Scotland squad for England game - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland squad for England game

Naranjito82

Let's hope Strachan has spoken to Kenny Miller and asked him to reconsider his international career by selecting him for the England game . The guy has had a great season in a really poor Rangers team . He is a big game player who has scored against England too all be it a friendly , is there such a thing v them ? The guy could be an impact sub with 20 mins to go . When you consider the dumplings that are dragged along to every get together surely Kenny is deserving of his inclusion . 

12 minutes ago, Naranjito82 said:

Nope 

Ok. Well, one month and 21 days ago was April fools day. 

Regarding your original post, Kenny Miller has retired from international football and for a good reason. As decent as he was for us, asking him to come out of retirement (I seriously doubt he would consider it anyway) would hardly have England quaking in their boots. 

He was a good player for us but he was hardly Kenny Dalglish or Denis Law.

If only I wasn't so lazy I would have worked the calendar back so thanks for clarifying . You have to play players who are in top of their game and confident . I just felt Miller could offer us something . Chris Martin (goal aside) Steven fletcher (scoring v Gibraltar) and Leigh Griffiths hardly inspiring in the dark blue . I think Miller should have been asked the question by wee Gordon . Ps the last player to have us out of our seats but nowhere near the levels of Law and Dalglish was James McFadden. 

58 minutes ago, Naranjito82 said:

If only I wasn't so lazy I would have worked the calendar back so thanks for clarifying . You have to play players who are in top of their game and confident . I just felt Miller could offer us something . Chris Martin (goal aside) Steven fletcher (scoring v Gibraltar) and Leigh Griffiths hardly inspiring in the dark blue . I think Miller should have been asked the question by wee Gordon . Ps the last player to have us out of our seats but nowhere near the levels of Law and Dalglish was James McFadden. 

Sad but very true.

52 minutes ago, Naranjito82 said:

Well you did say you didn't know what he was talking about. 

Asking Miller to come out of retirement would be a step backwards. The guy is 37 ffs. 

What does McFadden have to do with it? Are you suggesting Strachan should call him up as well? At least he's younger than Miller I suppose. ?

12 hours ago, Naranjito82 said:

England asked Defoe back from obscurity and scored despite h being past it . 

There's a few differences though. 

Rooney and Kane were injured. Our first choice strikers are fit. 

Defoe is 34, Miller is 37. 

England were playing Lithuania. We are playing England. 

Defoe still wants to play for England. Miller has retired from international football. 

If I wasn't so lazy I could probably think of a few more reasons why your idea is terrible.