The Scottish Cup Final - Page 6 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Scottish Cup Final

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, kps022000 said:

I know, i watched him walk off the pitch after the doctor finished with him.  There are many things you can accuse Tierney of, however theatrical could not be further from the reality.

Team theatrics.

(I like Tierney.)

37 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

He had a head knock and was receiving treatment. This is the twenty first century. Transpires he has been taken to hospital as his tooth had gone through his upper lip. In truth, despite your protestations, none of us know if Stockley meant to elbow Tierney (who may now be a doubt for the England game). Brown should get hauled up for his stamp on Hayes. But won't.

Mouth knock.

(No where near his brain.)

Celtic were there for the taking and a manager who knows how to win would have made it an uncomfortable afternoon.  Running out of puff is not really good enough excuse as it was not just the last 5 mins, it was the last half hour.  Sat back, let us have chance after chance and the inevitable happened.  

Just now, Scotty CTA said:

Mouth knock.

(No where near his brain.)

Harrumph!

Good effort by Aberdeen; Celtic deserved the win though. Hope Tierney is OK. Enjoyed hearing Bamber Stubbs referring to Celtic getting 'all the, eh, acculations'.

6 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Very proud of Aberdeen for making a great go of it in what many were saying would be a forgone conclusion.

(Have a good weekend, everyone!)

Smashing game of football, and well done to Aberdeen for making it a great game of football for everyone and not just the neutral.

Feel heart sick for Kenny McClean though - just got his timing wrong. Hope it doesn't affect him for too long.

You can't help but feel for Aberdeen fans, however, I don't feel sorry for a manager that has assembled a team that is stuck in the 1970's. The one thing Rodgers has given us more than anything else is fitness, we can run for 90 minutes. A wonderful season, it's all downhill from here.

44 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

...In truth, despite your protestations, none of us know if Stockley meant to elbow Tierney...

Stockley was booked twice and sent off in his previous game.

Already towering over most other players, he'd go for headers with his arm outstretched (above his shoulders) and more often than not would catch an opposition player with his arm, elbow, or hand.

McInnes said that Jayden was distraught in the dressing room after the red, but that they were going to work on it.

Since I never saw him lean with an outstretched arm above his shoulder once in the Final, I believe that the contact with Tierney was unfortunate and accidental.

Stockley went from a red to a Cup Final start over our leading scorer.

There's no way that he would squander that chance by purposely hurting Tierney in such a close and important game.

12 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Smashing game of football, and well done to Aberdeen for making it a great game of football for everyone and not just the neutral.

Feel heart sick for Kenny McClean though - just got his timing wrong. Hope it doesn't affect him for too long.

The McLean chance was a huge turning point.

Hopefully both he and Tierney can dust themselves off in time for the England game.

12 minutes ago, phart said:

Here comes passive aggressive scotty after a loss. Buckle up.

:lol:

I'm fine.

Very happy with our season and our performance today. :)

2 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

The McLean chance was a huge turning point.

Hopefully both he and Tierney can dust themselves off in time for the England game.

:lol:

I'm fine.

Very happy with our season and our performance today. :)

The turning point was McInnes being as negative as ever and taking off for McGinn for O'Connor, gave us the momentum we needed.

Absolutely gutting. Not going to lie. Thought we ran out of puff and Mcinnes should probably have taken Wright on for McGinn. Easy with hindsight. Not surr Madden had a huge influence on game but he certainly didn't help us. Glad we didn't totally disappoint in Scotland's showpiece. Thought Hayes was outstanding. 

6 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Stockley was booked twice and sent off in his previous game.

Already towering over most other players, he'd go for headers with his arm outstretched (above his shoulders) and more often than not would catch an opposition player with his arm, elbow, or hand.

McInnes said that Jayden was distraught in the dressing room after the red, but that they were going to work on it.

Since I never saw him lean with an outstretched arm above his shoulder once in the Final, I believe that the contact with Tierney was unfortunate and accidental.

Stockley went from a red to a Cup Final start over our leading scorer.

There's no way that he would squander that chance by purposely hurting Tierney in such a close and important game.

Guff. He swung his arm and his elbow caught Tierney. It looked to me like he meant it, but I don't claim to know for sure one way or the other. In truth (as I think Willie Miller said at half-time) only Stockley really knows what was going on in his mind.  You (mistakenly) are sure based on the sum total of nothing beyond your support for Aberdeen. The post is self-serving nonsense entirely without substance.Either way Celtic won the game, it's done now. My only concern now is that Tierney will be OK for the England game. He was at the ground at the end, so looking hopeful.