Manchester Arena Explosion - Page 6 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Manchester Arena Explosion

2 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Bile ?

"left wing refugee hugging terrorist sympathizer types"

Pretty obvious what your getting at.

"Refugee hugging" eh ? I suppose the people who took in kids from the Spanish Civil War and the Kindertransport project wouldn't meet with your approval :rolleyes: And you have some brass neck to complain about refugees. You are an immigrant yourself in a country that was stolen from it's native people.

And as for "terrorist sympathizer types" what most people agree on here is that this is a time for calm heads and restraint, not retaliation or persecution of the UK Muslim's. They are not the enemy. Rather as has been said it's a small select group of radicalising agents who prey on wayward young men and women, some of whom are mentally ill. We trust the police and intelligence services to carefully target these select individuals not entire communities.

What's your bright idea then, eh Enoch ? Deport the entire Muslim population who have done nothing wrong perhaps ? Or maybe make them wear big ID badges or something ?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Your maybe not as well read as you like to make out for a Guardianista ; since you quoted Enoch Powell 

Quoted Powell ? I did no such thing.

And I don't read the Guardian or any newspaper for that matter. Politically I'm a boring moderate centrist.

Funny how you didn't bother to dispute any of my points either. 

7 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

With no news yet i'm still holding out hope for the other wee girl from Barra

The odds are not good particularly how badly her friend was injured and it's a fair assumption that they were together at the time

It is possible the family already know but the longer there is no news there might be a chance she isnt gone

Sadly it has been confirmed she has died 

5 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Sorry mentioned powell not quoted

am on an iphone with limited data plan

dont need to contest a whataboutery history lessom rho

Don't worry about him, he thinks glasgow is the greatest city in the world.

The burka should be banned. Some arab and persian lassies are absolute honeys and should be showing as much as they can. Islam, as a religion, is completely backwards in its treatment of women, other religions, homosexuality, animals etc. ( and don't give me all this 'christains done this' pish, Idgaf ). Really what the western countries should do is either stop selling arms to one lot (preferably) or arm them all equally then stand back and watch them kill each other out of existence.

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Don't worry about him, he thinks glasgow is the greatest city in the world.

The burka should be banned. Some arab and persian lassies are absolute honeys and should be showing as much as they can. Islam, as a religion, is completely backwards in its treatment of women, other religions, homosexuality, animals etc. ( and don't give me all this 'christains done this' pish, Idgaf ). Really what the western countries should do is either stop selling arms to one lot (preferably) or arm them all equally then stand back and watch them kill each other out of existence.

:rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Really what the western countries should do is either stop selling arms to one lot (preferably) or arm them all equally then stand back and watch them kill each other out of existence.

Example #59597875478789654796 of you being an idiot. 

You're too thick to realise that 99% the "lot" you refer to are just ordinary folk, trying to go about their normal business and live their life. Everyone isn't sitting in their house plotting conflict and murder. 

Yet you want folk to "kill each other out of existence". 

4 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I wiill likely be off this forum soon as seems less normal folk these days and more preachy pseudo intelligent left leaning twats 

Yourself being case im point

'Centrist', aye.

8 hours ago, Ormond said:

They're not doing it because they believe in the burka or not. That's just a convienent excuse for them to hide from saying they are anti muslim. <_<

It's nothing more than fear which is something I can understand. People are lashing out because they are afraid. I know a few local people who are taking their kids to an all day pop concert at Wembley in two weeks. Some of them are now uneasy and in some cases scared to go. I understand that but none of them are lashing out.

bizarrly it's people I know from Scotland who are lashing out on social media, none of them are really friends but I would never have expected such a right wing reaction from them.

7 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

In the same way after 7/7 bombings the left wing refugee hugging terrorist sympathizer types appear peddling their crap whilst folk are still trying to find their kids

Get a grip 

There's a significant undercurrent across the country that is very difficult to engage with. On the surface, it's racism but really I think it's ignorance. I think people have legitimate concerns but it's also very difficult to talk about immigrants without either sounding racist or being accused of racism. Sure, some are out and out racist, but the majority are reasonably airing concerns in the absence of any clear information to educate them. Unfortunately, our right-wing media/press only fuel this ignorance, deliberately, making it harder to reverse the cultural ignorance. I genuinely have no idea how we fix it. Depressing.

13 hours ago, kumnio said:

Yet more stuff leaked to American media. There must be questions over this.

It's not just American News, it's over here too. Someone is leading the news it seems for reasons unknown

1 hour ago, Auld_Reekie said:

There's a significant undercurrent across the country that is very difficult to engage with. On the surface, it's racism but really I think it's ignorance. I think people have legitimate concerns but it's also very difficult to talk about immigrants without either sounding racist or being accused of racism. Sure, some are out and out racist, but the majority are reasonably airing concerns in the absence of any clear information to educate them. Unfortunately, our right-wing media/press only fuel this ignorance, deliberately, making it harder to reverse the cultural ignorance. I genuinely have no idea how we fix it. Depressing.

I think there's a lot of truth in that.  Not just the right wing media and press fuelling that though.  

2 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

The burka should be banned. Some arab and persian lassies are absolute honeys and should be showing as much as they can. Islam, as a religion, is completely backwards in its treatment of women,

Gotta love it.

6 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

I wiill likely be off this forum soon as seems less normal folk these days and more preachy pseudo intelligent left leaning twats 

Yourself being case im point

bye bye, don;t let the door hit you on the way out

1 minute ago, phart said:

It's not just American News, it's over here too. Someone is leading the news it seems for reasons unknown

From what I understand, the UK media are reporting what's been in the US media, specifically the NY Times.  

I'd speculate that the reasons are either anti-Trump elements with the FBI, CIA or whatever, looking to embarrass Trump or alternatively people within the Trump administration that just can't keep their mouth shut, as that seems to be a bit of a theme.  Maybe they think by giving the NYT some juicy info they can buy a bit of credit on domestic matters.

1 minute ago, aaid said:

From what I understand, the UK media are reporting what's been in the US media, specifically the NY Times.  

I'd speculate that the reasons are either anti-Trump elements with the FBI, CIA or whatever, looking to embarrass Trump or alternatively people within the Trump administration that just can't keep their mouth shut, as that seems to be a bit of a theme.  Maybe they think by giving the NYT some juicy info they can buy a bit of credit on domestic matters.

Someone has leaked pictures to UK news as well.

2 minutes ago, phart said:

Someone has leaked pictures to UK news as well.

The stuff I've seen, detonator, backpack, shrapnel, etc. that is on the BBC website - and which I've just soiled myself by looking at the Daily Mail to check if that was the same - is the stuff that was originally in the NYT.

You can quite legitimately question why UK media outlets are covering this though.