The Scottish Cup Final - Page 10 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

The Scottish Cup Final

38 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Correct

deep down you know I'm 100% correct. 

As I said Celtic are stuck between a rock and a hard place, there's nothing graceless about what I'm saying. Football in Scotland is barely even a sport anymore. Celtic are far beyond any other team's reach because they have much more money than the rest. Winning and winning big is expected of them.

celtic are one the other end when it comes to the CL hence why I said I'd be impressed if they did something in Europe. We will have to agree to disagree on 

I watched your mob utterly demolish my mob last Sunday. Out of the park it was. For a top six side, we weren't even competitive. Go figure in respect of your money comment above. It's the way of this sport these days.

First goal was key yesterday - as it is in most top level games these days - just unfortunate that Dons couldn't have settled on their lead and adjusted accordingly.

European football in Scottish terms has been another galaxy since Jean-Claude Darcheville played for Oldco and the Dons got a draw v Bayern nine years ago. There are levels in senior football these days. TV money has seen to that.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too much at stake for silky soccer

Delighted for the Accies and all they try to to with bringing through young players

5 minutes ago, Ally Bongo said:

Too much at stake for silky soccer

Delighted for the Accies and all they try to to with bringing through young players

I'm more chuffed that it pisses off all the tits who know nothing about football with their 'the bigger fanbase teams deserve to be in the top league.' attitude.

5 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Might be on my own here but I'm not impressed with this treble win or the invincibles tag, they took five attempts at the treble with no competition. It's ended up taking a ridiculously highly paid manager and about £35m spent to do it:lol:

i couldn't be more proud of the dons efforts yesterday, they left everything on the park. 

Finally, Scott brown is a classless mink.

Scott Brown threw his runners up medal away on the patk when we beat them in 2012. In fact, Celtic did a disappearing act after their medals. 

Great player but classless. 

19 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Scott Brown threw his runners up medal away on the patk when we beat them in 2012. In fact, Celtic did a disappearing act after their medals. 

Great player but classless. 

Rangers disappeared before they received their medals

Not long in the door - That couldn't have hurt anymore had Hannibal 'feckin' Lecter got a hold of me around 5pm yesterday! 

The drive back home to Norfolk today was brutal.

Well done Celtic tough. They're a very good team, with a manager who I like.

Pleasing to see us 'turn up' this time, but we still lost.

Great effort from both teams, the noise was incredible at times, and our 'display' was a magnificent spectacle. (Huge thanks to all involved)

Celtic's day though. Let them enjoy it. We'll just have to regroup and have another bash next season!

Stand Free :) 

13 minutes ago, Redz said:

Not long in the door - That couldn't have hurt anymore had Hannibal 'feckin' Lecter got a hold of me around 5pm yesterday! 

The drive back home to Norfolk today was brutal.

Well done Celtic tough. They're a very good team, with a manager who I like.

Pleasing to see us 'turn up' this time, but we still lost.

Great effort from both teams, the noise was incredible at times, and our 'display' was a magnificent spectacle. (Huge thanks to all involved)

Celtic's day though. Let them enjoy it. We'll just have to regroup and have another bash next season!

Good on you for posting that after your journey. Class act.

Rossy's probably still on the ferry from Hull..............

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Their fans had all cleared off before Celtic went up for their medals even.

55 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Good on you for posting that after your journey. Class act.

Rossy's probably still on the ferry from Hull..............

Easy post to make Barney. We're all fitba fans on here, and appreciate what it's like to have your stomach 'ripped oot' at some point!

A drive 'hame' to 'Chicago' would have been worse !!!  :lol:

He normally flies I think. Must have this time too as there's no mention of a 'man overboard' on the news that I'm aware o' 

Great game yesterday.

Aberdeen for a good 70 minutes chased and worked hard for everything. Pressed Celtic right back and to be honest had us worried. Thought Shinnie and McLean very good. Also surprisingly Ashton Taylor was good at that back for a change against us. However something seemed to give about that 70 minute mark and all of a sudden Aberdeen got sucked back into their box. Call it fitness or class coming out but from then on in Celtic should have scored several more.

Stockley - the great Willie Miller is spot on, only Stockley knows if deliberate but even if not he has to learn to lose that wreckless style he has. Also quite mysterious his lack of concern. Got to hope KT makes the England game as Andy and himself were a big part of the last victory.

Fingers crossed the Dons keep their manager and players but also add wisely.

What a season and still the Auld enemy to come.

Edited by Bingo Foot Soldier

On 5/27/2017 at 0:31 PM, Mox said:

The turning point was McInnes being as negative as ever and taking off for McGinn for O'Connor, gave us the momentum we needed.

The McLean chance was our best hope to win.

The substitution would most likely have been different if we were up 2-1 at that point.

On 5/27/2017 at 1:40 PM, the_fadiator said:

Aberdeen well deserved 2nd by a mile, but next season will be far more difficult, especially if McGinn, Jack & McInnes all leave. On budget alone, Sevco sadly favourite for 2nd next year. Hearts likely to be better too after getting rid of the terrible January signings.

1. The personnel can and will be replaced.

2. Sevco's budget was way bigger than ours this season.

On 5/27/2017 at 4:06 PM, kps022000 said:

We must have different definitions of 'absolutely'

To which of my posts are you referring?

On 5/27/2017 at 4:35 PM, Pool Q said:

Yes. I know that you believe what you are saying is correct.

And I'm confident of it too (here on this 'it's all about opinions, message board).

3 hours ago, Redz said:

Absolutely!

1 hour ago, Bingo Foot Soldier said:

Stockley - the great Willie Miller is spot on, only Stockley knows if deliberate...

OK...

"twitter-tweet" Support was unbelievable yesterday, thank you to all our incredible fans for the season, and no, it wasn't intentional in the slightest! ✌️

Edited by Scotty CTA

(Thank you for your question.)

Rather than be a 'slave' who succumbs to the sort of 'traditional' divisive non-footballing baggage that goes along with being a supporter of the likes of Rangers and Celtic, Aberdeen fans have consciously chosen to make a point of the football being about the football only and have sensibly decided to 'STAND FREE' from such pathetic nonsense.

It's one 'game' we won't play. :)

16 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I'm not bitter at all, I'm proud of my team's efforts yesterday. We did very well, all I can hope is that my team gives everything and that's exactly what they gave.

Celtic winning the treble is like usain Bolt beating Stephen hawking in a 100m sprint.

Your teardrops are splendid.

6 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

(Thank you for your question.)

Rather than be a 'slave' who succumbs to the sort of 'traditional' divisive non-footballing baggage that goes along with being a supporter of the likes of Rangers and Celtic, Aberdeen fans have consciously chosen to make a point of the football being about the football only and have sensibly decided to 'STAND FREE' from such pathetic nonsense.

It's one 'game' we won't play. :)

That Scotty, is beautiful :ok: