discussion with the police, follows events at the matches against Hearts in May and Linfield on Wednesday night.

The safe standing area of the stadium had been working very well until the final game of last season against Hearts, when large numbers of flares were smuggled into and set off under banners within the Green Brigade section. It was an incredibly irresponsible and co-ordinated action which could have had tragic consequences. 

The Club understands that consideration was given to halting this crucial game because of the thick smoke, which was blowing across the stadium and into other sections of the support and posed a serious safety risk to all those in the stadium. The fire alarm was activated, resulting in the Scottish Fire and Rescue Service responding to the stadium.

The Safety Advisory Group of Glasgow City Council, which licenses Celtic Park and comprises representatives from the Council, police, fire and rescue, the ambulance service and other statutory authorities, had an emergency meeting after that game and communicated their serious concerns to the Club, which presented a risk to the renewal of the safety certificate necessary for the operation of the stadium and the capacity of the safe standing area. 

The Club has been working with the Safety Advisory Group towards a solution for this season, but the events at the match on Wednesday night, where there were further serious safety issues within the Green Brigade section, require the Club to take immediate action to comply with its responsibilities under the applicable legislation.

Safety of all supporters at Celtic Park is of paramount importance to the Club. The safe operation of the safe standing area at Celtic Park requires effective communication and engagement with the supporters in that area. Unfortunately, due to the events at the Hearts and Linfield matches, the Club is not satisfied that the Green Brigade section can be operated safely at this time.

The Club will continue to investigate the events at the matches in question and to address the issues that arose. The Club will seek to engage with the supporters in the Green Brigade section to re-establish the necessary communication and engagement to permit supporters to be readmitted to the section and for it to be operated safely, in consultation with the Safety Advisory Group. If that cannot be achieved, then the Club will require to examine other options.

Club Chief Executive Peter Lawwell said: “The behaviour of fans in the Green Brigade section of the ground at the matches against Hearts and Linfield was a serious safety risk, which has left us with no choice but to take decisive action to ensure safety within the stadium.

“There is no room for debate. The safety authorities and the football authorities make the rules. They also enforce the rules. If the rules are broken, Celtic will be punished again and again. There is no hiding place from these realities. Anyone who has Celtic’s interests at heart must surely recognise them and behave accordingly.

“Every club which visits here says the atmosphere is incredible and that is something that we have worked very hard to support and encourage. We cannot understand why supporters who are capable of contributing so much that is positive to the club can be so reckless in doing it damage. In addition to the serious safety concerns, we face further UEFA disciplinary action.

“This is not a decision we have taken lightly, but the behaviour of fans in this section is posing a direct risk to the safe operation of the stadium and is also seriously tarnishing the club’s hard-won reputation.

“Dialogue, engagement and communication with the Green Brigade have evidently failed at this time, given the behaviour experienced at these matches, and we are therefore left with no choice but to take action to ensure safety at the stadium.

“We hope that the action we are taking prompts recognition by those fans of the damage being done to the Club and that we can resume meaningful engagement with them which would ensure a safe environment within that part of Celtic Park.”

Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers said: “It’s really disappointing that we are talking about stadium safety and paramilitary banners rather than our progress into the next round of Europe.

“The fans have a responsibility to behave in the stadium and I would urge everyone involved to see the damage this is causing to the club. Hopefully this is a wake-up call.

“The players thrive on the cauldron that the fans create at Celtic Park but there are clearly boundaries that you can’t step over. Everyone knows that pyrotechnics, unacceptable banners and ignoring stewards who are enforcing basic stadium safety measures are simply not on. I really hope that the fans take this on board. It would be a real shame if they forced the club to take more permanent action to ensure safety and protect the Club’s standing in European football, which is what we should all be aiming to promote.”

15 minutes ago, Blackpool78 said:

Getting called a troll because i dont agree with somebody who calls him excellent and its clear he is ok however not excellent 

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by suggesting you were a troll. I was hoping you weren't trying to be genuine. 

I see you've upgraded McInnes to "ok" now though!

(Just FYI, I didn't say he was "excellent" - your statements are now mirroring your opinions - fantasist!).