Old Scottish Football Grounds Quiz - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Old Scottish Football Grounds Quiz

On 15/05/2017 at 8:20 PM, sbcmfc said:

A lot of those grounds hadn't changed much by the late 80s when I started going to games.

Got 16, should've got a couple more, but a couple of lucky guesses too.

Aye, I had the advantage of attending games in the 80s - as you say, a lot were still clearly recognisable. Scored 20/23. 

Anyone know which teams are in the Powderhall photo as don't think it was used as a league ground post WWII?

1 hour ago, Charlie Endell said:

Aye, I had the advantage of attending games in the 80s - as you say, a lot were still clearly recognisable. Scored 20/23. 

Anyone know which teams are in the Powderhall photo as don't think it was used as a league ground post WWII?

The 1880s? :D

11 hours ago, Charlie Endell said:

I assumed it was Edinburgh City.  Opposition maybe East Stirling, Dunfermline or St Mirren?

Edited by adamntg

Really enjoyed that although should've done better than 16.

A great collection of photos in their own right, love seeing all those packed wee grounds,  although the experience of actually being there may not have been that pleasant.