The Greatest - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Pele, without a doubt. Then Maradona. After that there are quite a few in contention for 3rd - Cruyff, Beckenbauer, Eusebio, Messi, Ronaldo, Platini, Baresi, Matthaus, Rooney................

............and Chic Charnley of course.

I think you would have to pick someone for each position really as you cant compare a centre back with a striker but if i was pushed i would go for Cruyff an artist with the ball. but as a youngster it would have been Eddie Gray (if he hadn't been kicked up and down the park he would have been one of the best )or Bernt schuster.

Ian

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

yup, what he'll be remembered for

Not by actual football fans.

Two goals in a world cup final and the screamer at Hampden to win the champions league stand out much more than that

1 hour ago, Reevesy said:

Not by actual football fans.

Two goals in a world cup final and the screamer at Hampden to win the champions league stand out much more than that

Spot on Reevesy. The headbutt was one moment of madness in a phenomenal career. 

Watching some of the dribbling he did in slow motion is like watching ballet. Incredibly graceful. 

7 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Spot on Reevesy. The headbutt was one moment of madness in a phenomenal career. 

Watching some of the dribbling he did in slow motion is like watching ballet. Incredibly graceful. 

A great player, but that 'one moment of madness' rules him out of being the greatest, wouldn't you say?

Was it ever clarified what the Italian defender had said? I vaguely recall it was meant to have been summat about his mother.

9 minutes ago, DonnyTJS said:

A great player, but that 'one moment of madness' rules him out of being the greatest, wouldn't you say?

Was it ever clarified what the Italian defender had said? I vaguely recall it was meant to have been summat about his mother.

The Italian whank deserved a heider. 

End of the day, it comes down to what your name's associated with ...

The Pele Droop

The Ronaldo Preen

The Cruyff Turn

The Maradona Cheating-Dirty-Handballing-Ba$tard-Incident

The Zidane Moment-of-Madness

The Messi Airline-Ad

The Beckenbauer Backhander

Edited by DonnyTJS