Bad day - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

As it says,I'm having a stinker. 

Up at half 5 to get a job done in a school,all went well there,apart from the early start. 

Had to them wait to collect keys for a property that I was meant to be in yesterday to work,but didn't get them because a plumber still had them. 

Eventually got them,started unloading stuff into the flat to get the job started and I've locked myself out of the communal door. 

No one is answering the intercom. 

No one is answering to a chap on the windows. 

The spare keys have all been left upstairs by the letting agency. 

Locksmith cant get the lock open. 

Intercom cant be over ridden from outside. 

Ive now to sit and wait until someone gets home from work,so I can get back in as the flat door is wide to the wall and all my tools are there. 

I've a whole days work to do and potentially won't get started until after 5. 

Its sunny though........

Edited by dandydunn

Guest MorayCupMan
27 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

As it says,I'm having a stinker. 

Up at half 5 to get a job done in a school,all went well there,apart from the early start. 

Had to them wait to collect keys for a property that I was meant to be in yesterday to work,but didn't get them because a plumber still had them. 

Eventually got them,started unloading stuff into the flat to get the job started and I've locked myself out of the communal door. 

No one is answering the intercom. 

No one is answering to a chap on the windows. 

The spare keys have all been left upstairs by the letting agency. 

Locksmith cant get the lock open. 

Intercom cant be over ridden from outside. 

Ive now to sit and wait until someone gets home from work,so I can get back in as the flat door is wide to the wall and all my tools are there. 

I've a whole days work to do and potentially won't get started until after 5. 

Its sunny though........

Get your sun cream on loon.....and stick to the P&J

12 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I'm off to a stinker already. I rolled over and saw the Wife next to me. :(

You've got a wife, we get it. Well done :ok: No need to mention it every 5th post :lol: 

I had a similar thing in Spain last January. We drove into a car park under the apartment block we were staying in, the door closed and wouldn't open without a fob (must have been open by chance from another car coming or going)

we ended up chapping all the doors in the block with no answer. There were clearly people in too. I suppose the story we'd have given them would on face value appear dodgy. Infuriating. 

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Bet you are back out the door within 2-4 hours...max!

Full days works to do my arse. :lol:

I think he is a sparky. So, you are being very generous with the 4 hour timescale. 20 minutes tops I reckon. 

22 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Bet you are back out the door within 2-4 hours...max!

Full days works to do my arse. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I think he is a sparky. So, you are being very generous with the 4 hour timescale. 20 minutes tops I reckon. 

Home now. 

Wired 2 x smoke detectors and a heat detector,replaced light in bathroom,changed over 6 way board,tidied up heating cables into an acceptable joint box and cleaned up behind me. 

About 4 hours work,but would've easily had it last a day if I had to :rollsmile:

9 minutes ago, thplinth said:

This is a massive skive. No way were you sitting outside this flat all day. Totally at it. :lol:

I genuinely was. 

I couldn't go anywhere anyway,our vans are tracked for "insurance purposes" 

Had a helluva sweat in when I was done too,didn't stop,that's not like me :ph34r:

So how would this work?

Drive car to location. 

Lock self out (and then have missus pick you up for day at home babysitting).

Start thread on tamb as 'alibi' and make key posts now and then (for court later if needed).

Mmmm clever. B)

5 minutes ago, thplinth said:

So how would this work?

Drive car to location. 

Lock self out (and then have missus pick you up for day at home babysitting).

Start thread on tamb as 'alibi' and make key posts now and then (for court later if needed).

Mmmm clever. B)

Busted

Apart from one vital thing. 

If I was wanting to spend a glorious day away,I would be golfing,not with the wife :lol:

21 hours ago, Ormond said:

Dinnae start yer pish Son. Every 5th post my erse. Whit is it wae you sheep shaggers and an infatuation with what I post? :lol:

10 hours ago, Ormond said:

Does Parkie know you have a Wife now? :lol:

Sorry if i've upset you :lol: 

Was just having a laugh :)