Manchester Arena Explosion - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Manchester Arena Explosion

8 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Alright then I will turn it the way I like.

Perhaps you could leave your small town world and prejudices and go out and meet a few "New Scots" ?  They don't bite and they love Scotland too. People who aren't from Scotland originally but came and settled here are not sitting there plotting to murder us in our beds and take over the place you know. :rolleyes:

WTF are you on,,calm doon, take a steop back and get a grip

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Morrisey's take on it

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/may/23/morrissey-attacks-politicians-and-the-queen-over-manchester-terrorism-response

My own personal feelings are of resignation. I think our politicians don't have the vision or capability to sort out these problems. I can't bear to watch the news. Sick of reporters and the coverage which is on a continuous loop. Sick of the scare tactics and continued conditioning of the public into feeling fearful about stepping outside. I spent the whole day in the garden with my granddaughter yesterday feeling thankful I had the opportunity to do this. The human tradegy of some of those images of the victims from Manchester are just so hard to absorb. RIP to the victims.

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Were we still looking for evidence that the guy is a bellend? 

Morrissey has always been a bit of a dick.   I wish I could remember the exact quote but Johnny Marr said something recently about him.  

It was in an interview promoting his recent autobiography and he was asked about the Smiths reforming, which he nixed, and he made a passing comment about how Morrisey's "strange view of Englishness" had gotten a bit more extreme.

34 minutes ago, aaid said:

Morrissey has always been a bit of a dick.   I wish I could remember the exact quote but Johnny Marr said something recently about him.  

It was in an interview promoting his recent autobiography and he was asked about the Smiths reforming, which he nixed, and he made a passing comment about how Morrisey's "strange view of Englishness" had gotten a bit more extreme.

That doesn't surprise me. In his statement he does come out with the classic line that all racists use in an attempt to project their views on to everyone else: 

“In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private,”

45 minutes ago, aaid said:

I dont know why anyone is surprised to be honest - I dont think Johnny was 

Morrissey is the ultimate self loather

He hates himself as much as he hates everyone else

Watching the UK fall off into a hard brexit abyss would be something he would revel in

PS They are still my favourite band

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Correct. 

Right or wrong, it's natural to focus on geographical and cultural areas closer to you.  I wouldn't expect local newspapers to carry as main headlines whatever the worst thing in the whole world was yesterday.  

The fact is we do know there are terrible things happening to young children in Syria and elsewhere.  There is some courageous reporting going on all the time. 

12 hours ago, Ormond said:

It goes unnoticed because they are not white...

How do you reconcile that view to the thousands of white girls gang raped in Rotherham and other towns in Britain by Asian / Muslim gangs? Even when they went to the police with their parents to report it they were ignored and brushed aside. Even now it is still going on. Seems to me in Britain at least it is the opposite.

The real distinction now seems to between Sunni and Shia Children. Sunni children deaths baaaaad, Shia children deaths pffft who gives a... 

Oh wait Morrisey is a racist and khunt because he has views you don't like... geee never saw that coming. This is why folk will just stop listening to you and engaging with you and just vote tory or worse. One trick ponies.

He should have said he was a nurse and just made up a pile of shite... ;)

Edited by thplinth

56 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Right or wrong, it's natural to focus on geographical and cultural areas closer to you.  I wouldn't expect local newspapers to carry as main headlines whatever the worst thing in the whole world was yesterday.  

The fact is we do know there are terrible things happening to young children in Syria and elsewhere.  There is some courageous reporting going on all the time. 

It's not the fact it's reported less. It's the fact that it's not reported by the UK media at all. It's a bugbear of mine. I get the fact that things geographically closer will have more significance. However, the wide reporting of any incident in USA or, as Ormond has pointed out, Australia, shows that it's not a geographical thing.

51 minutes ago, thplinth said:

The real distinction now seems to between Sunni and Shia Children. Sunni children deaths baaaaad, Shia children deaths pffft who gives a... 

I care about everyone who's murdered. Whether they are Sunni, Shia, Christian, Buddhist or Atheist. 

41 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Oh wait Morrisey is a racist and khunt because he has views you don't like... geee never saw that coming. This is why folk will just stop listening to you and engaging with you and just vote tory or worse. One trick ponies.

He should have said he was a nurse and just made up a pile of shite... ;)

Nah, Morrisey has shown himself to be a whank for quite a while. I said he was doing the classic tactic of a racist and attempting to claim he was "only saying what everyone thinks", when he's doing no such thing. He's saying what he thinks. 

1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

PS They are still my favourite band

Mine too but even back in the day I never bought into the whole "Morrisey is God" mantra.  JM on the other hand...

46 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's not the fact it's reported less. It's the fact that it's not reported by the UK media at all. It's a bugbear of mine. I get the fact that things geographically closer will have more significance. However, the wide reporting of any incident in USA or, as Ormond has pointed out, Australia, shows that it's not a geographical thing.

I care about everyone who's murdered. Whether they are Sunni, Shia, Christian, Buddhist or Atheist. 

Nah, Morrisey has shown himself to be a whank for quite a while. I said he was doing the classic tactic of a racist and attempting to claim he was "only saying what everyone thinks", when he's doing no such thing. He's saying what he thinks. 

I do get it and empathise with the point of view that all life is sacred and equal, I do feel the high and mightiness can be taken a bit far though.  It just takes me back to the Glasgow helicopter crash and some folk getting haughty going...XXX number of folk died in somewhereastan last night and you just think, aye nae bother mate.  wearisome.  It's literally not possible to 'grieve' for want of a better word for everybody.  And I do think Australia is clearly culturally linked to the UK; therefore something that happens there you would expect to be covered more closely than something in Surinam.  Geography is not the only factor.

I think everyone in the western world knows Syria is an absolute clusterdump of evil at the moment. We want something done about it but we have parts of our community that rage about what's going on and in the same breath rage that we're involved.  To put an end to the Nazi's we bombed the hell out of Munich, Gdansk, Berlin.  These were not without evil consequences.  To be honest, I don't know what's right other than surely the powers can come to some agreement to stop the evil. I also feel that conspiracy theories are unlikely.  Is it not possible that the Western powers are genuinely trying to stop the conflict?  We've made many terrible decisions in the past but every intervention needn't be second guessed all the time.  

You know what, i'm not even  sure i agree with what i'm saying.  It's just so complicated, it's hard to be strident about it.

38 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

I do get it and empathise with the point of view that all life is sacred and equal, I do feel the high and mightiness can be taken a bit far though.  It just takes me back to the Glasgow helicopter crash and some folk getting haughty going...XXX number of folk died in somewhereastan last night and you just think, aye nae bother mate.  wearisome.  It's literally not possible to 'grieve' for want of a better word for everybody.  And I do think Australia is clearly culturally linked to the UK; therefore something that happens there you would expect to be covered more closely than something in Surinam.  Geography is not the only factor.

I think everyone in the western world knows Syria is an absolute clusterdump of evil at the moment. We want something done about it but we have parts of our community that rage about what's going on and in the same breath rage that we're involved.  To put an end to the Nazi's we bombed the hell out of Munich, Gdansk, Berlin.  These were not without evil consequences.  To be honest, I don't know what's right other than surely the powers can come to some agreement to stop the evil. I also feel that conspiracy theories are unlikely.  Is it not possible that the Western powers are genuinely trying to stop the conflict?  We've made many terrible decisions in the past but every intervention needn't be second guessed all the time.  

You know what, i'm not even  sure i agree with what i'm saying.  It's just so complicated, it's hard to be strident about it.

38 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Middle East experts and military experts said if you remove Saddam and Gaddafi you will create a power vacuum which will eventually be filled with psychotic factions who will wreak havoc. Our government chose to go ahead. We are now paying the price we were warned about. Sadly it's going to go on for the foreseeable future. 

Heartbreaking. 

Edited by Och Aye

20 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

Middle East experts and military experts said if you remove Saddam and Gaddafi you will create a power vacuum which will eventually be filled with psychotic factions who will wreak havoc. Our government chose to go ahead. We are now paying the price we were warned about. Sadly it's going to go on for the foreseeable future. 

Heartbreaking. 

Now they are determined on removing Assad. Although they've created that power vacuum in parts of Syria already. 

The Middle East is being very deliberately Balkanised. They have went after every secular reasonably advanced country and reduced them to tribal hellholes. One by one. All deliberate as is the so called refugee crisis. Their goals are numerous. Yinon is clearly one but also they see it as a way to attack Russia also. And destabilise the EU and possibly cause it to fragment. It also is driving the electorates of the west into the arms of the islamophobic right. Notice how the heat is off Israel these days... It is all working.

Iran was also a victim. First they deposed the PM for the shah and then they deposed him with the ayatollah. The shah said if you look under his beard it says Made in London. The British organised the Iranian revolution. Once you realise that you realise that this has been going on for a long time now. They are very methodically destroying these countries. The refugee crisis is very much part of the plan.

GMP say they are now confident they have the ID's of all the victims

Families have been informed and names will be released to media when the Coroner decides

What happens if someone is still missing when there have been all these free unregistered taxi rides ?

14 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

GMP say they are now confident they have the ID's of all the victims

Families have been informed and names will be released to media when the Coroner decides

What happens if someone is still missing when there have been all these free unregistered taxi rides ?

I must admit that the same thing crossed my mind today. It's sick but it was an ideal opportunity for an abduction

8 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

I must admit that the same thing crossed my mind today. It's sick but it was an ideal opportunity for an abduction

If someone has done that and gets caught then I don't think they'd last five minutes inside. 

17 minutes ago, Fugitive said:

Jails full of sick people. The Moors murderers lived to old age inside.

True, but Brady in particular spent the bulk of his time in a secure psychiatric which is a bit different.

Guest flumax
1 hour ago, Ally Bongo said:

Fair point.  I hope authorities monitor all taxi drivers from now on in. There will be bad apples out there and because you can't be sure who is a genuine taxi driver and who is a child abductor, every last one of them should be presumed guilty until innocent. I would revoke licences until then, clamp down on em,i say. String em up. You'll get it wrong sometimes, but it's a price worth paying to get the bad guys amongst them. Especially those British born of English origins/heritage, shifty I tell you. In fact anyone who drives for a living, truckers... Look at that bloke in Suffolk... No change that, target all drivers period, kids get bundled in to cars all the time. Better safe than sorry. 

*not aimed at you Ally, just applying the straw man leap used for stopping immigration refugees seeking asylum.