Richest game in football - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Richest game in football

5 hours ago, Mitre said:

I hope Huddersfield go up due to the chap that posts on here. Enjoy your day mate.

He'll be having the time of his life right now.

Congrats to Huddersfield.

7 hours ago, Mitre said:

I hope Huddersfield go up due to the chap that posts on here. Enjoy your day mate.

My sentiments exactly. Glad they've made it up and fingers crossed they make a decent go of things next season too. 

4 hours ago, Mitre said:

This is possibly the worst ever gemme i've seen

You obviously missed Dundee Utd and Hamilton yesterday, that was so shite. Happy for Huddersfield though

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

The standard of the championship is rotten.

They'll be straight back down. 

-2 goal difference and didn't win nor score in any of their play off games. 

It is poor. It's a very competitive league but the standard isn't half as good as Sky want you to believe. 

Cheers for the good wishes. That was a day out & a half.

I saw so many lads that I've stood on terraces with, in every division in the league over decades. I was 7 the last time Town were top flight & have never seen a Premier League match in my life (English that is - I've seen the odd couple of Scottish ones).

Most of all though, my son. He has travelled up & down with me to places like Dagenham (on a Tuesday night), Macclesfield (to see us lose 4-0). We once travelled over 1200 miles in 5 days to see us concede 8 & score nil. He has been with me virtually every game since he was barely out of nappies. We were there when we went bust & only had 8 players on the books with a week to go before the season & thought were going to end up in the local pub league.

After I finished going ballistic & realised I needed to reduce my blood pressure & heart rate if I didn't want to spend the night in intensive care, he gave me a massive, sweat soaked hug & I burst into tears.

I cancelled a holiday for that match & it was worth every lost penny.

1 minute ago, Huddersfield said:

I saw so many lads that I've stood on terraces with, in every division in the league over decades. I was 7 the last time Town were top flight & have never seen a Premier League match in my life (English that is - I've seen the odd couple of Scottish ones).

Most of all though, my son. He has travelled up & down with me to places like Dagenham (on a Tuesday night), Macclesfield (to see us lose 4-0). We once travelled over 1200 miles in 5 days to see us concede 8 & score nil. He has been with me virtually every game since he was barely out of nappies. We were there when we went bust & only had 8 players on the books with a week to go before the season & thought were going to end up in the local pub league.

After I finished going ballistic & realised I needed to reduce my blood pressure & heart rate if I didn't want to spend the night in intensive care, he gave me a massive, sweat soaked hug & I burst into tears.

Telt them ye'd be greeting. Delighted for you as a real supporter.

49 minutes ago, Huddersfield said:

Fantastic stuff, that's what it's all about! Delighted for you! ??

Careful on here though, some people may criticise you for sharing such momentous occasions with your son ?

3 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Fantastic stuff, that's what it's all about! Delighted for you! ??

Careful on here though, some people may criticise you for sharing such momentous occasions with your son ?

The thing is, he's now a 22-year-old, 15-stone, pub league central defender, so getting a stale beer, sweat-soaked, shirtless man hug from him sticks in my head for good & bad reasons :D

1 hour ago, dan cake said:

good thread shame all cant be happy for huddersfield 

Oh I'm happy for them however they are not a good team, will come straight back down and the championship is a poor standard.

4 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Bloody good show :ok:

A very proud day for the town of Huddersfield surely. As others have already posted, it's always good to see a club with devoted local supporters who've seen their team through some very dark times make their return to top division football. Ahead of teams such as Fulham, Leeds, Villa and Derby too.

You just missed out on the Premier League play offs about the mid 1990s did you not not ?

4 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Good to hear stuff like this. Congratulations. 

5 hours ago, Huddersfield said:

Fantastic stuff? Congratulations!