Scottish second sight - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

20 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

As a nipper, I once woke up in the middle of the night and Bernard Cribbins was sitting on my bedroom floor.  It was incredibly real and I was so scared at the time I just hid under the covers and eventually fell asleep again.  Anyway, point being, I very much doubt that Bernard's very busy Jackanory schedule would have permitted him a night off solely for the purpose of siting on my bedroom floor.  If it had been a non-descript figure, I would probably still be believing today that I'd see a ghost. The fact that I saw Bernhard and he clearly wasn't there just highlighted to me why people believe they've seen such things but actually haven't. 

Would love it all to be true.....but sadly, I really don't think it is.

Have you called the Operation Yewtree hotline about this?

1 hour ago, Eisegerwind said:

The more backward and uneducated a society is the greater the belief in this sort of shtie. It's nothing to be proud of.

Its nothing serious, the board is all political now, though i would add something "light" to discuss, take a chill pill, folk wonder why there are less posters on this board now

Guest MorayCupMan
2 hours ago, aljay said:

Have you called the Operation Yewtree hotline about this?

haha.... what a beauty 

49 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Its nothing serious, the board is all political now, though i would add something "light" to discuss, take a chill pill, folk wonder why there are less posters on this board now

Really? I thought that had been well answered.

The Admin are up their own arses.
Moderation is shite.
The good posters have all left (no offence etc...)
It's all the fault of the new format.
Quoting on a mobile is 3rd world technology.
Too many Huns/SheepShaggers/Tims (deleted/add/complain as appropriate.
Scotland are shite.
Too much politics.
SNPBad.

23 hours ago, SMcoolJ said:

As a nipper, I once woke up in the middle of the night and Bernard Cribbins was sitting on my bedroom floor.  It was incredibly real and I was so scared at the time I just hid under the covers and eventually fell asleep again.

#yewtree

Aljay beat me to it

Edited by Mitre

2 hours ago, Flure said:

Really? I thought that had been well answered.

The Admin are up their own arses.
Moderation is shite.
The good posters have all left (no offence etc...)
It's all the fault of the new format.
Quoting on a mobile is 3rd world technology.
Too many Huns/SheepShaggers/Tims (deleted/add/complain as appropriate.
Scotland are shite.
Too much politics.
SNPBad.

Was replying to a specific post not in general, just though it came across angry, maybe im just a "snowflake" ?

3 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Was replying to a specific post not in general, just though it came across angry, maybe im just a "snowflake" ?

I thought my reply was a reasonable one to post vis-a-vis your comment "folk wonder why there are less posters on this board now ".

On 25/05/2017 at 6:53 AM, hampden_loon2878 said:

I had a very similar experience, i would have added it to my starter post but knew i would be ridiculed haha,, my on off girl freind from my childhood who was my my closest friend i ever had was killed in a car crash,, the night it happened (before i knew anything) i had a very strange dream, basically i had murdered my friend. I was woken up by the phone ringing.I knew before i picked the phone up that something bad had happened to my friend.Maybe coincidence but strange all the same 

Felt very spooky reading this.

When my mum was in her very early twenties she worked in a whisky factory manning the switchboard. She was going out with one of the sales reps at that time. 

One evening she woke up in the middle of the night and he was standing at the foot of her bed. She tells me she was not scared,  even though he was just standing there . She went into work the next morning and the first call she took was to inform the company that he would not be in that day as he had been killed in a car accident the previous night on the way back from England. She is adamant she seen him and it was not a dream. 

My great granny was a 'spiritualist' . There are numerous hand me down stories I could tell but would be laughed off the board. I myself am a bit sceptical but choose to keep an open mind due to one incident.

My gran had an infatuation with butterflies. She had a big butterfly thing in her garden. It was made of wire and shaped like a butterfly, she grew flowers on it. She had umpteen butterly brooches , fridge magnets etc . When she died my brother stayed at my house the night before the funeral. It was mid January. He went into the spare bedroom at the end of the night and found a butterfly, on the bed. I know there will be some clever bod to tell me that it is not impossible to find a butterfly in the winter and not to read anything into it, but butterflies are not something i find regularly in the house, even in the summer, never mind mid January. 

As i said, I am more a cynic than a believer, but the butterfly keeps my mind opened.  Maybe more through hope. 

20 hours ago, Marky said:

The Attack of the Unsinkable Rubber Ducks by Christopher Brookmyre is a good read (as are all of his books). This one is set in the world of fortune tellers etc and comes up with some good theories to debunk all this stuff. It's a cracking story too.

The butterfly clearly didn't have the same affect on you ....?

Just to clarify , I don't believe in the medium thing nor seances or these ludicrous  ghost hunting programmes etc . However I've had too many "experiences " of weird shit over the years to just dismiss the "supernatural"  out of hand .  One other stands out , whilst in The Gulf again in 90/91  I used to sleep on top of our vehicle. (Got some stunning night skies to go to sleep by)  However the night the Air war started (16th Jan) I dreamt my mother was desperately trying to wake me ... I could literally feel her shaking me and hear her voice.  I woke up suddenly (Managed to get myself hooked up in the cam net, shat  myself, then looked around everybody was in NBC kit  I jumped down and got my kit on thinking it must have been the guys voices I had heard .....until one of them saId.......  " Oh I forgot you were up there !"    

16 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

The board is all political because Scotland is full of subserviant cvnts.

Edited by Ormond

13 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Felt very spooky reading this.

When my mum was in her very early twenties she worked in a whisky factory manning the switchboard. She was going out with one of the sales reps at that time. 

One evening she woke up in the middle of the night and he was standing at the foot of her bed. She tells me she was not scared,  even though he was just standing there . She went into work the next morning and the first call she took was to inform the company that he would not be in that day as he had been killed in a car accident the previous night on the way back from England. She is adamant she seen him and it was not a dream. 

My great granny was a 'spiritualist' . There are numerous hand me down stories I could tell but would be laughed off the board. I myself am a bit sceptical but choose to keep an open mind due to one incident.

My gran had an infatuation with butterflies. She had a big butterfly thing in her garden. It was made of wire and shaped like a butterfly, she grew flowers on it. She had umpteen butterly brooches , fridge magnets etc . When she died my brother stayed at my house the night before the funeral. It was mid January. He went into the spare bedroom at the end of the night and found a butterfly, on the bed. I know there will be some clever bod to tell me that it is not impossible to find a butterfly in the winter and not to read anything into it, but butterflies are not something i find regularly in the house, even in the summer, never mind mid January. 

As i said, I am more a cynic than a believer, but the butterfly keeps my mind opened.  Maybe more through hope. 

Lots of butterfly species hibernate over winter. They like undisturbed dark places. I am going to make a spooky prediction that it was a red admiral or a peacock (that's the butterfly, not the bird). Happy to help.:ok: 

2 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Lots of butterfly species hibernate over winter. They like undisturbed dark places. I am going to make a spooky prediction that it was a red admiral or a peacock (that's the butterfly, not the bird). Happy to help.:ok: 

Hmm, well,  I must say,  I wasnt expecting you to be the clever bod to shoot my theory down in flames......?

However, given it was the eve of her funeral,  and her being one of my favourite people in the whole wide world,  I think I  prefer to choose my version thanks very much ? 

Appreciate the nature lesson all the same. It was an orange and brown butterfly, whatever that is ?

4 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

Hmm, well,  I must say,  I wasnt expecting you to be the clever bod to shoot my theory down in flames......?

However, given it was the eve of her funeral,  and her being one of my favourite people in the whole wide world,  I think I  prefer to choose my version thanks very much ? 

Appreciate the nature lesson all the same. It was an orange and brown butterfly, whatever that is ?

Maybe the "mothman prophecies" haha i actually liked that film, supposed to based on "true events"

On 2017-5-24 at 10:54 PM, Brummie Hibs said:

I'd never be able to have a w@nk again if I suspected my deid gran or uncle were watching me. 

???

On 2017-5-25 at 8:15 AM, Parklife said:

Would you like to buy some magic beans? 

?

On 27/05/2017 at 5:14 AM, TDYER63 said:

What butterfly??? Gran will be crying in her chrysalis ! 

I don't remember the butterfly?

I remember the gun and helmet floating above the crib?

Load of keech!!

7 hours ago, Marky said:

I don't remember the butterfly?

I remember the gun and helmet floating above the crib?

Load of keech!!

House in Blackburn. Spare room. Jeezo it was you who shouted me through cos you were so surprised. Cant believe you dont remember that. 

Cant comment on the other incidents as I never seen them but i did see the butterfly. 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

House in Blackburn. Spare room. Jeezo it was you who shouted me through cos you were so surprised. Cant believe you dont remember that. 

Cant comment on the other incidents as I never seen them but i did see the butterfly. 

Sometimes dreams can seem so real.

Is your gran a Buddhist?