The Scottish Cup Final - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Scottish Cup Final

17 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

:lol:

I'm fine.

Very happy with our season and our performance today. :)

I was disappointed for you. However the claim that the mouth is nowhere near the brain had me thinking you might have been a wee bit biased :P

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest faircity
1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

No booking for Brown there, what an utter feckin joke 

Just heading back from it. I'm gobsmacked at Bobby Madden's handling of Scott brown today. He simply didn't want anything to do with him and refused to apply the laws of the game. 

15 minutes ago, faircity said:

Just heading back from it. I'm gobsmacked at Bobby Madden's handling of Scott brown today. He simply didn't want anything to do with him and refused to apply the laws of the game. 

He must've gave 5 or 6 fouls against Brown. The definition of "persistent fouling". Frustrating but doubt a yellow card for him would've changed much. 

We had our chance, when Hayes squared it to McLean. I'll be seeing that miss in my sleep for weeks :( 

7 minutes ago, Parklife said:

He must've gave 5 or 6 fouls against Brown. The definition of "persistent fouling". Frustrating but doubt a yellow card for him would've changed much. 

We had our chance, when Hayes squared it to McLean. I'll be seeing that miss in my sleep for weeks :( 

A Faddy v Italy moment for sure. 

He was just too eager. He needed to hang back that wee bit longer. 

10 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Have you seen Brown's challenge on Hayes where he follows through and his studs seem to make contact with the top of Hayes' leg/thigh?

Guest faircity
15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Aye, indeed. 

I was right in line withe the hayes/McLean debacle. At the time I thought Kenny needed to pull back slightly but I'd like to see it again. Absolute howler either way. 

2 minutes ago, the_fadiator said:

Tierney's tweeted that the win's "worth a broken jaw". That's shocking news for Scotland if he has broken his jaw. 

Didn't look like that the way he was screaming at the fans when lifting the cup. 

Hopefully ok for the England game ??

Edited by McTeeko

25 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Gutted. Absolutely gutted. We gave so much but still not enough. Well done to Celtic. 

Hardlines, Parklife.

I feel for a lot of Aberdeen fans this year - getting to the finals - and whilst it probably means nothing to you now, Aberdeen are most definitely the second best team in Scotland by a huge distance.

Good luck next year and a good/long Europa League run beckons I hope :)

Have a few pints tonight too!

Aberdeen well deserved 2nd by a mile, but next season will be far more difficult, especially if McGinn, Jack & McInnes all leave. On budget alone, Sevco sadly favourite for 2nd next year. Hearts likely to be better too after getting rid of the terrible January signings.

59 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Guff. He swung his arm and his elbow caught Tierney. It looked to me like he meant it, but I don't claim to know for sure one way or the other. In truth (as I think Willie Miller said at half-time) only Stockley really knows what was going on in his mind.  You (mistakenly) are sure based on the sum total of nothing beyond your support for Aberdeen. The post is self-serving nonsense entirely without substance.Either way Celtic won the game, it's done now. My only concern now is that Tierney will be OK for the England game. He was at the ground at the end, so looking hopeful.

No, I gave my opinion base on watching every minute of his play this season, and on seeing the contact.

23 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Dons'd it

By pushing an unbeaten side into injury time in the Cup Final?

(Anyone get closer?)

Just now, slasher said:

A proper cup final! Well done to all involved! ?

The last two finals in particular have been the best I can remember. As much as I hate Hampden, when it's full for a cup final, the pitch is great, two teams playing in their traditional colours and that produce a great game of football, it makes scottish football all worthwhile.

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

No, I gave my opinion base on watching every minute of his play this season, and on seeing the contact.

The first bit is irrelevant to what happened today, the second entirely subjective. Overall, just blinkered guff pretending to be an objective assessment. My (entirely subjective) viewpoint is that he had a swing at Tierney, but I don't much care and am self-aware enough not to kid myself that what I think I saw in any way qualifies me to be sure of what was going on in Stockley's mind.

I do care about whether Tierney is available for the England game though, hopefully suggestions that he has a broken jaw prove unfounded. Could he really have been taken to hospital, seen, diagnosed, treated and released in time to be back at Hampden for the trophy presentation?

1 hour ago, phart said:

I was disappointed for you. However the claim that the mouth is nowhere near the brain had me thinking you might have been a wee bit biased :P

When I think potential 'head injury' I think 'skull'.

0501-artifact.jpg

Same with a bleeding nose.

I don't think 'head injury'.

A bash to the skull where the brain is located would be a major concern in a football game.

Anything potentially concussion related.

20 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

The first bit is irrelevant to what happened today...

It's not.

As already stated (below) Stockley had just been distraught after a red card, and he had noticeably changed his game because of it.

His arms were now below his shoulders, whereas they hadn't been previously.

He mindset was to avoid the style of challenge that had previously got him in trouble.

1 hour ago, Scotty CTA said:

Stockley was booked twice and sent off in his previous game.

Already towering over most other players, he'd go for headers with his arm outstretched (above his shoulders) and more often than not would catch an opposition player with his arm, elbow, or hand.

McInnes said that Jayden was distraught in the dressing room after the red, but that they were going to work on it.

Since I never saw him lean with an outstretched arm above his shoulder once in the Final, I believe that the contact with Tierney was unfortunate and accidental.

Stockley went from a red to a Cup Final start over our leading scorer.

There's no way that he would squander that chance by purposely hurting Tierney in such a close and important game.

And yes, I'm an Aberdeen fan (but that's the only ammo you have.)

Two players can clash heads without there being a legitimate foul.

A player can get injured without there being a legitimate foul.

A player who might have a reputation of diving can still be genuinely fouled in the box.

And a player with previous for regularly swinging his arms in a challenge can accidentally collide with an opponent with his arms down when he turns.

That was my take.

Edited by Scotty CTA

55 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

A Faddy v Italy moment for sure. 

He was just too eager. He needed to hang back that wee bit longer. 

Faddy vs Italy is exactly what sprung to my mind too. The same head in hands, almost crying reaction both times too :lol: 

51 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Have you seen Brown's challenge on Hayes where he follows through and his studs seem to make contact with the top of Hayes' leg/thigh?

I've not. Will watch the game back tonight. Can't complain too much as it sounds like Stockley got away with one too? 

46 minutes ago, faircity said:

Aye, indeed. 

I was right in line withe the hayes/McLean debacle. At the time I thought Kenny needed to pull back slightly but I'd like to see it again. Absolute howler either way. 

Yeah. One, or both, badly effed I'd up. 

39 minutes ago, weekevie04 said:

Hardlines, Parklife.

I feel for a lot of Aberdeen fans this year - getting to the finals - and whilst it probably means nothing to you now, Aberdeen are most definitely the second best team in Scotland by a huge distance.

Good luck next year and a good/long Europa League run beckons I hope :)

Have a few pints tonight too!

Yeah. Of all the years to get to the final... We run in to one of the best Scottish teams ever typical. 

28 minutes ago, slasher said:

A proper cup final! Well done to all involved! ?

Well done. Enjoy your evening. And go easy on Rossy if you see him :lol: 

1 minute ago, Scotty CTA said:

It's not.

As already stated (below) Stockley had just been distraught after a red card, and he had noticeably changed his game because of it.

His arms were now below his shoulders, whereas they hadn't been previously.

He mindset was to avoid the style of challenge that had previously got him in trouble.

And yes, I'm an Aberdeen fan (but that's the only ammo you have.)

Two players can clash heads without there being a legitimate foul.

A player can get injured without there being a legitimate foul.

A player who might have a reputation of diving can still be genuinely fouled in the box.

And a player with previous for previously regularly swinging his arms in a challenge can accidentally collide with an opponent with his arms down when he turns.

That was my take.

Like the first part of your previous post most of that is irrelevant, red herrings in an attempt to give some sort of substance to what is nothing more (or less) than a partisan fans blinkered viewpoint. 'But that's all the ammo you have'. Excellent. I enjoyed the highlighted bit too, genuinely funny that you seem to believe (and I suspect you do) that you can know his mindset in the split second that the incident happened. Your other post above re what constitutes head injury is pretty funny too. 

12 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I've not. Will watch the game back tonight. Can't complain too much as it sounds like Stockley got away with one too? 

Opinion obviously divided on that one. Looked a bad one to me, everyone will have their own take.

It was a good game from a neutral perspective, and I enjoyed the way Aberdeen had a go and took the game to Celtic. The way they pressed so much caught up on them in the end I suspect, couldn't sustain it for 90 minutes.