Ryan Jack to Rangers - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ryan Jack to Rangers

2 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Reynolds, Considine, Logan and McLean and Shinnie weren't mentioned because the thread is about Ryan Jack. on AFC chat, many of the fans rate Jack highly and they disagree with my opinions.

Yup. Interestingly i've never seen anyone make these bizarre claims about anyone other than McGinn and Jack. 

You fit right in with some of them though, they can be real condescending ****s when they disagree with someone too.

Back to the name-calling. :rolleyes:

If you actually took a step back you would see its a small minority who label our players huns, a very small minority and even then its to get a reaction out of others. They clearly get one from you.

It's most certainly not "a very small minority" and it's certainly not "to get a reaction". These folk aren't intelligent enough to think that up.

I never once said Jack was the reason we have a shite record against Celtic, you made that up. Why did you make that up? here's what I said below

where did I label him as the reason for our poor record against Celtic? please point it out? Nowhere did I say its his fault because he's a hun, nowhere did I say it was anyone's fault for our record against Celtic.

If you want to discuss our record with Celtic I am happy to do it, just don't make up more shite to prove your point.

You singled him out as not turning up against Celtic. It's nonsense. We've got a poor record against Celtic because of the team as a whole, not because Jack hasn't played well. 

The "Rangers can have him" line sums up your opinion to me and it is one i can't disagree with strongly enough. 

When Jack plays against the so called lower side in the league he looks good and bosses games but when its against either side of the OF he goes missing, he also goes missing in big matches when there's a lot on the line. thats what I meant in my post.

You're telling me a player can play better against opponents that he's better than and will play poorer when he's against opponents he's poorer than?!?! Wow. Hold the front page. :o

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Yup. Interestingly i've never seen anyone make these bizarre claims about anyone other than McGinn and Jack. 

They've been made about McLean, Hayes, Rooney and others

Back to the name-calling. :rolleyes:

your constant replies of "utter pish" "deluded" " your know nothing about football" are just as bad as the name calling. If anythiing it justifies me calling you a condescending ***#####.

It's most certainly not "a very small minority" and it's certainly not "to get a reaction". These folk aren't intelligent enough to think that up.

there you go again with the assumptions, you know nothing about these folk and it is a vocal minority. I have been on that board for years and was a moderator for years on it too, I know who the main antagonists are. 

You singled him out as not turning up against Celtic. It's nonsense. We've got a poor record against Celtic because of the team as a whole, not because Jack hasn't played well. 

I did single him out against Scott Brown but again this does not mean I blame him for our failings against Celtic. you made that up. 

The "Rangers can have him" line sums up your opinion to me and it is one i can't disagree with strongly enough. 

I don't have any issue with you disagreeing with me, its the condescending tone in your posts that piss me off. You give off the impression that you can't cope with someone else having an opinion. I believe Jack is totally replacable

You're telling me a player can play better against opponents that he's better than and will play poorer when he's against opponents he's poorer than?!?! Wow. Hold the front page. :o

What I am saying is that Jack goes hiding in the big matches, there are others in our team who are nowhere near the level of Celtic's team but they don't go hiding, they try to stand up to the. Shinnie doesn't hide, Considine always has a mare against Celtic but would never hide. McGinn does hide like Jack....................do you get the point now?

enjoy the game tonight. 

Aberdeen have been terrible against Celtic for the last 30 years.  Not sure I would single out Jack for this - he wasn't playing the other night in yet another completely abject and unacceptable performance.  Don't agree that "Aberdeen fans" are quick to label player's huns though, not sure where that is coming from.

Shame tonight is a bit of a dead rubber.  Bet Ibrox is full though - they all want to see The Famous!!

Guest BlueGaz
5 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Shame tonight is a bit of a dead rubber.  Bet Ibrox is full though - they all want to see The Famous!!

Why a lot of people go to games, to see big clubs trying to beat each other.  I'm looking forward to it even though its not worth anything league wise, except a bit of pride.  Hope I am wrong, but if ever Aberdeen are going to break this hoodoo, tonight is the night.

Guest BlueGaz
Just now, vanderark14 said:

Ryan Jack to make and appearance, boss the game and score the winner :lol::lol:

is he not fully fit at the mo?  I havent caught up on who will and won't play yet.

Just now, BlueGaz said:

Why a lot of people go to games, to see big clubs trying to beat each other.  I'm looking forward to it even though its not worth anything league wise, except a bit of pride.  Hope I am wrong, but if ever Aberdeen are going to break this hoodoo, tonight is the night.

That wasn't what I was hoping for! :mad:

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

your constant replies of "utter pish" "deluded" " your know nothing about football" are just as bad as the name calling. If anythiing it justifies me calling you a condescending ***#####.

If i annoy you and you don't want to interact, then put me on ignore. I can be curt and maybe condescending, i accept that. It's an internet messageboard. Don't take it too seriously. 

there you go again with the assumptions, you know nothing about these folk and it is a vocal minority. I have been on that board for years and was a moderator for years on it too, I know who the main antagonists are. 

I'm not talking about on the board, i'm talking about at games. Barely a game will pass without some walloper around me calling one of our players a "Hun khunt". 

I don't have any issue with you disagreeing with me, its the condescending tone in your posts that piss me off. You give off the impression that you can't cope with someone else having an opinion. I believe Jack is totally replacable

I can cope very well. That doesn't mean i don't think it is utter pish. Every player is replaceable, that doesn't mean i'm happy for them all to join our rivals. 

What I am saying is that Jack goes hiding in the big matches, there are others in our team who are nowhere near the level of Celtic's team but they don't go hiding, they try to stand up to the. Shinnie doesn't hide, Considine always has a mare against Celtic but would never hide. McGinn does hide like Jack....................do you get the point now?

I got the point in the first place, i labelled it "utter pish" and stick by that opinion. 

enjoy the game tonight. 

Thanks, will try my best. You too

Just now, BlueGaz said:

is he not fully fit at the mo?  I havent caught up on who will and won't play yet.

he's apparently injured. I was making a poor attempt at humour. 

Hayes is suspended, he's the biggest loss IMO. Ryan Christie should play instead of Hayes

2 minutes ago, BlueGaz said:

No, he's out injured. May also miss the cup final. Which will give us a better chance apparently. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

If i annoy you and you don't want to interact, then put me on ignore. I can be curt and maybe condescending, i accept that. It's an internet messageboard. Don't take it too seriously. 

so your admitting to acting like a knob but instead of ceasing to be a knob I should just put you on ignore? aye, that makes sense.:lol::lol: 

I'm not talking about on the board, i'm talking about at games. Barely a game will pass without some walloper around me calling one of our players a "Hun khunt". 

I used to be till I moved, I've had a season ticket over the years in the Merkland, Main Stand, RDS Upper, RDS lower and in the end I was in the south stand. I can count on one hand the amount of times I have heard anyone call our players hun khunts. 

I can cope very well. That doesn't mean i don't think it is utter pish. Every player is replaceable, that doesn't mean i'm happy for them all to join our rivals. 

I got the point in the first place, i labelled it "utter pish" and stick by that opinion. 

you obviously didn't get my point because you made a huge assumption about what you though I meant. 

Thanks, will try my best. You too

8 minutes ago, Parklife said:

No, he's out injured. May also miss the cup final. Which will give us a better chance apparently. 

you're like a dog with a bone, give it a rest. 

all you're doing is proving my earlier point

Edited by vanderark14

so your admitting to acting like a knob but instead of ceasing to be a knob I should just put you on ignore? aye, that makes sense.:lol::lol: 

Negative. I'm saying you should be able to engage in debate without resorting to slinging about insults. 

you obviously didn't get my point because you made a huge assumption about what you though I meant. 

I can assure you, i got it. Think we can agree to disagree now. 

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

you're like a dog with a bone, give it a rest. 

all you're doing is proving my earlier point

You didn't make a point, you just called me a name. 

Anyway, i think we've both had enough of this now. 

Just now, Parklife said:

Negative. I'm saying you should be able to engage in debate without resorting to slinging about insults. 

I can assure you, i got it. Think we can agree to disagree now. 

You didn't make a point, you just called me a name. 

Anyway, i think we've both had enough of this now. 

and you should be able to debate without being a condiscending......................

9 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Sounds like the sheep are getting a wee bit anxious before their visit to Ibrox. Fighting amongst themselves. You would think they would be looking forward to their first win at Ibrox in 26 years?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/whats-happened-rangers-last-lost-10426230

Being the Daily Ranger, I presume they don't mention Rangers going bust and a Phoenix club coming back through the leagues since Aberdeen last won at Ibrox?

:P

8 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Sounds like the sheep are getting a wee bit anxious before their visit to Ibrox. Fighting amongst themselves. You would think they would be looking forward to their first win at Ibrox in 26 years?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/whats-happened-rangers-last-lost-10426230

Wow. it's been 26 years? I wish someone had mentioned that. Next you'll be telling me that Neil Simpson fouled a Rangers player once and that Rangers want to sign an Aberdeen player. 

:crazy:

18 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Being the Daily Ranger, I presume they don't mention Rangers going bust and a Phoenix club coming back through the leagues since Aberdeen last won at Ibrox?

:P

Nae idea. I didn't read it. But I suspect you could be right.

5 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Nae idea. I didn't read it. But I suspect you could be right.

I did have a look and was surprised at the mention of the back pass rule not being in place, thought that came about in the 80s!!

Edited by shaggycoo

Just now, shaggycoo said:

I did have a look and was surprised at the mention of the back pass rule not being in place, thought that can about in the 80s!!

My recollection is that it came around after we signed Goram.  I'm sure one of the reasons Smith signed Goram was that the new law was coming in and Goram was better with the ball at his feet than Woods.