Eurovision 2017 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

My annual bet on Romania will be taking a back seat this year as their entry is a Yodel Rap - Yep a Yodel Rap

The bookies make it a 3 horse race with Portugal 15/8, Italy 2/1, Bulgaria 11/4 and 16/1 bar

Out of the three i rate Bulgaria the best and you'll need to see the other two to realise why

However - why is Sweden 20/1 ? Thats where my money is going as there are no Polish milkmaids

Poland at 100/1 is also too big for a James Bond soundtrack sounding number

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

My annual bet on Romania will be taking a back seat this year as their entry is a Yodel Rap - Yep a Yodel Rap

The bookies make it a 3 horse race with Portugal 15/8, Italy 2/1, Bulgaria 11/4 and 16/1 bar

Out of the three i rate Bulgaria the best and you'll need to see the other two to realise why

However - why is Sweden 20/1 ? Thats where my money is going as there are no Polish milkmaids

Poland at 100/1 is also too big for a James Bond soundtrack sounding number

Is it Eurovision time again ? No idea who will win but the Uk getting fook all must be a certainty.  Bit like the brexit negotiations. 

15 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Is it Eurovision time again ? No idea who will win but the Uk getting fook all must be a certainty.  Bit like the brexit negotiations. 

We seldom watch the acts, but we often tune in for the voting.

It's regularly soooo predictable. Voting blocs. No one likes the UK - we don't care.

Cannae wait for Scotland to have its own entry.

28 minutes ago, Flure said:

We seldom watch the acts, but we often tune in for the voting.

It's regularly soooo predictable. Voting blocs. No one likes the UK - we don't care.

Cannae wait for Scotland to have its own entry.

Have caught it occasionally but not since Terry Wogan died, he was funny. Some of the acts are entertaining but I dont know if I could watch it sober.

In an independant Scotland i shall put myself forward with my rendition of 'Flower of Scotland' to the tune of Scotland the Brave. Although the prospect of this will keep us in the Uk till all the seas gang dry.

1 minute ago, Ormond said:

Didn't Ireland win it piles of times?

Ireland is the answer with 7 yes

Does America have a UnitedStatesovision contest? Can't believe it would be as naff, cheesy and totally embarrassing as this. WTF. UK entry was a bit bland. Norway was the least worst in the few I have seen, except for the hat, that was shockingly bad.