Manchester Arena Explosion - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Manchester Arena Explosion

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Most terrorism experts believe it wont just be a lone wolf mainly because of the type of bomb used 

Lone wolf to detonate it - but assistants to make such a device

Is it too early and too cynical to say it's came at the right time for Theresa ?

Early maybe cynical no, certainly seems to fall in time again. Had the same thought myself this morning. The Tories will use this to win votes without a doubt.

Where will this end? This is going to be a struggle the rest of our lives,, so messed up, i started a thread on here a good few years ago regarding immigration and future troubles which may follow if unchecked, i was slaughtered for it and maybe justifiably as it may have came across pretty right of centre,, but my concerns were real and i can see how people could get swept away in a wave of fear and retaliate,,, i see so much right wing drivel from Britain first ect floating about that, personally i think its only a matter of time before a retaliation incident occurs, after that it will be hard to stop the ball rolling   

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

Exactly what I said this morning. As horrible as last night was in Manchester, the thousands of children who have died at the hands of Western bullying goes totally unnoticed. :(

It goes unnoticed because it is in a land two time zones away. Attacks like last night you regularly see in busy areas in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. But not on your own doorstep.

3 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

It goes unnoticed because it is in a land two time zones away. Attacks like last night you regularly see in busy areas in Tel Aviv and Jerusalem. But not on your own doorstep.

It goes unnoticed because they are not white and Christian. I remember the pray for Sydney stuff to counter your point.

Guest flumax
33 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Where will this end? This is going to be a struggle the rest of our lives,,....... 

I think people would have said the same about the troubles, ETA, etc. Society got there (sorta) 

50 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Where will this end? This is going to be a struggle the rest of our lives,, so messed up, i started a thread on here a good few years ago regarding immigration and future troubles which may follow if unchecked, i was slaughtered for it and maybe justifiably as it may have came across pretty right of centre,, but my concerns were real and i can see how people could get swept away in a wave of fear and retaliate,,, i see so much right wing drivel from Britain first ect floating about that, personally i think its only a matter of time before a retaliation incident occurs, after that it will be hard to stop the ball rolling   

It's got fvck all to do with immigration.   The guy was born and brought up in Manchester. 

A starting point might be trying to understand why young men - because they are generally young men - get either radicalised, indoctrinated or are just plain deluded into thinking that killing themselves and taking as many people with them as possible is a positive life choice.

To me there's very little difference between these guys and right wing nuts jobs in the US who shoot up a  school or a shopping mall.  All that's different is the "excuse" of the ideology. 

Guest flumax
Just now, aaid said:

It's got fvck all to do with immigration.   The guy was born and brought up in Manchester. 

A starting point might be trying to understand why young men - because they are generally young men - get either radicalised, indoctrinated or are just plain deluded into thinking that killing themselves and taking as many people with them as possible is a positive life choice.

To me there's very little difference between these guys and right wing nuts jobs in the US who shoot up a  school or a shopping mall.  All that's different is the "excuse" of the ideology. 

Quite right. 8% UK is foreign born. 13% UK born are none white ethnicity, not everyone is a threat just a few marginalised nut jobs. Could say all Scots are threats based on the action of the likes of Thomas Hamilton, Peter tobin, Ian Brady, Bible John who are simply  marginalised pathetic individual who wanted to take it out on others. 

9 minutes ago, aaid said:

Totally agree.

hampden_loon in talking right-wing, insular, rubbish yet again shocker !

Annoys me when people seem to think that immigration is something new to the UK.

Where some of my folks lived in 1911 - Portugal St, Gorbals - there were according to the census Irish, Poles, Germans, Russians and Italians living in the same building as them. You'd also find plenty of sailors from the Indian subcontinent in the boarding houses of Greenock and Port Glasgow.

Finlay J. MacDonald's memoirs recall with affection the small troop of Asian travelling salesmen of the 1930s Western isles who were well liked by the native islanders.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

2 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

hampden_loon in talking right-wing, insular, rubbish yet again shocker !

Annoys me when people seem to think that immigration is something new to the UK.

Where some of my folks lived in 1911 - Portugal St, Gorbals - there were according to the census Irish, Poles, Germans, Russians and Italians living in the same building as them. You'd also find plenty of sailors from the Indian subcontinent in the boarding houses of Greenock and Port Glasgow.

Finlay J. MacDonald's memoirs recall with affection the small troop of Asian travelling salesmen of the 1930s Western isles who were well liked by the native islanders.

Hardly talking right wing rubbish, i know my history so you dont need to patronise me with your little history lesson, take what i said and turn it whatever way you like,,please yer sell

Operation Temperer activated - Army supporting Police - and security level changed from severe to critical

Dont want to be pernickety but should that no have happened 48 hours or so ago ?

26 minutes ago, aaid said:

Wow. Thanks for the insights. Up there with the serial killer comparison.

6 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Hardly talking right wing rubbish, i know my history so you dont need to patronise me with your little history lesson, take what i said and turn it whatever way you like,,please yer sell

Alright then I will turn it the way I like.

Perhaps you could leave your small town world and prejudices and go out and meet a few "New Scots" ?  They don't bite and they love Scotland too. People who aren't from Scotland originally but came and settled here are not sitting there plotting to murder us in our beds and take over the place you know. :rolleyes:

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Such a sad day after the terrible events last night. Many lives lost, many families shattered.

I would expect to see security ramped up a notch for the England game, as this would be a huge opportunity for some nut job

10 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

And you accuse me of lacking class.

9 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Away ye go ya fann,y.

Not only am I a fan of the vast majority of your posts Ormond, but I am also usually an advocate of finding humour in adversity.

However, on this occasion Scooby is bang on. Poor form. Just my opinion.

Just now, Marky said:

Not only am I a fan of the vast majority of your posts Ormond, but I am also usually an advocate of finding humour in adversity.

However, on this occasion Scooby is bang on. Poor form. Just my opinion.

It was mere wordplay on how a Dundonian would pronounce the word everybody. Jings, the last thing I'd set out to do would be to tarnish the horror of what happened last night to bairns. :(

3 minutes ago, Ormond said:

It was mere wordplay on how a Dundonian would pronounce the word everybody. Jings, the last thing I'd set out to do would be to tarnish the horror of what happened last night to bairns. :(

Not for one minute suggesting there was any malice in it.

Just badly timed. 

10 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I just got it !

5 hours ago, Ormond said:

Feck all wrong with what you said. :ok: