The Scottish Cup Final - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Scottish Cup Final

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to believe in my team and embrace any added disappointment that may come, should we lose. 

Press Celtic high up the pitch, don't give them easy possession. Impose ourselves on them and on the game. We'll need to take our chances and we'll need a bit luck but i have faith in them. 

1-0 AFC. Captain Shinnie with the winner. 

COYR. 

Celtic to come flying out the traps like they did at Pittodrie. Team picks itself if everyone fit, with maybe the exception of Rogic/McGregor although I expect the letter to start.

5-1 and Stuart Armstrong hattrick then me to tweet a photo of the monorail guy from the Simpsons to Parklife.

2-1 Dons.  We will go 2-0 up early (Hayes screamer and Considine from a set piece).  We will then concede a crap goal early in second half (Ash Taylor) and then hang on for dear life - all with Rooney doing absolutely feck all and McInnes refusing to take him off for reasons only known to him.

Well, either that or 5-0 Celtic.

ETA - When was the last time Celtic had a man sent off?????  Just saying.......

Edited by SMcoolJ

9 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

then me to tweet a photo of the monorail guy from the Simpsons to Parklife.

:( 

3 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

We've also had stonewall PK's not given in each of our last 3 matches. We're due something... 

Hopefully ex-Rangers season ticket holder Bobby Madden will help us out. 

7 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

2-1 Dons.  We will go 2-0 up early (Hayes screamer and Considine from a set piece).  We will then concede a crap goal early in second half (Ash Taylor) and then hang on for dear life - all with Rooney doing absolutely feck all and McInnes refusing to take him off for reasons only known to him.

Well, either that or 5-0 Celtic.

Scott Brown v Ross County...... rescinded though ?

Met young Jay Beatty this morning who tells me that Leigh Griffiths is to score six at Hampden on Saturday.

I'd just take the three on Saturday, and the other three on the 10th June, I'm not greedy

Both clubs have announced they are cancelling victory parades in light of the 'ongoing security situation'. Fair enough I suppose. I'd imagine the cops will be hot on anyone daft enough to bring pyro on Saturday as well. 

7 minutes ago, slasher said:

Both clubs have announced they are cancelling victory parades in light of the 'ongoing security situation'. Fair enough I suppose. I'd imagine the cops will be hot on anyone daft enough to bring pyro on Saturday as well. 

Do you think?  I think it's a step too far.  Unless there are extremely good reasons we're unlikely to be made aware of.

Edited by PapofGlencoe

1 minute ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Do you think?  I think it's a step too far.  Unless there are extremely good reasons we're unlikely to be made aware of.

Police Scotland stretched as it is apparently. ?

9 minutes ago, slasher said:

I wasn't too fussed about going to the legends game, but was looking forward to seeing the open top bus, especially if we beat Aberdeen.

Might not even leave the Gallowgate now :billy:  

4 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

I wasn't too fussed about going to the legends game, but was looking forward to seeing the open top bus, especially if we beat Aberdeen.

Might not even leave the Gallowgate now :billy:  

I'm taking the kids ?

Hopefully I have a manageable hangover ?

Just now, slasher said:

I'm taking the kids ?

Hopefully I have a manageable hangover ?

Aye these games are great for families. 

My son is still too young for it mind you but the lure of seeing Henrik and Lubo again will mean I end up going.

And Harold Brattbakk, obviously.

20 minutes ago, Reevesy said:

Aye these games are great for families. 

My son is still too young for it mind you but the lure of seeing Henrik and Lubo again will mean I end up going.

And Harold Brattbakk, obviously.

I was once in Johnny Gould's house years ago.

Aye.

Up near Mearnskirk it was.

But he wasn't in at the time. 

Pity.

Should tell the wee man the ghost story of Stéphane Bonnes and Danny Milosevic, the spirits of whom legend has it still wander the old Barrowfield training ground waiting for their first team debuts ! 

3 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

I was once in Johnny Gould's house years ago.

Aye.

Up near Mearnskirk it was.

But he wasn't in at the time. 

Pity.

Should tell the wee man the ghost story of Stéphane Bonnes and Danny Milosevic, the spirits of whom legend has it still wander the old Barrowfield training ground waiting for their first team debuts ! 

I always thought Gould was unlucky to lose his place to Douglas when he signed.

Stephane Bonnes is still a bit of an online cult hero on the Celtic forums, despite nobody knowing what he even looks like.

P.S don't remember the other guy at all.

Edited by Reevesy

Just now, Reevesy said:

I always thought Gould was unlucky to lose his place to Douglas when he signed.

Stephane Bonnes is still a bit of an online cult hero on the Celtic forums, despite nobody knowing what he even looks like.

P.S don't remember the other guy at all.

Stéphane Bonnes - international man of mystery

i0wATnLp45-tTJNGGlQFZQ11415

Played for Partick Thistle after leaving Celtic but appears to have retired after that.

Milosevic was a highly rated young Aussie keeper signed from Leeds in 2004. Only problem was he was a bit of a zoomer and left after only a few weeks. He also retired quite young.

1 hour ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Stéphane Bonnes - international man of mystery

i0wATnLp45-tTJNGGlQFZQ11415

Was employed by Partick Thistle after leaving Celtic but appears to have retired after that.

Milosevic was a highly rated young Aussie keeper signed from Leeds in 2004. Only problem was he was a bit of a zoomer and left after only a few weeks. He also retired quite young.

Adjusted for accuracy.