Arena Petrol Celje. - Slovenia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Arena Petrol Celje.

The Bunnet

I believe Sky have had that up for months now (sure someone else came on here months ago saying the same).

Sky were saying the Slovakia game would be in Bratislava for months (when there was no stadium there fit to hold the match) so take with a large pinch of salt (probably just put that as venue as that was where we played them in 2005)

Cheers....took wee even money gamble with Vilnius back in December regards booking flights / hotel. Easier living in Blackpool, flying from Manchester / Liverpool..But looks like going round the houses to get anywhere near Slovenia. Part of the fun I suppose.

1 hour ago, jackhayes17 said:

All of Slovenia's qualifiers for this campaign have been held in Ljubilana, and their next home game against Malta is there too. So I'd say 90% chance of the game being there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stožice_Stadium

They usually play the odd one each campaign away from there , so Maribor is still a possibility . The others are probably too small 

1 hour ago, tattiescone69 said:

They usually play the odd one each campaign away from there , so Maribor is still a possibility . The others are probably too small 

Maribor has the reputation for the more hostile/rowdy support, and they have a habit of playing key "must win" games there just to give them that 12th man.

If this game was must win for Slovenia to get 2nd in the group, strong chance game would be there, but as this game will most likely mean nothing for either of us, most likely Ljubljana.

Could be wrong, but I think the 4th stand has been added at Celje, but its still smaller than Ljubljana and Maribor by 1k or 2k.

Edited by wanderer

Look at their home venues over the past 3 or 4 years. All roads point Ljubljana. Especially considering they only have one game to play between now and announcing the venue for our match and that's Malta at home. That match is in Ljubljana and they'll still consider themselves to be in contention afterwards. All this leads to our match taking place there too.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, GHfaeGTA said:

When is the latest date by which they must announce venue and how far are the other possible venues from Ljubljana?

Slovenia is a very small country (think its about the same size as Northern Ireland) with a very good road network that links all the main cities together in no time (I think Maribor is less than 1.5 hours by road)

Edited by wanderer

8 hours ago, wanderer said:

Slovenia is a very small country (think its about the same size as Northern Ireland) with a very good road network that links all the main cities together in no time (I think Maribor is less than 1.5 hours by road)

I am guessing most have booked accommodation in Ljubljana. If game is elsewhere will their be transport options back after game?

2 minutes ago, GLOSTA said:

isn't it usually 5%?

I think there used to be 5 and 10% minimums for Uefa and Fifa matches, but I think that that has been changed to just negotiated totals.