Squad v England - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad v England

robbo cop

Disappointed to see Oliver Burke left out of squad to play England. Not saying I would start with him but could have been great as a sub if needed with his pace. Cannot see Ryan Fraser starting such an important game which means if we do have a winger it is likely to be Forest, who in my opinion is just not good enough.

Surprised Rhodes was not kept in the squad at least as he is as capable as anyone to grab a goal.

Strachan has already explained why Burke wasn't picked and I can understand where he's coming from. I also think we need experienced players for this one so I'm not too bothered that Burke misses out. 

Strachan barely picked Rhodes when he was starting and banging in the goals so I'm not surprised he's not in either. 

To be fair, nothing Strachan does surprises me any more. Having said that, I'm pretty happy with his squad this time with the exception of McGregor. There's no way Strachan would have started him though so him not being in the squad doesn't make too much of a difference.

I think most managers would have had him in the squad though. He certainly deserves a call up I think.