Scottish teams in Europe - Page 53 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish teams in Europe

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Bloody hell, that's a big statement. If UEFA don't want to look pathetically weak they'll have to fine Legia too. 

Personally I don't think football games are where displays like this are required. I prefer to just watch the game. Too much extra keech as it is. 

Legia have had a load of fines for various stuff - bother in the ground, other displays (UEFA - Mafia one after they were thrown out v Celtic with a pig in a suit) and flares. They are probably up there with GB in terms of UEFA having them on their hitlist.

This one was to commemorate the Warsaw Uprising in 1944, start of August, this was the closest game to that date. They do it every year apparently, not the same display, but to commemorate the uprising. Possibly a bit like Scotland commemorating Bannockburn....possibly. But doubt the German soldier with gun to the kids head is going to be ignored.

41 minutes ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

Legia have had a load of fines for various stuff - bother in the ground, other displays (UEFA - Mafia one after they were thrown out v Celtic with a pig in a suit) and flares. They are probably up there with GB in terms of UEFA having them on their hitlist.

This one was to commemorate the Warsaw Uprising in 1944, start of August, this was the closest game to that date. They do it every year apparently, not the same display, but to commemorate the uprising. Possibly a bit like Scotland commemorating Bannockburn....possibly. But doubt the German soldier with gun to the kids head is going to be ignored.

Yep, the soldier section of the banner definitely puts them in UEFA's sights. Will be interesting to see how big the fine is. 

4 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Just saw the Legia Warsaw display from last night. Wonder if UEFA want to go there....

42E9F07000000578-0-image-a-8_15017151222

How come the message is in English and not Polish or even German if they are trying to send a message. There were also playing a Khazak team so not sure the relevance for that game. If that is from the game on Wednesday that is.

Edit- Just seen Dalgety Bay's post regarding the reason for it.

Edited by iainmac1

8 minutes ago, iainmac1 said:

How come the message is in English and not Polish or even German if they are trying to send a message. There were also playing a Khazak team so not sure the relevance for that game. If that is from the game on Wednesday that is.

Edit- Just seen Dalgety Bay's post regarding the reason for it.

I suppose English is fairly universal?

28 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I suppose English is fairly universal?

Most widely spoken language on the planet. 

Although more people speak Chinese, i think. ? 

2 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

6 hours ago, Marky said:

Eh? :unsure:

What have I done to upset you mate. Especially to be afforded the elevated "clown" status above Parkie (or Porkie and you hilariously referred to him)?

I also thought it was completely bizarre!

Best ignored I suspect. 

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

A banner dropped from the roof?

Ropes from the back will pull it up. 

Sure ive seen Dortmund do similar with a flag in their ultras stand. 

Edit

about 3:30 in, they have ropes pulling it up. 

Edited by dandydunn

59 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Best not have any poppy displays.

They're fine as long as it's not a UEFA game. 

The SFA and SPFL are more than happy with that. 

3 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

5 hours ago, Dalgety Bay TA said:

• 2 weeks later...