The Scottish Cup Final - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Scottish Cup Final

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, macy37 said:

What a time to be a Tim.

Aye, everything has clicked into place this season. Rodgers, Tierney, the standing section, the football, the songs, the connect between the fans and the players and Tam Rogic. Even if we never won the league again, no one can take this season away from me.

23 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I enjoyed the highlighted bit too, genuinely funny that you seem to believe (and I suspect you do) that you can know his mindset in the split second that the incident happened. 

I've already told you a few times what I believe his game mindset to be, and why.

25 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

Your other post above re what constitutes head injury is pretty funny too. 

Show me a nose and a mouth in that image and we can laugh together.

Gutted. Nae hiding fae that the day. Absolutely gutted.

Gave everything but just nae enough. Did nae see us running oot a steam even playing the high press but there you go.

The Hayes / Kenny moment..nae words 

Just did nae take oor chances

Scott Brown how was he nae booked, nae sure wit the ref thinks in these situations 

Stockley, if it'd been the other way a would have been shouting fir a red but a hope he did nae mean it.

Well done tae Celtic, regardless , going unbeaten is a good achievement. It does make you wonder on the days performance wit a league we might have if the money was evenly spread.

A good season but still gutted. Safe journey tae aw the Reds heading up the road 

Stand Free 

6 minutes ago, Tartan_Don said:

Gutted. Nae hiding fae that the day. Absolutely gutted.

Gave everything but just nae enough. Did nae see us running oot a steam even playing the high press but there you go.

The Hayes / Kenny moment..nae words 

Just did nae take oor chances

Scott Brown how was he nae booked, nae sure wit the ref thinks in these situations 

Stockley, if it'd been the other way a would have been shouting fir a red but a hope he did nae mean it.

Well done tae Celtic, regardless , going unbeaten is a good achievement. It does make you wonder on the days performance wit a league we might have if the money was evenly spread.

A good season but still gutted. Safe journey tae aw the Reds heading up the road 

Stand Free 

What a gracious post in the circumstances.

Class act.

24 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

I've already told you a few times what I believe his game mindset to be, and why.

Show me a nose and a mouth in that image and we can laugh together.

You have. It's a subjective opinion with nothing of any substance to back it up. You appear unaware of that.

The nose and mouth are part of the head, so an injury to one or other of them is by definition a head injury. Over and above this concussion occurs when the brain comes into violent contact with the inside of the skull. There does not have to be any direct 'hit' to the outside of the skull for concussion to occur. Certainly a smack to the nose or mouth could result in concussion, as could a violent jarring of the head when another part of the body (such as the torso) is impacted. I don't know whether worries about concussion were one of the reasons it took so long to treat Tierney today, but it is a possibility and if so a sensible precaution. Maybe I'm conditioned to that now through watching and having played rugby, where protocol around head injuries is increasingly strict. It is common enough for long periods of treatment to occur which ultimately result in the player either playing on or walking off the field.

Edited by Pool Q

1 hour ago, the_fadiator said:

Aberdeen well deserved 2nd by a mile, but next season will be far more difficult, especially if McGinn, Jack & McInnes all leave. On budget alone, Sevco sadly favourite for 2nd next year. Hearts likely to be better too after getting rid of the terrible January signings.

just look out for the Hibees

4 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

You have. It's a subjective opinion with nothing of any substance to back it up. You appear unaware of that.

Except the video.

6 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

I clearly am.

I have stated what I believe (and having just watched it 10 times in a row) I still believe it.

Here...

30 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Just now, Scotty CTA said:

Except the video.

I clearly am.

I have stated what I believe (and having just watched it 10 times in a row) I still believe it.

Precisely so. You belief is based on your viewing of the incident. We have differing interpretations, both are subjective. Your's possibly more partial than mine. Only Stockley can know what was going through his mind. 

Do you 'know' the difference between 'I believe' and 'I know'?

26 minutes ago, Pool Q said:

You belief is based on your viewing of the incident. 

Correct (and from what I know of seeing every minute of his game time, and every interview, and knowing his previous).

Edited by Scotty CTA

40 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

Except the video.

I clearly am.

Here...

We must have different definitions of 'absolutely'

1 hour ago, giblet said:

just look out for the Hibees

Heard that last year fae the other half of Auld Reekie. Saints will finish above both Edinburgh sides next year if we hang onto Tommy Wright the whole season.

Just now, Ormond said:

Heard that last year fae the other half of Auld Reekie. Saints will finish above both Edinburgh sides next year if we hang onto Tommy Wright the whole season.

Easily. I don't think of Wright as much as you do, but he's a better manager than Lennon.

2 minutes ago, Mox said:

Easily. I don't think of Wright as much as you do, but he's a better manager than Lennon.

I believe Wright is the best manager in the league given what he has done year after year with one of the lowest budgets around.

4 minutes ago, giblet said:

fair enough, but you got to play the Jumbos 4 times.

Aye, you've got a great record against Hearts right enough... :lol: