David moyes - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Rotten manager.

Said it a hundred times before and I'll say it a hundred times again. Moyes was a fraud. Has his teams playing a pish, boring long ball game. Favours height and strength over skill and fitness. Got fooled more than a few times in the transfer market at great cost. Has a mighty high opinion of himself too.

Just because "Sir Alex" is your pal it doesn't make you a great manager. Remember that "Sir Alex" has in the past given his personal seal of approval to football geniuses such as Carlos Queiroz, Mike Phelan, Ricky Spragia and René Meulensteen.

Keep Moyes well away from the Scotland job.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

10 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Rotten manager.

Said it a hundred times before and I'll say it a hundred times again. Moyes was a fraud. Has his teams playing a pish, boring long ball game. Favours height and strength over skill and fitness. Got fooled more than a few times in the transfer market at great cost. Has a mighty high opinion of himself too.

I thought he was lucky to make it through "slapgate" the reporters sex was irrelevant, it was a veiled threat and showed him as a bully 

Edited by dan cake

Amazingly I read today he still has another two years from now to run on his original Man Utd manager contract (6 years!).... funny how fast things change.

A few years ago when he was at Everton folk correctly dismissed him as unobtainable as Scotland manager due to wages etc. Now he will probably looking at the Scotland job as a chance to reset his footballing reputation like McLeish did and or get one last job before retirement / media work like Strachan is.

I would rather we go for someone up and coming looking to use Scotland to showcase their skills not someone on the way down trying to revive them.

Edited by thplinth

Worst player ever to pull on an Accies shirt ..and that's saying something

There was a time though when i did think he might be a good manager - His time at Preston and early days with Everton - and he was Ferguson's choice for the Man Utd job

But yes - in the main i have thought he was a bit of a charlatan

He might be a good coach and just pish at recognising talent and signings

54 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Worst player ever to pull on an Accies shirt ..and that's saying something

There was a time though when i did think he might be a good manager - His time at Preston and early days with Everton - and he was Ferguson's choice for the Man Utd job

But yes - in the main i have thought he was a bit of a charlatan

He might be a good coach and just pish at recognising talent and signings

Which goes to show that Ferguson wasn't always as good judge of ability as the media or he himself thinks he is.

There was also time when he wanted Carlos Queiroz to succeed him.

11 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Rotten manager.

Just because "Sir Alex" is your pal it doesn't make you a great manager. Remember that "Sir Alex" has in the past given his personal seal of approval to football geniuses such as Carlos Queiroz, Mike Phelan, Ricky Spragia and René Meulensteen.

Keep Moyes well away from the Scotland job.

Me and you appear to have always agreed on this. ;)

11 hours ago, dan cake said:

I thought he was lucky to make it through "slapgate" the reporters sex was irrelevant, it was a veiled threat and showed him as a bully 

Not sure that's accurate. 

The reporter laughed it off at the time and says she always knew it was a joke. 

Seems to have been intended as a joke and taken as such until a third party decided to be offended for the reporter. 

Not saying it was ok to say, just don't agree that it was a threat, veiled or otherwise. 

11 hours ago, dan cake said:

Did ye, aye? 

On 4/4/2017 at 0:07 AM, dan cake said:

i doubt it would be an issue if sunderland weren't in the bottom three 

He will certainly not get a Premiership job any time soon (maybe the Wolves job at best?) and can very easily see him taking a step back with a eye of either getting a job round about new year time.

The Scotland job might interest him, as I doubt Strachan will stay beyond October..... take a leaf out of Ecks book.... do that for a campaign until dust has settled, then jump for the first Premiership job once it comes along.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Not sure that's accurate. 

The reporter laughed it off at the time and says she always knew it was a joke. 

Seems to have been intended as a joke and taken as such until a third party decided to be offended for the reporter. 

Not saying it was ok to say, just don't agree that it was a threat, veiled or otherwise. 

i disagree, i doubt many would get away with his "banter" in their place of work

24 minutes ago, Stewart_Aberdeen said:

Sorry thought we were still discussing Moyes.

I'd have you and your brother managing Aberdeen before Moyes. 

7 hours ago, dan cake said:

i disagree, i doubt many would get away with his "banter" in their place of work

Sorry, now you're just sounding ridiculous. Banter like this goes on in most works. 

In some of the teams that work out in the field for us this would be regarded as an expression of undying love. 

Your workplace must be a humourless hell hole of political correctness. 

It's a difficult one. That banter might take place regularly and in 22 years with Tesco I saw a lot of banter which was a bit tasty but tolerated between the 2 parties who would enjoy the laugh. The problem arises as soon as someone tells the teacher, and I have seen people sacked over exactly the Moyes type of comment. I had to be very careful as I was a Manager and I had to be able to deny that I had heard anything untoward. Took a few people aside to explain this to them. Distinctly remember asking some folk to tone it down in public a bit and being branded a killjoy until one ended up with a final written warning for making a comment about a lassies bum.

Statistically Sunderland's worst ever manager and certainly the worst I've seen there. I was so full of hope when he came in and would love to see a Scottish manager do well there but he has been more than terrible. 

He managed to alienate his best players so much that allegedly 2 of them refused to play against Chelsea on Sunday, I hope they follow him out the door too. 

2 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

It's a difficult one. That banter might take place regularly and in 22 years with Tesco I saw a lot of banter which was a bit tasty but tolerated between the 2 parties who would enjoy the laugh. The problem arises as soon as someone tells the teacher, and I have seen people sacked over exactly the Moyes type of comment. I had to be very careful as I was a Manager and I had to be able to deny that I had heard anything untoward. Took a few people aside to explain this to them. Distinctly remember asking some folk to tone it down in public a bit and being branded a killjoy until one ended up with a final written warning for making a comment about a lassies bum.

That is why you have to know your audience before indulging in banter as both parties might be fine with what is being said but a 3rd party that goes unnoticed or just enters the area could take offence and take what they hear further.