Next Manager - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Next Manager

kumnio

I think it would take a major hammering off England for Strachan to walk (ie 5-0....). If he was going to do it, he would have done it after Wembley, but after the Slovenia result he has got himself until the end of the campaign.

Article seems to be based on the assumption that if Strachan was to walk after the England game, then Moyes would get the job based on him being the biggest name available at the moment and fact his stock in England is rock bottom just now, would not read anything to much into it (now, if he is still available in October, then there might be some truth to this)

4 minutes ago, MorayCupMan said:

I would take Allardyce as manager....... if Strachan was to go that is....

Its one of those cases where you scoff it at first, but at the back of your mind you are thinking "actually would take him ahead of Moyes!".... but end of the day its would be walking on very thin ice for the SFA and one of those cases that it would take a very brave man from them to even go down that road.

Guest MorayCupMan
Just now, wanderer said:

Its one of those cases where you scoff it at first, but at the back of your mind you are thinking "actually would take him ahead of Moyes!".... but end of the day its would be walking on very thin ice for the SFA and one of those cases that it would take a very brave man from them to even go down that road.

Allardyce has a fairly good record where ever he has been ....he'd soon sort out those central defenders aswell.....Its not pretty football on the eye that his teams play, we all know that, (But I'm kinda used watching that anyway)..but it always seems to be effective...I would take him over any other Scottish manager just now unless Fergie came out of retirement...

25 minutes ago, wanderer said:

There would be no risk in appointing Allardyce as manager.

14 minutes ago, MorayCupMan said:

Allardyce has a fairly good record where ever he has been ....he'd soon sort out those central defenders aswell.....Its not pretty football on the eye that his teams play, we all know that, (But I'm kinda used watching that anyway)..but it always seems to be effective...I would take him over any other Scottish manager just now unless Fergie came out of retirement...

I'm not convinced anyone can sort out our central defence at the moment, we just haven't got the players in that position.

i can see us playing OK against England but it's hard to see us stopping them scoring if the lines of Kane and Alli are interested. Even the likes of Sturridge and Wellbeck will score easily against our centre halfs. England don't have to play well, they've just got to wait for their chances which will come. As ever, I hope I'm wrong.

I'd take allardyce in a heartbeat. Solid football manager for teams relatively short on talent. One of the best. The downside would be he would take the granny rule to its extremes to get players in. Not sure I care anymore. If everyone else does it and we don't that is stupid. I think he manages to get the respect of the players he manages, part of his success no doubt. 10 x better than moyes as a choice for us IMHO. He is also not negative like moyes and strachan. Hard edged realist but not a door fhecker. Got some impressive wins with palace this season.

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Scottish fitba' truly is fecked when fans of our National team want that whankk Allardyce in charge. :(

Right no matter what you claim I am taking that personally. :lol:

allardyce has set himself up perfectly. He will have all the relegation candidates next season queuing up at his door to save them now he has 'retired'. He will pick the best one and get another few years in the EPL. 

24 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Right no matter what you claim I am taking that personally. :lol:

allardyce has set himself up perfectly. He will have all the relegation candidates next season queuing up at his door to save them now he has 'retired'. He will pick the best one and get another few years in the EPL. 

But the kwunt canny use the transfer window. This is international fitbaw man.  Yes... International fitbaw is less important than club but its still our team ken..  

Typical Daily Mail pish. 

He would be interested? How do they know? There's not a single quote from Moyes saying he's interested. 

As for Allardyce? There's more chance of the Pope being the next Rangers manager. 

Guest MorayCupMan
1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Scottish fitba' truly is fecked when fans of our National team want that whankk Allardyce in charge. :(

So who would you recommend then when/if strachan goes then ? 

Guest MorayCupMan
Just now, Ormond said:

Tommy Wright.

No denying tommy wright is a good solid choice .....but over allardyce....nae chance