Concerns over Dundee Utd as a going concern - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Concerns over Dundee Utd as a going concern

5 minutes ago, EddardStark said:

Lets hope this is just  paper talk. Would hate for this club to find itself in the mire. Great club with a proud history, great fans, great owner,

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/15295728.Auditors_warn_of__material_uncertainty__over_Dundee_United_as_a__going_concern_/

Sarcasm? :huh:

I'm not overly concerned, I'm sure it's said this is in the accounts for each of the last fifteen years.  At least we've got audited accounts!

Am also impressed that the debt is down to £1.1m.  If the Andy Robertson money comes in from Hull that should cover more than half of that.  It'll be fine.

Probably.

9 minutes ago, adamntg said:

I'm pretty great to be honest.

I'm not disagreeing, if he's serious. I just thought that The List read: 

1. Dundee Utd
2. Steven Thompson
3. Dundee Utd fans

:lol: 

The warning came in financial documents confirming pre-tax annual losses at The Dundee United Football Company Ltd of £1.55 million following the club's relegation from the Scottish Premiership last season.

The Dundee Utd????

Something they're not telling us????

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Am also impressed that the debt is down to £1.1m.  If the Andy Robertson money comes in from Hull that should cover more than half of that.  It'll be fine.

Is that the player the press are alluding to with the sell on clause? Any idea what % it is?

Hope its sorted in any event- otherwise you'll have to spend your life dealing with Tims that cant understand insolvency law ;)

1 hour ago, Stu101 said:

Is that the player the press are alluding to with the sell on clause? Any idea what % it is?

Hope its sorted in any event- otherwise you'll have to spend your life dealing with Tims that cant understand insolvency law ;)

Variously quoted as 10% to 15%. 

I believe Stuart Armstrong and Ryan Gauld also have sell-ons, at least according to the newspapers. 

54 minutes ago, adamntg said:

Variously quoted as 10% to 15%. 

I believe Stuart Armstrong and Ryan Gauld also have sell-ons, at least according to the newspapers. 

I think there was a chunky sell on for Gauld. Not sure about Armstrong but quite possibly.

3 hours ago, fringo said:

I think there was a chunky sell on for Gauld. Not sure about Armstrong but quite possibly.

I know Gauld is on sale but would he command much of a fee now? He's not actually made any sort of breakthrough as far as I know. 

7 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I know Gauld is on sale but would he command much of a fee now? He's not actually made any sort of breakthrough as far as I know. 

Papers reckon Sporting want their £3m back.  Whether that nets Utd anything, who knows?

1 hour ago, adamntg said:

Papers reckon Sporting want their £3m back.  Whether that nets Utd anything, who knows?

But who'd pay that? 

I haven't a clue how he's been doing over there but he's certainly not been setting the Heather on fire anywhere, so I'd say they'd struggle to recoup that type of fee. 

Unless I've just missed him starring on loan somewhere? 

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

But who'd pay that? 

I haven't a clue how he's been doing over there but he's certainly not been setting the Heather on fire anywhere, so I'd say they'd struggle to recoup that type of fee. 

Unless I've just missed him starring on loan somewhere? 

What they want and they get are probably two different things.

Is this not the official release of the accounts which were publicised in February with the same message released? I guess any club of our size losing 1.5m would be a going concern. In Feb the board said they were taking measures to ensure we did not lose that sort of money this year again regardless - so I hope that is the case. Interesting timing for the article if it was released on Friday ahead if the play off game but its 3 month old news. Maybe the journo is a falkirk man. 

Press releases at time of Armstrong sale stated a sell on clause as part of the deal but it's irrelevant if Celtic sign him up on another deal. Robbo looks more likely - but not sure what hull will want for him. 8m min?